Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 09:40 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Wow, everyone can respect a LAWYER. Especially one that can't spell "constitutional". CONGRATULATIONS, you have just qualified to be the next Obama Supreme Court pick.
My concern is that this person is in charge of any portion of a child's education.

Questioning scientific findings - especially those that are highly suspicious due to their political significance - is what keeps the science in check, and forces scientists to perform some due diligence, at least at some level.

Blind faith based purely on a political position kills actual science.

WRT "global warming" or "climate change" or whatever the term of the day is, I have three words:

Follow the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 09:43 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzjazz View Post
strawman argument i aint an associtae professor
Oh, just an "idealistic" namecaller with an opinion about global warming? OK then.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:45 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
My concern is that this person is in charge of any portion of a child's education.
Correct. We have far too many "teaching" an agenda. This can be as dangerous as "practicing" law.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:46 PM

66 posts, read 103,215 times
Quote:

WRT "global warming" or "climate change" or whatever the term of the day is, I have three words:

Follow the money.
Big Oil Follow the money

we are actually on the same side, dont let reptilian race divide and conquer

Make them all accountable

Old 07-26-2009, 09:46 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Quote:
oh you are talking closed environment?? you get me a paper that says water level doesnt rise or fall??

Of course water level rises and falls...it called tidal action.

Google it, you'll find all the paper you need.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:48 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:

Questioning scientific findings - especially those that are highly suspicious due to their political significance - is what keeps the science in check, and forces scientists to perform some due diligence, at least at some level.

Blind faith based purely on a political position kills actual science.

Follow the money.
You really should take your own advice on this issue. The oil industry has funded massive amounts of propaganda science to keep the public doubting in the name of their bottom line.

No doubt there are groups trying to exploit climate change, but there are also those trying to deny it so they can continue to exploit the earth. Just follow the money.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Of course water level rises and falls...it called tidal action.

Google it, you'll find all the paper you need.
you dont know do you?? you think the water level stays the same?

Old 07-26-2009, 10:03 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Quote:
you dont know do you?? you think the water level stays the same?

I know there is a fixed amount of water on planet earth, or in it's atmosphere as vapor. Tides, wind setup, temperature, barometric pressure all contribute to fluctuations in level, measured at certain points in the ocean(global) environment. In enclosed lakes, ponds, rivers, streams there are seasonal level fluctuations that may, or may not cause localized flooding, some of which could be catastrophic, but certainly not something that would devour entire coastlines as predicted by algore.

Now lets hear your theory of water level rise, on the ocean coastline, in the closed environment of earth's atmosphere. We're all gonna drown when the ice caps melt?........Doubtful

Old 07-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
I know there is a fixed amount of water on planet earth, or in it's atmosphere as vapor. Tides, wind setup, temperature, barometric pressure all contribute to fluctuations in level, measured at certain points in the ocean(global) environment. In enclosed lakes, ponds, rivers, streams there are seasonal level fluctuations that may, or may not cause localized flooding, some of which could be catastrophic, but certainly not something that would devour entire coastlines as predicted by algore.

Now lets hear your theory of water level rise, on the ocean coastline, in the closed environment of earth's atmosphere. We're all gonna drown when the ice caps melt?........Doubtful
i thought u said closed environment, now you whining about the atmosphere? thats NO closed environment !!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:10 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I'm an associate professor in computer science and hold a Ph. D. specializing in natural language processing.

But you know nothing of climate change. The rest of your credentials are impeccable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies