Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 11:25 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Agree. DeLay was THE epitome of evil (not to mention Rove's band of terrorists running amok during each election).
A moderator going off topic. How interesting.

This thread is about the partisianship of Nancy Pelosi. If you cannot see that you are a blind, partisian yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 11:29 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,493,997 times
The true irony is the infighting within the Democratic Party right now over this bill. Pelosi doesn't have the rabid support the extreme left thinks she has. Moderates want it done right if it's going to be done at all.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
The true irony is the infighting within the Democratic Party right now over this bill. Pelosi doesn't have the rabid support the extreme left thinks she has. Moderates want it done right if it's going to be done at all.
Yes, Shocker only the far looney wing of the party is trying to shove it down America's throat. The moderates want analyzation and accuracy.

This thread pointed out who the true looney left wingers are.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:32 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
A moderator going off topic. How interesting.

This thread is about the partisianship of Nancy Pelosi. If you cannot see that you are a blind, partisian yourself.

The country would be better served if both Pelosi and Delay were dropped into an active volcano.

The left justifiably (for the most part) called out the right for jamming things like the Patriot Act thru Congress by labelling any attempt at discussion to be treason. Now that Pelosi and Obama are doing the same thing (they call dissenters racists and greedy instead of traitors) it's time for Americans to call them on it.

We need to make some big changes to our health care system but its it really something that we want to rush?

Old 07-24-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
The country would be better served if both Pelosi and Delay were dropped into an active volcano.

The left justifiably (for the most part) called out the right for jamming things like the Patriot Act thru Congress by labelling any attempt at discussion to be treason. Now that Pelosi and Obama are doing the same thing (they call dissenters racists and greedy instead of traitors) it's time for Americans to call them on it.

We need to make some big changes to our health care system but its it really something that we want to rush?
I do not disagree that Tom Delay is an ahole. But this is about nancy Pelosi. The your guy is worse then mine argument is childish and useless.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:42 AM

763 posts, read 1,298,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Really? Saying "we will win" is horrible partisanship?
As always with the wicked witch of the west, it is about her party winning and not the American people winning

Old 07-24-2009, 11:42 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,493,997 times
There're a whole line of Politicians on both side of the fence I'd like to drop into an active Volcano. Just Pelosi and Waxman would be at the front of the line today.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:48 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Pelosi as "the epitome" of partisanship? Don't make me laugh.

The epitome is Tom DeLay and his "permanent Republican majority" which only lasted six years, less than half the time Hitler's "thousand year reich" lasted. Then there's DeLay's "K Street Project" where all lobbyists had to go through DeLay's GOP lawyer pals uptown, where the game was to bring lots of money for bribes and in return you'd get whatever tax loophole or federal spending you wanted. Oh yeah, tell me about "epitome" this and that.

DeLay is the epitome of partisanship and of grinding the other guy's face into the floor. I hope DeLay, et al, enjoys exile to the dustbin of history. I hope the GOP enjoys an eternity of burning in the hell preached by their evango-fascist wingnut morons.
Hey, keep criticizing the past if it helps you from looking at the present I guess. Anything to keep you from having to actually look at what the idiots in power are doing now.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:55 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Gee, listen to the whining. After 20 years of insane GOP partisanship, now that Pelosi has a major role suddenly the GOP rightwing is crying a river about partisanship.

I guess that shoe is pinching more than a little bit, crying uncle.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Gee, listen to the whining. After 20 years of insane GOP partisanship, now that Pelosi has a major role suddenly the GOP rightwing is crying a river about partisanship.

I guess that shoe is pinching more than a little bit, crying uncle.
LOL The "GOP rightwing". You do not even know who or what your are critisizing. How did you become a mod?

Im beginning to believe I am too educated and aware for CD political forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies