Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally posted by ryanst530
Bush, unlike Obama has also had a proven track record of success running a government (Texas in this case). From a macro point of view, myself family, and friends were safe, and well off financially under his leadership during both terms.

The GOP got a bad name because of the media gave it a bad name. The news organizations hate GW Bush. It's evident in everything they publish. They hassled him and his entire administration like their was no tomorrow... and many of the accusations were speculatory. The American people soaked it up and continue to this day regirgitating what they heard, read, or watched on the news, even though many don't truly understand the full story behind everything.
Well, it's a darn shame he didn't run the U.S. as well as he ran texas, if indeed he ran texas well. (I can't judge that one)

About your second point: I thought conservatives were about taking personal responsibility instead of blaming everyone else for their problems. If the liberal media is sooooo influential, then why has the GOP been the dominant party for the past forty years??? How do you explain Reagan, Gingrich, Bush I and II??? Or the fact that the GOP gained seats in '02 and '04?? Fox News was (or is) the top rated news network?? There's NO REASON for Americans to turn against them except for their own mistakes!

Your argument makes no sense. Keep up the "blame everyone else" attitude and you'll be in the minority for a long, long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 11:40 AM

769 posts, read 887,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Nor does an IQ make you a leader.

I seem to remember people citing how smart Obama was when he was running, and that was the reason he would be a good leader despite relative inexperience.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I am one of those families. I lost loved ones on 9/11 and you are WRONG!!! I do not blame Bush for it at all. He was in office for 9 months. 9/11 was planned well before that (under Clinton) had Clinton taken our safety more serious 9/11 may not have happen but he was to busy getting a BJ in the Oval Office. Had Clinton not cut our intel and took claims by OBL seriously 9/11 may not have happen.

Please do not use families of loved one to bash Bush it is insulting.
Sorry for your loss, but Bush was briefed about bin Laden and the Taliban and an attack on the US.

He read a damn kids book after he was informed of the attack on the WTC.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:42 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
I seem to remember people citing how smart Obama was when he was running, and that was the reason he would be a good leader despite relative inexperience.

Hitler had a high IQ also and won with record numbers of votes to. Hmmmm something to think.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Sorry for your loss, but Bush was briefed about bin Laden and the Taliban and an attack on the US.

He read a damn kids book after he was informed of the attack on the WTC.

What should he have done. Got up screaming "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"? GMAB he excused himself in a way that would not cause panic.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
???
What does this mean?
"people said" who would that be, your friends? Pretty vague.

Bush was a drunk, can we say pretzel? Can you say Beijing Olympics?
He ran the economy and government like a drunken sailor.
My apologies to sailors, I should have said AWOL ANG member.

Quote:
Hitler had a high IQ also and won with record numbers of votes to. Hmmmm something to think.
Since the discussion was about Bush & Kerry, are you saying that you equate Bush with Hitler.
Yeah, I can see that.

Quote:
What should he have done. Got up screaming "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"? GMAB he excused himself in a way that would not cause panic.
It would have been nice had he taken a leadership role.
Yeah, the people in NYC, PA & DC didn't feel panic.
You really are a good apologist.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:49 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,841,447 times
Bush no factual proof he drank while president hard core proof I am not talking a rumor or gossip.

Obama factual proof he is drinking while president but not called a drunk. Do we have actual proof that Obama isnt doing drugs while in the white house?

Obama walks into windows ignore that

Obama said the recovery package has done its job dont pay attention to that.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:51 AM

769 posts, read 887,245 times
Quote:
???
What does this mean?

We were initially discussing FP Bush as a leader, and the typical "he was unintelligent" arguement was brought up, I was pointing out that his intelligence is not as low as the media protraits it and that yes, IQ does not play into leading ability much, if at all.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
We were initially discussing FP Bush as a leader, and the typical "he was unintelligent" arguement was brought up, I was pointing out that his intelligence is not as low as the media protraits it and that yes, IQ does not play into leading ability much, if at all.
Who brought up the "he was unintelligent?"
I said IQ didn't make him a leader.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
???
Since the discussion was about Bush & Kerry, are you saying that you equate Bush with Hitler.
Yeah, I can see that.
No Obama supports always like to cite his high IQ and how he won with record numbers the point which I am very sure you got is that Hitler was elected the same way Obama was. Did those things make Hitler a good leader?

Quote:
It would have been nice had he taken a leadership role.
Yeah, the people in NYC, PA & DC didn't feel panic.
You really are a good apologist.
Yeah I am one of those people and it took me a few minutes to comprehend what was happening and I didn't have the weigh of the entire country on my shoulders. No matter what he did you would ****** about so it matters not what I say. You hate him and your hatred clouds you from being able to actually think sensibly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies