Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 11:59 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times

Advertisements

Anybody remember the crazy lady in red at the townhall meeting with Congressman Mike Castle?

Quote:
A
recent video of a town hall meeting in Delaware with Congressman Mike Castle (R-Del.) became popular lately because of a local woman’s passionate assertion that President Obama is not a natural born U.S. citizen. According to a local publication, the woman is known as “Crazy Eileen” to fans of a Sussex County, Delaware radio station. Citing her believed fraud in Obama’s Hawaiian birth certificate she states that Obama “is not an American citizen, he is a citizen of Kenya.”

“Crazy Eileen?” People should have labeled her “dumb Eileen.” She has stated in the past that Obama is “the antichrist” and has discussed aliens and the Earth’s final days
according to another WGMD radio host, Jared Morris. During a January talk show, “Crazy Eileen” stated on air, “We will have alien contact in October of this year, in the southwestern USA.”
Obama birth certificate conspiracy theorist known as 'crazy Eileen'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 12:17 PM

439 posts, read 443,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I'm curious as to what exactly the long form, if it exists, would prove. It certainly won't satisfy those who believe that natural born citizen requires 2 parents who are both American citizens; President Obama has already admitted that his father was Kenyan and yet all 50 states, the DNC, the RNC allowed his name to be placed on the ballot and there were no objections from congress.
Maybe it would prove nothing. So, why can't we see it?

The bigger issue isn't birth place, but citizenship.

Even if Obama was born in Hawaii, he may be unqualified to serve.

He may hold dual or even multiple citizenship (US, British, Kenya, Indonesia).

Old 07-27-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
Maybe it would prove nothing. So, why can't we see it?

The bigger issue isn't birth place, but citizenship.

Even if Obama was born in Hawaii, he may be unqualified to serve.

He may hold dual or even multiple citizenship (US, British, Kenya, Indonesia).
52% of voters say he is qualified, he is the president get used to that fact.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Anybody remember the crazy lady in red at the townhall meeting with Congressman Mike Castle?

Obama birth certificate conspiracy theorist known as 'crazy Eileen'
You know, when I first saw that picture, I thought it was Sarah Palin!

Old 07-27-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
52% of voters say he is qualified, he is the president get used to that fact.
So it doesn't matter if he lied or committed fraud to get those votes?

Old 07-27-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
So it doesn't matter if he lied or committed fraud to get those votes?
If you are making an accusation the burden of proof is on you.
I am starting to notice a pattern here as you keep repeating the same old talking points over and over, you have truegritt written all over you....

Old 07-27-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
you keep repeating the same old talking points over and over
Maybe it's because liberals use the same lame excuses over and over.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:36 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,301 times
I think I have some (the male) birthers figured out. They think if they post often enough, crazy enough that "crazy Eileen" will notice them and ask them to "hook up" (I think that's the term the kids use).

They seem to have forgotten the old adage, "never go to bed with anyone crazier than you are". Or else they think that Eileen doesn't know that.

golfgod

Old 07-27-2009, 02:41 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
i am joe white, i have asked you multiple times to show some kind of proof that obama's citizenship is in question even if he was born in the u.s.

you have done nothing but repeat that it is.

as meson said, you are the one making the claim, the burden of proof is on you. so show us some evidence, any evidence, that a child born to a 19-year-old american citizen and a non-citizen in 1961 is not automatically an american citizen. if you're correct, this has obviously changed since 1961, as even children born to 2 non-citizens in the u.s. are citizens now. so show us when it changed. i have given you proof of claims i made when you asked for it (usually before you asked for it, actually, but you asked anyway), it would be nice if you could do the same for me.

saying that she wasn't old enough to vote, or just repeating endlessly that it may be the case doesn't count as proof.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:56 PM

The popular understanding that anyone born in the US at any time is automatically a citizen is, I think, in violation of the intent of the Framers of our Constitution, and those who have amended it.

An interesting summary of some of these issues is here: 08/31/01 - Weigh Anchor! Enforce the Citizenship Clause

I don't have time now to summarize them, but some good points are listed on why the child of a foreign citizen (even if born here) is not a US citizen because he is not subject to US jurisdiction.

But as I've said, the greater issue is that of dual or even multiple citizenship and how it might affect qualification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies