Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:34 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Imagine if you were convicted of being a sex offender after having consensual sex with your girlfriend. Her parents found out and you find yourself in court, and an old girlfriend (also with whom you've had sex) says yes you had sex with her as well.

Suddenly, you are a registered sex offender.
You can't get a job, you have people stalking you.
There's no place where you can live, even though you really did nothing wrong.

What say you about these circumstances?
This is where it becomes a different issue IMO. There are violent sex offenders and there are "boyfriends". LOL I think there should be different tiers of sex offenders. Ones that fall under "boyfriend" should not walk around with that stigma all their lives. Pedophiles forget about it, shot them on the spot. Violent sex offenders jail for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 03:30 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
There is no amount of time they can serve paying their 'debt to society' for raping a child.

We are not talking about 17yo having sex with 19 yo, we are talking about people who RAPE CHILDREN.

I have one of the b@stards living practically in my backyard (the victim was 14 when he was 30) and another living a few blocks from me. Why they are even allowed in normal society is beyond me.

Lock them up for life.
You and Chiel are both right. Some states are so overcriminalized that a person described by Chiel is called a sex offender and the situation above is also called a sex offender.

The constitution says no cruel and unusual punishment. Don't get the impression that I want them walking the street. Most psychiatrist agree that a pediphile can not be cured. They should either be in prison or in a hospital after they finish their criminal time. A pediphile should never be let out.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:33 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This thread is about "sex offenders" - you apparently have a problem with definitions.

That person is allowed to live in "normal" (whatever that is) society because he paid his debt to society.
Society made that determination. He was tried and convicted within the system.
Neither you nor I know the circumstances.

I'm not condoning anything here, but witch hunts are never productive.
If it bothers you so much, might I suggest that you move.

And don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about.

You have quite the chip on your shoulder, huh? I didn't come on here and insult anyone, and I didn't tell anyone that they don't know what they are talking about. Regardless, everyone has a right to their opinion.

Yes, 'sex offender' is a broad brush term, and perhaps I should have been more specific. Rapists - of anyone of any age- and pedophiles should go to jail for life, be taken out of society. They can work in the jail (I don't know, make furniture or something) and be productive in that way, but not in the world where they can harm another person. When a person rapes/kills, they have given up their rights.

We also need to teach our teenagers exactly what the laws are about consenual sex and their age group- my teenager knows the consequences, does yours?

Finally, I am planning on moving, thanks. But this b@stard moved into a crappy rental property right behind me *after* I bought my house. When you own a house you can't just pick up and move any old time you want, especially in this housing market.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:37 PM

769 posts, read 887,287 times
Quote:

We also need to teach our teenagers exactly what the laws are about consenual sex and their age group- my teenager knows the consequences, does yours?
I grew up in Indiana and legal age of consent is 16, no one believes me. That fixes the problem a good deal though, if you are over 18 you probably shouldn't be having sex with people under 16.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:57 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You and Chiel are both right. Some states are so overcriminalized that a person described by Chiel is called a sex offender and the situation above is also called a sex offender.

The constitution says no cruel and unusual punishment. Don't get the impression that I want them walking the street. Most psychiatrist agree that a pediphile can not be cured. They should either be in prison or in a hospital after they finish their criminal time. A pediphile should never be let out.
There's always the Catholic Church's solution: move them to a different parish.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:58 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Yes. With the consequences in mind, learn to be more careful.
No, if the girl puts herself in the situation of being in an adult bar, then she should accept the adult responsiblity.

Quote:
You use the term "disgusting" as though it's no more than an opinion or some kind of cultural judgement. No society has ever condoned the abuse of children. They put down vicious dogs, don't they?
No society? Ha, your funny. It wasn't that long ago when 12 year old girls were considered marrying age. That was in our country to BTW

Quote:
To label sex offenders as "animals" is an insult to animals everywhere.
So thats your opinion.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:00 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
You have quite the chip on your shoulder, huh? I didn't come on here and insult anyone, and I didn't tell anyone that they don't know what they are talking about. Regardless, everyone has a right to their opinion.
Certainly I have a chip on my shoulder for people who don't have the ability to look at the entire issue; demonize an entire group and call them all child rapists, especially when that's not the topic.

Get a grip.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:43 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,551,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
No, YOU are talking about pedophiles. The thread title merely mentions 'sex offenders' which includes everything from the drunk who pees against a wall to the 19 y/o having sex with his 17 y/o girlfriend to the monster who rapes a child and a lot of stuff in between.
You better warn males visiting from Spain that they can't pee in public while here less they become registered sex offenders!

Old 07-24-2009, 04:57 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
If one messed with my kid,you won't have to worry about housing and paying for THAT one,you'll be housing and paying for ME

Old 07-24-2009, 04:57 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
We need more sticter laws against sex offenders. Also a good idea is for them to have sex with prostitutes.. Like to have a place where all sex offenders can be with the prostitutes in a location. Then I think it will decrease the amount of sex offenders there are.
Wrong.

Most prostitutes are victims and sexual crimes have absolutely nothing to do with a "need" for sex.

I am male, I like sex (wife only) but I feel insulted every time I hear someone put out the idea "we men" attack women because "we need sex". That's absolutely insulting to 95% of the males out there.

As for violent sex predators we lock em up forever. Release everyone in prison for drugs to make room if need be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies