Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:39 AM

841 posts, read 2,260,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Seems the other news sources have Obama making the calls for them. At least Hannity hasn't gone there. Someone has to give the other side. Hannity may be rad but he does bring up things we need to be thinking about.
this is why it's hard to take Americans seriously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 02:15 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Remember that Hannity is a political commentator. He is not a newsman. That's all the further I will defend the Hannity propaganda hour. Unfortunately his legions of fans will take what he says as gospel. They will be sucked right into the television.
So, we aren't supposed to trust anything that comes from a "commentator" regardless of credentials and reliability?
But we should trust and believe sources such as CBS (proven to "make up" stories) and the New York Times and virtually all the so-called "mainstream" "news" sources? They are all filled with ex-Democrat Party operatives (for example: Chris Matthews).

Sources such as "Moveon.org" regularly distort the news, bending and twisting stories and taking peoples (conservatives) comments out of context for the purpose of discrediting and smearing them, and just look what they have done to Sarah Palin? There are none trustworthy.

The vast majority of the so-called "mainstream" media, does not even do any research whatsoever into these bills. It takes people like Sean Hannity (and Glenn Beck) to do it (which they do very well — take for example Becks investigation into ACORN), along with other organizations that have an interest (like all Americans should) in preserving our freedom and our system of government, as the founders gave it to us. These people discover what the "news" shows won't tell you (because they don't know, and don't care — they are parrots of the Democrat Party, and simply say what they are told to say. They get their talking points from the administration, and the liberal blogs. They are told what to think and what to say. Why do you think the administration and the Democrats want to silence conservative talk radio?

How can we forget the "gravitas" word being used by every news source and liberal commentator (or reporter) when discussing candidate Bush? Was their any doubt that they all had the exact same "talking points", reading from the exact same source? They all depend on one source; the AP.

People at the Wall Street Journal read the bill, or at least enough of it to find some startling facts that Obama and the Democrats are not telling you, and obviously do not want you to know.

People at Heritage have read the bill (one of Hannity's sources).

I would rather trust the people that are digging in and doing the research, than to trust anything coming from the usual sources that call themselves "news".

This bill is no good; it will result in our country giving up the best health care system in the world and substituting the inferior systems, that are proven failures, the countries like Canada have. It is a nail in the coffin of freedom. It will result in a shortage of doctors, because people will be unwilling to enter the medical profession, since the government will now be dictating what they will be paid. Not only that, but they will not get paid till the government chooses to pay them. I would certainly not enter into any profession under such conditions.

I choose freedom. And I choose free market solutions. And I don't want government dictating what health care or procedure is appropriate for me, or denying me that care because of my age. That is where we are headed.

Americans had better wake up.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
about Andy Martin? I gave you a link.
No, about Obama.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Congress hasn't read the bill but the WSJ has? That needs a little explaining.
Why does that need explaining? At least someone is willing to look at it and read the damn thing (which is what those who are shoving it down our throats should be doing) and report to the American people. This is what the media is supposed to be doing, as "watchdogs" of liberty. That is why the founders put freedom of speech in the Constitution. It is the right of (and duty of) a free press to report the truth without fear of government retribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Myself, I don't care whether my healthcare comes from an insurance company or the government. If what you say is true, so what? The government doesn't scare me.
It scares the hell out of me. I don't want some government body or bureaucrat telling me what treatment is best for me, or telling me I can't have treatment because of my age.

You will have no say so regarding your health care if this passes. You can kiss good-bye to a "private doctor". Their will be no such thing.

And as the WSJ reported, it will be illegal for insurers to sell private insurance. This is the end of the best health care in the world.

We are becoming a third world country. America as we knew it, is gone.

Somebody has to stop this madness. It is up to "we the people" to do it. Our so-called "representatives" in Washington aren't listening to us anymore. We are no longer represented.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:38 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What a cheap and sensationalist channel FOX is. Tonight, they are showing some tabloid Hannity special on health care entitled " Universal Nightmare". Apparently, Hannity will enlighten his viewers on all the dangers of the new health care plan. Definitely the channel for those who are unable to think for themselves.
And this comes as a revelation to you? Here in New York City, we are saddled not only with Fox, but Rupert Murdoch's other tabloid monster, the New York Post. Of legitimate journalism, he knows and cares nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies