U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:25 AM

3,756 posts, read 8,400,263 times

Advertisements

HR45 Gun Owners Watch Out

Concerning the Blair-Holt proposed legislation: Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

In November, the president promised he was not going after our Second Amendment rights. This bill was introduced on Feb.
24. This bill will become public knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law. This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all.

The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage, http://www.senate.gov/ You may find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099.

You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text

Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.

It has started.

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless: It is registered -You are fingerprinted -You supply a current Driver's License -You supply yourSocial Security # -You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing -Each update change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail. - There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. -They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not. If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA, whether you support the Right to Bear Arms or not because YOUR rights are next. Government is taking away our right to choose, as well as the right to defend ourselves from intruders.

CALL YOUR SENATOR

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is,
more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair. ~ H L Menken

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 09:31 AM

2,362 posts, read 4,383,379 times
Wow , what more could be said ..

Old 07-22-2009, 09:40 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,868,205 times
The liberals just do not understand that all the gun control laws in the world will not keep guns out of the hands of criminals....these laws only penalize law-abiding citizens who have guns for legitimate reasons. BUT...disarming the public is one more step towards government control of our lives, which is what they want. Government doesn't care much about stopping crime...if we were to lock up every criminal in the country right now, we wouldn't have any politicians left.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:51 AM

5,165 posts, read 5,328,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
The liberals just do not understand that all the gun control laws in the world will not keep guns out of the hands of criminals....these laws only penalize law-abiding citizens who have guns for legitimate reasons. BUT...disarming the public is one more step towards government control of our lives, which is what they want. Government doesn't care much about stopping crime...if we were to lock up every criminal in the country right now, we wouldn't have any politicians left.
criminals are called OUT-LAWS because they do not follow LAWS.

Very simple concept anti gun liberals fail to understand.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:52 AM

1,189 posts, read 3,620,420 times
Ha! Good luck with all that nonsense. I thought we had been doing alright with gun rights so far under Obama?

I know over two thirds of our attorney generals have filed an amicus brief to grant certiorari for NRA vs. Chicago in an attempt to solidify the fact that the second amendment applies to everyone. Also the hopeful agreement of Right-to-Carry interstate, since each state currently has differing laws regarding the subject.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:56 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,526,898 times
Quote:
will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own
Like that's ever going to happen. I'll say it right now: I'll never provide this information to the government.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:58 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,434,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Like that's ever going to happen. I'll say it right now: I'll never provide this information to the government.

I wont either, it is none of their business and I have the right to have the arms we have.

Hell no to the commi Obama. He has no right to ask and I have the right to tell him zero.

What happened to the constitution Obama?

Old 07-22-2009, 10:58 AM

12,870 posts, read 13,146,109 times
i don't think most people would and that is why it is such stupid legislation. it will drive the gun owners further underground and then there will be even less ability to track guns in the event of a crime being committed. i am certainly not surprised to see that the main point of this legislation is for government to get tax revenue from gun owners guns yearly.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 AM

4,933 posts, read 6,800,982 times
pass or fail, who really cares. I see no need to follow laws if they aren't in place to protect the life, liberty, or property of others. If some mafia member has a problem with it, they can take it up with my twelve gauge.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:00 AM

127 posts, read 252,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Lucky you. I am a gun owner and a NYC resident, NYPD has a complete record of every gun I own, serial number, receipts from the stores they were purchased from. For me putting it down on 1040 is le sneezing – no harm done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or