Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:13 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Who said I followed your posts? I was responding to another poster.
responding to another poster regarding my post, correct.

Quote:
What was the question? Oh, whether I was talking about you or not? Well, let's see.....since I was responding to another poster in general terms, regardless if it was you he was talking about or not, I'd have to say I wasn't even acknowledging your presence.
wiggle, squirm and spin - it's what you do best.

Quote:
There are plenty of fools on this forum, but hey if you want to lump yourself in w/them, be my guest.
are you sure there's room in your boat?

Quote:
I know, that was a good one. Thanks!
you really thought the cutting off wee-wees bit was that brilliant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 12:20 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
responding to another poster regarding my post, correct.

wiggle, squirm and spin - it's what you do best.

are you sure there's room in your boat?

you really thought the cutting off wee-wees bit was that brilliant?
Wow, a whole lot of nothing being said again, fascinating! Ok, enough of this off topic business. Enjoy your day!

Old 07-28-2009, 01:24 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times
So what happens if they're hangin' out in the back yard of the White House suckin' down suds....and they get locked out?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:26 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Obama meets Crowley/Gates for a beer

Sounds like the start of a joke...2 black guys and a white guy walk into a bar...you finish the rest..

Old 07-28-2009, 01:54 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Did Obama say he'd be serving 'Old English 800' or 'The Bull-Schlitz Mallt Liquor'.
It would have been most appropriate if Obama had ordered "Billy Beer."
(Remember that?)

Old 07-28-2009, 01:58 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marfa View Post
I'm sure there are blind followers of Obama, just as there have been with every president. But to lump everyone who approves of him into a category of ignorance isn't fair. We aren't "blind," and we are not "sheep." Many of us don't share your disapproval of him simply because we don't share your worldview, or your vision of a better future. If we all wanted the same thing, we would have only one political party, with one platform. But, that's the wonderful thing about a democracy. We all have the right to our views, and to pursue our own ideal of a better world. Your sweeping, derogatory remarks concerning all who do not share your views are uncalled for.
Hmm, that's interesting. So what current policies of the administration do you feel will have a positive outcome?

Old 07-28-2009, 04:14 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marfa View Post
No disrespect to the recently departed, but if one more celebrity dies, we're doomed.
Yes, and how will Nancy Grace keep her show on the air? Actually, I used to like her because she fights for the rights of abused women & children. But after she had the Natalie Holloway story on night after night for months (or years) I lost interest. Now she's making money off of the death of Michael Jackson whon she ripped apart when he was alive.

I don't know if I can ever trust the news again. I keep saying it, but then I fail to live up to my promise. This time there were so many inconsistencies, especially about the caller who was only trying to do a good deed. People were so quick to vilify a woman who said in the 911 call that she probably wouldn't have even noticed the 2 men had a neighbor not stopped her as she walked to lunch. Look at what the press did to Richard Jewell in Atlanta and John & Patricia Ramsey.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:56 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Wow, a whole lot of nothing being said again, fascinating! Ok, enough of this off topic business. Enjoy your day!
well all righty then. you too!

Old 07-28-2009, 05:01 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
It is so refreshing to have a president who is an intellectual. The whole idea of meeting both Crowley and Gates for a beer is incredible. Obama makes you feel like he is a normal person, basically just one of us and we have made so much progress already. Compared to the Bush days, it seems like we have officially come out of the Dark Ages of that administration. It is great having a president who is smarter than me
Oh big deal. My brothers will have a beer with their black buddies, and occasionally they have to kiss a cop's a$$, too, when they do so.

Low standard you've held him too.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:14 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
It is so refreshing to have a president who is an intellectual. The whole idea of meeting both Crowley and Gates for a beer is incredible. Obama makes you feel like he is a normal person, basically just one of us and we have made so much progress already. Compared to the Bush days, it seems like we have officially come out of the Dark Ages of that administration. It is great having a president who is smarter than me
I assure you, ALL the presidents have been smarter than you. And if your qualification for intellectualism is imbibing, you would have voted for Billy Carter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies