Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:09 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,592,511 times

Advertisements

Bush pulled some boners, but this one has him beat...by a long shot! So yes, Bush is looking better and better with every passing day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 10:16 AM

481 posts, read 801,946 times
I do think Bush was a horrible president.

He started a war with a country that was not involved with 9/11 attacks. Based on LIES.

He refused to allow a full investigation of 9/11 for over a full YEAR. The worst crime in U.S. history and he would not allow it to be investigated (until the evidence was cold.)

He did an absolutely rotten job on the New Orleans flood disaster. Just showed up for a photo op.

He took a country in good financial shape and ran it into the ground.

I judge Bush to be the worst president.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:19 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,020,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Bush was an awesome president I loved his down to earth nature, warm personality, and genuinely good intentions.

He kept myself and my family safe through high school, college and into my first professional job.

If only we could re-elect a past two-term president, I would certainly vote for him again!
There were 3000 people in NYC on 9/11 tha he did not manage to keep safe. I don't think that their family members will agree with you. Bush did not take office on 9/12/01. IT HAPPENED ON HIS WATCH!!!!!

It never fails...every now and then somebody makes the sltupid remark that Bush kept us safe. What universe are you living in?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Bush pulled some boners, but this one has him beat...by a long shot! So yes, Bush is looking better and better with every passing day.
Lying a nation into a war is a boner that cost over 40000 American soldiers lives and the lives of over one million Iraqis...I see. Wheres Osama bin Laden BTW? Tax breaks for the rich during a war while Haliburton and various other corrupt entities are war pofiteering with no bid contracts. Is that a boner too? Katrina was quite a boner, wasn't it?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:23 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,488,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
Bush was socially conservative and fiscally liberal. No wonder the GOP got a bad name
Bush, unlike Obama has also had a proven track record of success running a government (Texas in this case). From a macro point of view, myself family, and friends were safe, and well off financially under his leadership during both terms.

The GOP got a bad name because of the media gave it a bad name. The news organizations hate GW Bush. It's evident in everything they publish. They hassled him and his entire administration like their was no tomorrow... and many of the accusations were speculatory. The American people soaked it up and continue to this day regirgitating what they heard, read, or watched on the news, even though many don't truly understand the full story behind everything.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:28 AM

769 posts, read 884,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples&Oranges View Post
I do think Bush was a horrible president.

He started a war with a country that was not involved with 9/11 attacks. Based on LIES.

He refused to allow a full investigation of 9/11 for over a full YEAR. The worst crime in U.S. history and he would not allow it to be investigated (until the evidence was cold.)

He did an absolutely rotten job on the New Orleans flood disaster. Just showed up for a photo op.

He took a country in good financial shape and ran it into the ground.

I judge Bush to be the worst president.

These are terrible arguements copy and pasted off Bill Mahr.

We went to war with Iraq with large public support based on information given to us (public and President) by our Intelligence sector. Bush did not hatch a plan with Cheney in the Oval Office about how to trick the public into wanting to go so they could get oil contracts.

If your implying Bush was behind 9/11.....I don't know what to do.

You can find more info about NO online, Bush had to wait for the Governor to call in national relief. Bush was not in charge of FEMA when they did a crappy job.

He did not drive a car name "Economy" and wreck it. Policies Bush tried to reform 17 TIMES regarding Freddie and Fannie were blocked by top Dems help lead to the housing bubble, and what do all bubbles do?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:31 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,250,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
Likewise, they were just as big of baffoons as Bush, only they said things they didn't believe just to try to get elected.
I don't see how anyone that has listened to Bush, Kerry and Gore speak could POSSIBLY think that Kerry and Gore are as big of a baffoon as Bush, sorry.....

You don't have to like Kerry or Gore's policies, but there's no way in Hades anyone can ever convince me that Bush is as intelligent, or moreso than either of them....

Old 07-22-2009, 10:31 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,592,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Lying a nation into a war is a boner that cost over 40000 American soldiers lives and the lives of over one million Iraqis...I see. Wheres Osama bin Laden BTW? Tax breaks for the rich during a war while Haliburton and various other corrupt entities are war pofiteering with no bid contracts. Is that a boner too? Katrina was quite a boner, wasn't it?

The handwriting on the wall concerning Obama means utter catastrophe for us. It remains to be seen the level of devastation and fallout we will incur with this Boob in Chief and his hacks. But suspect it will make BushBoy's foibles look like small potatoes.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:35 AM

769 posts, read 884,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
You don't have to like Kerry or Gore's policies, but there's no way in Hades anyone can ever convince me that Bush is as intelligent, or moreso than either of them....

Bush's IQ = 123
Kerry's IQ = 120

Public speaking is not indicitive of intelligence, and if you think so then you are obviously in the lower bracket yourself "awed" by the man with the pretty mouth.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:35 AM

Bush will always be remembered as "The Worst President Ever." He will never be able to shake that title. With damn good reason too. You can defend him until you are blue in the face, but his actions attitudes and policies were indefensible. Look at where this nation was after the atrocious years of his Presidency. To judge the current POTUS against idiot boy after only eight months is ludicrous and reveals utter supidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies