Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 10:38 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
One more innacuracy from the mainstream media, I guess:

But Obama said he had a cordial conversation with Crowley, who had complained about the president's criticism. Obama said he jokingly invited Crowley and Gates to the White House for a beer. Gates, who does not drink beer, said he would show up anyway.

Obama invites Crowley, Gates to 'have a beer' at the White House - Cambridge, Massachusetts - Cambridge Chronicle & Cambridge TAB

Crowley was drinking a Blue Moon beer when Obama invited Crowley and Gates, Jr. over to the White House for a beer and some conversation. State Sen. Anthony Galluccio first brought up the idea of Crowley and Gates getting together earlier this week.

Obama Regrets Comment: Invites Gates and Crowley for Beer | NowPublic News Coverage

If it was Crowley's idea, I did not see that in any of the reports I read. I guess it must be the GOP-controlled media spinning things again.

Quote:
Crowley was drinking a Blue Moon beer when Obama invited

It was Crowleys idea to have a beer...so Obama said he invited to a beer..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 10:41 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Quote:
Seriously, think about the hypocrisy.

SurnameDB: O'crowley surname meaning

I guess all Boston, Irish cops are nothing more than beer drinking thugs. Talk about profiling. Why not invite him over for glass of wine? A martini? What would the media say if he publically invited Snoop Dog over for a couple of 40's?

I've said it before, and I will say it again: it is amateur hour at the White House.
I caught that, too. What I found to be really over the top was when he said to the cop, "come on over in your Paddy Wagon, O'Crowley, and I'll get my dawg Gates to join us for a beer." He could have been more culturally sensitive and offered a pint of ale.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:45 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
News Flash.....We black folk like beer too.

I understand that, as I have a black neighbor and lots of Hispanic neighbors. We drink beer together all the time. Our neighbor buddy at the end of the road built a 600 ft^2 RV garage that has turned into the coolest man-cave this side of the Mississippi. There is no racial problems that I am aware of in northern New Mexico - we all get along just fine.

It might be because the area we live is a semi-rural, gated area full of primarily professionals, or maybe because we all just view each other as humans first and skip the other BS all together. Either way, I have never had a sense of any racial tension here.

ps, Gates stated he does not like beer.

pss, if you make it this way, stop by for a beer.

Peace.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:47 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Default Sounds like somebody's looking to be offended...

Isn't "I'll buy you a beer" a pretty universal code for " I'll be the one to reach out, let's have a conversation and straighten this misunderstanding out, man to man"?

Quote:
Why not invite him over for glass of wine? A martini?
Elitist. Next thing you know, he'll put out arugula as snacks.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:49 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,156 times
Another thread that answers the question, Why has the GOP been getting their ass handed to them during the last 2 elections?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:51 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Seriously, think about the hypocrisy.

SurnameDB: O'crowley surname meaning

I guess all Boston, Irish cops are nothing more than beer drinking thugs. Talk about profiling. Why not invite him over for glass of wine? A martini? What would the media say if he publically invited Snoop Dog over for a couple of 40's?

I've said it before, and I will say it again: it is amateur hour at the White House.
Wow, are you really that overly sensitive?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:52 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
I didn't think he said what he should have and said way more than he should have but translated the 'have a beer' as a recognized way to suggest a friendly meeting.
I don't like him as president but sheesh, every single thing he does doesn't need to be crticized.
Good thing we can't follow him into the bathroom....probably somebody would put some nefarious interpretation on how he pulls down his pants or comment on the color or size of his s**t...........

Old 07-25-2009, 10:53 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
News Flash.....We black folk like beer too.
OMG say it's not so! After all, I mean if we have things in common, how can we discriminate against each other anymore?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:53 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Obama knows what he needs to do;thyey poice sadfi it pali and simple in there press meetting. But I reallt doubt even that will build back trust.Ltes see his administrtion puts out memo that veterans need to be watch because they are likely terroist. Then he say he doesn't kn9w anyhting about the incident but thew police made asted stupidly. Then he has admited tot eh press that he has a bias aginst the police.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:55 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
Crowley suggested to the president the beer....but nice try.

That's the way I heard it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies