Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 04:15 PM

657 posts, read 1,630,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Ok, here it is:

American Definition | Definition of American at Dictionary.com

Sure enough, I am American. No, I am not European American, I did not come from Europe. My ancestors were European American, I am not. I was not born there. I was born here, thus I am American. I feel no bizarre need to hang on to what is in the past, what identified my forefathers does not identify me. Their culture matters not to me.

I'll say it again, those who are hanging on to the past are only serving to perpetuate the very racism they claim to be so against.

Also, my ancestors didn't steal this land from anyone, for they came here shortly after 1900.
Thankyou for providing the definition of American from dictionary.com, but why don't we try a more accurate source. Now let's go to Blacks Law Dictionary (once again the most widely used and respected source in the law/legal community). Also let's check that definition in Webster of the term American...and by the way, both are European literature :

American - an American Indian of North America or South America. a native or inhabitant of North America or South America. a citizen of the United States. American English (as in the language we now speak) (Webster)

Wait a minute...what does native mean?

Native - A person who is a citizen of a particular place, region, or nation by virtue of having been born there. A person whose national origin derives from having been born within a particular place. Loosely, a person or thing belonging to a group indigenous to a particular place. The term Native American is sometimes shortened to native. (Blacks Law)

So what does origin and indigenous mean?

Origin - ancestry, parentage. rise, beginning, or derivation from a source. the point at which something begins or rises or from which it derives <the origin of the custom> ; also : something that creates, causes, or gives rise to another <a spring is the origin of the brook>. the more fixed, central, or larger attachment of a muscle. the intersection of coordinate axes. (Webster)

Indigenous - having originated in and being produced, growing, living, or occurring naturally in a particular region or environment <indigenous plants> <the indigenous culture>. innate, inborn. (Webster)

OH MY!!!:sm ack:

So as we CLEARLY see by NATURAL definition (and law), YOU ARE NOT AN AMERICAN. Why? Because you're NOT an American Indian, you're NOT from North/South America (by ancestry), you're NOT native by origin to this land, and you're NOT indigenous (or did not occur naturally) to this land.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:18 PM

41 posts, read 133,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centre View Post
Yes, we are all different and that is what makes this country great.

I simply think that some blacks want to stand out (wearing their pants down to their kneecaps). I work with a black lady that hates white people, prefers to be called african-american but (HONESTLY) did not know where Africa was on the world map.....A (white) co-worker had to show it to her.
Are you kidding me?? Sagging pants is a BLACK thing???? Wow!!! SMDH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I know your intentions are noble...but my wife's an Indian, and finds "native American" unbearably stuffy, clumsy, silly, awkward, and impossible to say with a straight face. In her estimation, she's an Indian, and the only time we hear "native American" in the family is when my kids are teasing her..or each other.

She DID have a close friend years ago, who was born in India, and they got a lot of fun joking about this.

So much for PC...a little is fine, too much just gets silly. As my wife once pointed out, "anyone born in the US is a native American". PC is just clumsy, and the only proper 'venue' for the term 'native American' may possibly be in public speaking...or government publications. I private conversation, it just sounds silly.

(PS...can you HONESTLY picture a group of aboriginal Canadians, in their own lives, calling each other "First Nations"?...I can't)
Although your wife may not like the term Native American, she still is not Indian!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Yes there are just Americans. I could call myself European-American, but what's the point? My ancestors came here a couple of generations ago. I don't feel any ties to their countries of orgins. It's in the past, and I am full blooded AMERICAN. That is all. All this foolish hyphenated crap is part of the reason racism persists - it seperates and emphasizes differences.
Hmmmm....someone using their hyphenated term for race is the reason people hate and discriminate against someone SOLELY based on the color of their skin???? Don't think so!!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
So my ancestors..all of them...came from the Caucasus Mountains? Every one of them? Are you sure? That's news to me. I never even MET my ancestors.

At any rate, according to you, my forefathers "stole" this continent from its original inhabitants...right? (Those original inhabitants being my WIFE's forefathers, the Indians)..Got it.

So my forefathers captured humans and enslaved them...'stole' a continent...and also invented penicillin, the electric light bulb, and the gas-powered leaf blower. And this is all on ME, I guess, because my forefathers did all this...and they MUST have been my forefathers, because they were all from the Caucasus area...got it.

OTHER people's forefathers invented gunpowder and female genital mutilation. Some forefathers invented paper and domesticated the chicken...while OTHER forefathers hurled unwilling young virgins into the mouths of volcanoes, and a few even ate their "neighbors" for dinner. Others invented astronomy, or worshipped goats, or believed that human reproduction was a function of a phase of the moon, and that syphilis was caused by an evil spirit. Some sold their ten-year old daughters to older men. And the guilt for all THAT stuff lies on people living TODAY, too...because, after all, that's what their forefathers did...right?

So because I'm a Caucasian, my forefathers came from the Caucasus area at the junction of Europe, Asia, and the middle east....right?

You're right...it ISN'T rocket science. Got it......
LOL...your wife's forefathers are not yours, it doesn't work like that (dual ancestry would reflect in your offspring).

Hey, I never said you're an evil person, but if you're so called White you're European and your ancestors did horrible things.

But what you do to acknowledge and correct it is how Allah (God) judges you.

Last edited by justfarr1030; 07-31-2009 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-31-2009, 04:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,530,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfarr1030 View Post
LOL...your wife's forefathers are not yours, it doesn't work like that (dual ancestry would reflect in your offspring).

Hey, I never said you're an evil person, but if you're so called White you're European and your ancestors did horrible thing.

OK..I'll free my slaves, and I promise to 'help out' the Indians around my house. Meanwhile, I hope YOU'LL try to make it up to the Spanish....those people whom YOUR Moorish Islamic forefathers held in bondage for 400 years or so. And it might be nice if you'd start treating your 'women' as equals...those Moorish forefathers of yours didn't have a very high opinion of women's rights, I'm told.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
OK..I'll free my slaves, and I promise to 'help out' the Indians around my house. Meanwhile, I hope YOU'LL try to make it up to the Spanish....those people whom YOUR Moorish Islamic forefathers held in bondage for 400 years or so. And it might be nice if you'd start treating your 'women' as equals...those Moorish forefathers of yours didn't have a very high opinion of women's rights, I'm told.
LOL...

How is a European that doesn't even know his own history (by denying his heritage) going to tell me about my history? COMICAL.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:23 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,619,785 times
Quote:

Hey, I never said you're an evil person, but if you're so called White you're European and your ancestors did horrible things.

While we're speaking of "horrible things" that ancestors have done, let's not fail to mention the atrocities that your contemporaries in the Muslim world and your "Moorish" (LOL) contemporaries are committing in Africa.

By using your own line of reasoning, you yourself are responsible for everything that is committed by blacks or Muslims.

You conveniently speak of atrocities committed only by the other side. Now, why would that be???

Old 07-31-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
While we're speaking of "horrible things" that ancestors have done, let's not fail to mention the atrocities that your contemporaries in the Muslim world and your "Moorish" (LOL) contemporaries are committing in Africa.

By using your own line of reasoning, you yourself are responsible for everything that is committed by blacks or Muslims.

You conveniently speak of atrocities committed only by the other side. Now, why would that be???
LOL...

Good try European, but those you speak of are not my contemporaries. You would know this but your lack of understanding of history over pours throughout your post. The problem is when we think of Islam we think of Arabs, and when we think of Arabs we think of pale (Indo-European aka so called "White") Arabs also known as Al-Arabs or Al-Musta 'riba Arabs. These are foreigners who migrated into Arabia in 13th century B.C., learned the language, religion (Islam), and became Arabized. The indigenous people of Arabia were the kin of the indigenous people of India which were the Dravidian people who were so called "Black" people and even though the Europeans migrating there modified the population, this was only in some and many of them still maintain they're physical traits today and they are the Mahra Arabs (Southern Arabia). So you must understand the difference between Al-Ariba Arab (so called Afro-Arabs aka The Indigenous Arabs) and the Al-Musta 'riba Arabs (so called Euro-Arabs aka pale Arabs aka so called White Arabs) who migrated there (Research Dana Reynolds, anthropologist who proves this).

What you're talking about is the pale arabs who come in and commit all these atrocities in Africa (to this day). Learn your history, Europeans have not been on the planet long enough to originate anything. The Original Arab, Hebrews (Jews), and any of the indigenous people of ANY continent was the Asiatic "Black" man, the Moors, the father of civilization and orginal man of the planet earth.

You call yourself trying to disrespect me and now you just embarrassed yourself by showing your lack of understanding of history.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:39 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,619,785 times
Quote:
LOL...

What you're talking about is the pale arabs who come in and commit all these atrocities in Africa (to this day). Learn your history, Europeans have not been on the planet long enough to originate anything. The Original Arab, Hebrews (Jews), and any of the indigenous people of ANY continent was the Asiatic "Black" man, the Moors, the father of civilization and orginal man of the planet earth.

You call yourself trying to disrespect me and now you just embarrassed yourself by showing your lack of understanding of history.
LOL----I'll make it simpler for you. Your contemporaries are Muslims (I don't care what COLOR they are, silly) and blacks (I don't care what country they live in).

Your line of reasoning associates guilt with past times and locations and heaps credit with the same bogus line of reasoning.

As far as "Europeans" having not "been around long enough", Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals pre-date Homo-Sapiens. Learn your history, ramus.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:06 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,530,208 times
Quote:
LOL...

Good try European, but those you speak of are not my contemporaries. You would know this but your lack of understanding of history over pours throughout your post. The problem is when we think of Islam we think of Arabs, and when we think of Arabs we think of pale (Indo-European aka so called "White") Arabs also known as Al-Arabs or Al-Musta 'riba Arabs. These are foreigners who migrated into Arabia in 13th century B.C., learned the language, religion (Islam), and became Arabized. The indigenous people of Arabia were the kin of the indigenous people of India which were the Dravidian people who were so called "Black" people and even though the Europeans migrating there modified the population, this was only in some and many of them still maintain they're physical traits today and they are the Mahra Arabs (Southern Arabia). So you must understand the difference between Al-Ariba Arab (so called Afro-Arabs aka The Indigenous Arabs) and the Al-Musta 'riba Arabs (so called Euro-Arabs aka pale Arabs aka so called White Arabs) who migrated there (Research Dana Reynolds, anthropologist who proves this).

I beg your pardon. My neighbors and I have a 'get-togther' each week, and we OFTEN discuss this exact subject. Sometimes we'll go on for hours arguing about Pale Arabs moving in on Black Muslims, and one of our most cherished subjects is how the Asiatic "Black" man, the Moors, encountered the indigenous people of Arabia, and how he's the father of civilization. Sometimes it seems like that's all we TALK about..so don't tell ME I 'don't know history'!!

I expect an apology....that would be the "kosher" thing to do, in my opinion. I may not have been on the planet long, but I know a few things!.....

"Original Man of Planet Earth", indeed !.......I think next week, we'll talk about stem-cell research....or fly fishing.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:41 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,814,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Why do you find it necessary to hyphenate anyway?

I know the origins of my ancestors - but, while I have had discussions about my ancestors with family and friends, there is absolutely no need, no desire, no purpose to "hyphenate".

I am an American. I was born in the United States. My loyalties are too the United States of America - not to the area where my ancestors came from.
are u white? if u call urself white u are hyphenating point blank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies