Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 10:18 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times

Advertisements

Let just say we can agree that costs are high and results in the medical industry could be better.
Now with that being said who is blame and or how did this happen.
If we have national health care what is to say the high costs are going to go down? Do we have any proof? Also assuming if government was to regulate what the cost of every medical professional and surgery etc is how would they determine that. Do we trust government with that choice and power? I don't see them regulating prices on anything else in our country. They don't tell me what the cost of my cell phone plan is. So why would we let them do this here. You have to assume that government is good and will do the right thing. But I'm sorry folks we have enough history with this government that they wont do the right thing.
Just look at the 8 year Bush term and I want you to think about that those of you who now support Obama and democrat. You could be giving government the power to work deals with drug companies and evil neocons in the future. Power in the hands of government over things they never should control or even regulate is a disaster waiting to happen. Don'ty get my wrong the government can do somethings to make prices go down and solve some of the issues. But this government can't figure out who they are bailing out this week and if they can regulate the housing prices next week. They can't figure out if they are saving the planet or going to waste money on old cars. They are trillions in debt and some how we want them to work on the healthcare industry. Assuming we even agree with that who is going to run it, who will the congress call in to talk about it. Well my guess it will be the same experts that set up the current system :-) Do people try so hard to believe in the idea of covering every American and "fix" healthcare they will turn it over to anyone with a smile. Before you turn over your health to the government write down a list what it is they do that is right and then figure out the complex and corruption nature in washington and see if this makes sense.
By the way the goal of Obama and many in CD is to promise coverage we wont discuss the cost, they wont discuss the reality and they most importantly won't discuss really what will happen to your current insurance company. Sure you will have the option but we havent discussed what the employer will do when they find out they can dumb their employees medical benefits and stick you on the government national healtcare plan. You as the individual are not protected and government is protecting its new interests on dependancy. Our government has many options to improve the costs but that would require them to give up power, corportations and lobbists wouldnt visit them in washington and they wouldnt have anything more reasons for you to need them.
So you think about that while we talk about coverage, the reality and just who it is the government works for. Some where along the line you still think they work for the people. If that is so let me by my meds from other countries, direct from drug companies and let the free market move in over the insurance companies. Let us by insurance across state lines and let lawsuits cap out to protect doctors from the false and high costs of saving lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies