Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Overall, where are you on the political spectrum?
Center 11 12.50%
Right of Center 31 35.23%
Left of Center 25 28.41%
Far Right 12 13.64%
Far Left 9 10.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 04:06 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,994,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I think we are in a huge minority here, hehe.

I'm far right also . Most of the nation was at one time before the late 50s .

Only thing I didn't like was the racism, all the rest was alot better than what we have today, especially our children.
You're only in the "minority" here on C-D because you actually admit that you are far right. For that, I applaud you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 04:33 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
If you don't care, why did you bother posting here?

If anything, this poll shows that certain posters that are actually "far right" claim to be "right of center." Just look at the results.
I do care about the state of things. I just believe too much time is wasted, at all levels, talking in terms of political parties. Poll after poll seem to indicate that a clear majority of the population is moderate. Of course there is a continuum from each extreme to the other but most seem to hover around the middle. Therefore, my logic suggests that partisan discussions are only addressing a minority. As far as your logic..."If anything, this poll shows that certain posters that are actually "far right" claim to be "right of center." Just look at the results" I don't get it. I would assume that those who believe they are far right or far left would state just that. They are around 25%, a clear minority, of this small poll.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
You're only in the "minority" here on C-D because you actually admit that you are far right. For that, I applaud you.
See "P". He /she admits it. The others are either lying (your assumption?) or they really feel they are not so extreme (my assumption).

Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,994,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
See "P". He /she admits it. The others are either lying (your assumption?) or they really feel they are not so extreme (my assumption).
No, I don't think they are lying. Confused, yes.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:17 PM

838 posts, read 922,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
OMIGOD, I can't fall on the political spectrum because I'm in my late 50s and may be too old for treatment under Obamacare. He'll just give me a blue pill for pain and you know, end of life counseling.
!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 05:55 PM

201 posts, read 239,946 times
Oops, meant to click Far Right but i clicked Far Left. I am a Nationalist.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:52 PM

8,040 posts, read 12,252,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Slightly right of center
That's about where I fall ... but ironically, I have some viewpoints on taxation and government spending which have been labeled as "far right". However, many of my stances on personal/social issues are considered somewhat liberal, or "laissez faire", as I prefer to say.

Overall, I'm a proud Libertarian that wants government the hell out of our personal lives on practically everything. What the private sector can successfully achieve should be run by the private sector ... not by a government bureaucracy. About the only places where government is needed would be the military, the courts, and law enforcement.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Far left, like our Founding Fathers.
Them theres fightin' words!

Old 07-30-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I don't really think of myself as a person of the left or the right: both those designations are ideologically bankrupt. "Libertarian" doesn't quite fit; and I'm not a "moderate", I have strong opinions on almost every subject. Maybe "rational anarchist" or "pragmatic anarchist" would be closest to what I am.
Very interesting descriptions...

Old 07-30-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
As usual, right vs left is oversimplified. I'm far left on social issues, and slightly left of center on fiscal issues.
Amen. Aren't we better than this people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies