Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Gay Couples Adopt Children ??
Yes. 87 62.14%
No. 44 31.43%
Not sure / No opinion. 9 6.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:01 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,375,759 times

Advertisements

If they are good parents. Absolutely!

Every child deserves a happy childhood. I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 11:02 PM

134 posts, read 230,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Every child needs a Mom and a Dad for various important reasons.

My opinion and I am sticking to it.

We happen to have a "gay couple" kid ( One of the gays had this one while being married before finding out they were gay ) in my younger childs class and the kid is totally confused about life and asks the other kids what is it like to have a daddy?

The child actually emotionally is a mess and is being forced to believe that it is ok to have two moms.

It is easy to see the kid is a total emotional mess caused by two people who have themselves first and the child second.

If I were a judge I would take the child away from this couple and see if the Dad has a better family and home life for it before they are scarred for life with this crap.
Hmmm. You ASUME his an emotional mess. He's probably better off emotionally than most kids. Many kids don't dads for reasons...Are they curious..yes. If the parents are truthful and open, the kid won't be left out in the dark wondering stuff...lol. Stop it!

Old 07-26-2009, 11:07 PM

134 posts, read 230,856 times
Kids need love, support, encourgagement. They need to feel protected. And Gay parents can provide that as far as I know. I know kids that grew up with Mom and Dad and are really screwed up. My friend Natalie grew up with 2 lesbian moms, and she it the coolest person. She is so loving and caring. So open-minded and non-judgmental. I asked her if she wish she had her dad..she said "I rather have NO dad, than an alcoholic, abusive one". She's so strong. So I'm like, OK...these Lesbians did a pretty good job!

Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,574,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Actually, the opposite view is sick. Nice try at re-inventing families, though.
Just more anti-gay crap. Jump into the 21th century someday.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:13 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,738,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Absolutely not. Haven't gays chose a life where they could not even have a child to begin with?
Gays do not 'choose' to be gay. One either is gay or they are not. The only 'choice' involved is whether to openly live as a gay person or spend one's life in denial.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:21 AM

5 posts, read 6,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Absolutely not. Haven't gays chose a life where they could not even have a child to begin with?
Wow. Some people are hopeless.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:00 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,295,801 times
There are a hell of a lot more children out there, then there are adults wanting to adopt them. I believe that a child would be in a better situation if they were in a loving homosexual home, rather then living in foster homes and/or their abusive family homes.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:02 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,826,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
There are a hell of a lot more children out there, then there are adults wanting to adopt them. I believe that a child would be in a better situation if they were in a loving homosexual home, rather then living in foster homes and/or their abusive family homes.
yup.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:39 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,375,759 times
Many people would rather have a child live in different foster homes then with homosexual parents. It is a religious thing.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:24 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,626,068 times
you dont know why it is that this child is supposedly unstable. it can be many other issues. like other kids pickin on him for having two mommys. whos got the issue then? the kids taught to be bigots ro the young boy?

but either way there is a lot of research that goes against what you said. and the field of gay parenting is expanding. there is a new crop, a new generation of kids from gay families and they are as american pie as the next family.

your idea of these confused vagabond children of gays is a myth. its a stereotype and it is ignorant. get with the APA on this one. you will see that you are really WRONG.

let kids go to loving homes. thats what matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Every child needs a Mom and a Dad for various important reasons.

My opinion and I am sticking to it.

We happen to have a "gay couple" kid ( One of the gays had this one while being married before finding out they were gay ) in my younger childs class and the kid is totally confused about life and asks the other kids what is it like to have a daddy?

The child actually emotionally is a mess and is being forced to believe that it is ok to have two moms.

It is easy to see the kid is a total emotional mess caused by two people who have themselves first and the child second.

If I were a judge I would take the child away from this couple and see if the Dad has a better family and home life for it before they are scarred for life with this crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies