U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2009, 11:58 PM
 
Location: here.
1,359 posts, read 2,047,834 times
Reputation: 432

Advertisements

the CBO...you know the same CBO the right loves to quote as of late...says Obama is responsible for 10% of the deficit for this year...10%


The U.S. budget situation has deteriorated significantly since 2001, when the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) forecast average annual surpluses of approximately $850 billion from 2009-2012. The average deficit forecast in each of those years is now approximately $1,215 billion.

Recessions or the business cycle (37%);
Policies enacted by President Bush (33%);
Policies enacted by President Bush and supported or extended by President Obama (20%); and
New policies from President Obama (10%).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a5/CBO_Forecast_Changes_for_2009-2012.png/800px-CBO_Forecast_Changes_for_2009-2012.png (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2009, 12:56 AM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
30,442 posts, read 20,090,801 times
Reputation: 8365
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
the CBO...you know the same CBO the right loves to quote as of late...says Obama is responsible for 10% of the deficit for this year...10%


The U.S. budget situation has deteriorated significantly since 2001, when the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) forecast average annual surpluses of approximately $850 billion from 2009-2012. The average deficit forecast in each of those years is now approximately $1,215 billion.

Recessions or the business cycle (37%);
Policies enacted by President Bush (33%);
Policies enacted by President Bush and supported or extended by President Obama (20%); and
New policies from President Obama (10%).

Got a link to the CBO data?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 01:04 AM
 
Location: here.
1,359 posts, read 2,047,834 times
Reputation: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Got a link to the CBO data?
CBO website has all the pdfs
here is one of them
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/100xx/doc...20-Harvard.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 07:44 AM
 
10,543 posts, read 12,008,091 times
Reputation: 2798
That just says that Bush ran a huge deficit, which he did, and that Obama took that and added to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 08:41 AM
 
4,586 posts, read 4,881,622 times
Reputation: 939
A thread will surely be ignored by the wingnuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 10:02 AM
 
Location: here.
1,359 posts, read 2,047,834 times
Reputation: 432
I can hear a pin drop in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 10:04 AM
 
2,088 posts, read 2,249,045 times
Reputation: 1264
Real Republicans hate Bush. That is why he had a 25% approval rating when he left office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 12:10 PM
obo
 
926 posts, read 864,736 times
Reputation: 204
Do you think this new data has anything to do with why the leader of the CBO was called into the Oval Office the other day? Hmmmm. I smell a coverup for Obama since the CBO said what it said about the Healthcare policy. This administration is corrupt as all hell and will stop at nothing to keep us all ill-informed. Just wait until the investigation into all of ACORN's illegal activities uncovers the fact that 0bama was part of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,816,280 times
Reputation: 11318
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Do you think this new data has anything to do with why the leader of the CBO was called into the Oval Office the other day? Hmmmm. I smell a coverup for Obama since the CBO said what it said about the Healthcare policy. This administration is corrupt as all hell and will stop at nothing to keep us all ill-informed. Just wait until the investigation into all of ACORN's illegal activities uncovers the fact that 0bama was part of it.
Proof? Something, anything other than your opinion?
Probably not.

The budget numbers for 3Q09 just came out.
Do you know more than the CBO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 PM
 
769 posts, read 784,986 times
Reputation: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Real Republicans hate Bush. That is why he had a 25% approval rating when he left office.

THANK YOU!! I don't see what this is pointing out, yes the government spends too much, that is why we are complaining about Obama. I was complaining about it when Bush was in office too. Obama said he was going to usher in fiscal responsibility, which we did not have under Bush, and this is not fiscal responsibility!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top