Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 01:57 PM

425 posts, read 653,317 times

Advertisements

Let's be frank. Fat people are lazy. They stink. They impose the deleterious effect of their lifestyle choices onto other people.

Let them live their lives the way they want, as free individuals, but also let them pay for the imposition they create on the rest of us in the form of higher airline ticket fees and higher insurance premiums.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:15 PM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,419 times
Oh Puleez, sickofnyc99, and GlockUnderMyKilt! You can't say that all obese people stink, and/or are sweaty. That's petty, unbridled prejudice, if I ever heard it. That's like saying that all blacks, mexicans, women, etc., stink, and are sweaty. Which is just absurd! Whites used to use that excuse about blacks, when they insisted on separate drinking fountains!

As I've said before, if you don't like flying with the obese, then don't fly. Or at the very least, ask for another seat, if you find yourself sitting next to a fat person. Nobody's forcing you, to sit next to an obese person, on a plane. Both of you need to grow up!

Old 10-16-2010, 04:31 PM

425 posts, read 653,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
Oh Puleez, sickofnyc99, and GlockUnderMyKilt! You can't say that all obese people stink, and/or are sweaty. That's petty, unbridled prejudice, if I ever heard it. That's like saying that all blacks, mexicans, women, etc., stink, and are sweaty. Which is just absurd! Whites used to use that excuse about blacks, when they insisted on separate drinking fountains!
You're off on one. Black people, Mexicans, Women, etc. (as you say) are not necessarily sweaty or stinky. If they're of normal physical proporotions, they are perfectly able to perform the necessary tasks of daily hygiene. Blacks, Mexicans, Women, etc. (as you say) also, don't necessarily sweat excessively due to their own self-inflicted weight nor do they monopolize the personal space of others on aircraft due to their own lack of self-control and/or self-respect.

Disgustingly obese people of any shade, however, don't fit this description. Fatties of every shade impose their heaving. sweating, stinking bodies on the rest of us. And they are the only ones to blame because they can't resist buying that dozen glistening jelly donuts from the local supermarket...

Old 10-16-2010, 05:01 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,423,872 times
Quote:

As I've said before, if you don't like flying with the obese, then don't fly. Or at the very least, ask for another seat, if you find yourself sitting next to a fat person. Nobody's forcing you, to sit next to an obese person, on a plane. Both of you need to grow up!
Do you know what obese people have in their thighs? Creases, big ones. Do you know what obese people have on their abdomens? Creases, LARGE ones. You know what gets in there? Sweat, you think that person is lifting every flap to get in there and clean? No. Some of these people haven't seen their nether regions in eons. I have seen it and smelled the results. You need to face the facts lady, heavy people sweat more. They are called "heavy secreters". And guess what happens when you can't/don't clean that stuff up? You stink, period.

So you're telling me that I should cancel my flight because some double-wide made and continues to make poor life choices? Wrong. Nobody is forcing me to sit next to an obese person? Yes, the airline is. And why should I have to move? I fit perfectly in my seat without issue(other than my legs are a little long) they are the ones who are invading my PAID FOR seat with their side fat.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:34 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Suddenly it's okay to hate fat people.

Articles about obesity have been flooding the media. I can't turn on CNN lately without them going on and on about the deleterious effects fat people are having on our insurance rates.

People are actually suggesting the obese be refused certain kinds of foods at restaurants...imagine that...are we going to have to have cards with our daily BMI listed before can be seated by the maitre d'? Will my wife and I have to step on a scale before we are allowed into a restaurant? What kind of society are we turning into?

And the wave of disdain being unleashed on the obese is staggering. News shows love to depict fat tummies and rears walking by, and suggestions are made that Congress has to step in.

I don't give a damn is someone wants to pudge out, and I'm sure as hell not worried about health costs because of fat people. If Congress really wanted to help the public they would put the screws to the lawyers and come up with strict limits on malpractice lawsuits. My $85 annual medical checkup in 1995 is now $450 in 2009. That's to pay for all the people my doctor had to hire for his backoffice paperwork and his malpractice insurance.

It doesn't have a damn thing to do with obese people and health insurance premiums...that's a red herring folks, and we are being told it's okay to hate fat people because it's all their fault.

This is evil, vile stuff that this country is being sold.
Too many red herrings in your title and post. What is the topic here? I don't hate obese people, I love nutrition, but I hate tort "reform" (caps on malpractice suits). I hate corporate health insurance, and love my doctors.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:49 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Suddenly it's okay to hate fat people.
Someone has to bare the brunt for the blame of high health care costs, its just their turn. Liberals need a demon to get you to agree to being tormented by their laws and regulations.

Its really all a part of the standard procedure for liberals to get legislation passed thru congress and onto the president's desk, to enable government to control, control, and control. They cannot get it passed without hooks and crooks. just look at all the politicians are NOT running on all the bills they voted for 0bama to sign into law.

You want hundreds of billions of tax dollars to flood into government to run our health care system, then demonize pharmaceuticals, insurance companies, foot chopping doctors, and greedy hospitals.

If you want to have a scape goat for the people to be angry at, to enable government to increase taxes and control food manufacturing and production, blame the restaurants and food manufacturers for creating over-weight people by selling unhealthy food.

You want hundreds of billions in new taxes to flood into corporations for green energy, just scare the crap out of people with a global warming hoax, so they will go along with cap & trade and an energy tax that will cause energy costs "to necessarily skyrocket".

Old 10-16-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Hey Renault,

If an obese person on a plane bothers you, then don't fly. You can drive to where ever you want to go, without worrying about being 'infringed upon' by an obese person.

Seems to me, that you're looking for any petty reason, to put down fat people. Not everybody, would be bothered by flying with fat plane passengers, just because it bothers you. So you can't speak for everyone!

I agree with you, what's next, tall people take up too much space? Disabled people with equipment or accompanying aids or service dogs take up too much space, etc.? Society should accommodate ALL people .

Old 10-16-2010, 07:57 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Too many red herrings in your title and post. What is the topic here? I don't hate obese people, I love nutrition, but I hate tort "reform" (caps on malpractice suits). I hate corporate health insurance, and love my doctors.
glad you love your doctors. why do you have doctors? are you a sickly person? so sad, eat better and get some exercise please

Old 10-16-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
glad you love your doctors. why do you have doctors? are you a sickly person? so sad, eat better and get some exercise please
I am not sickly, I have a GP and a Back Doctor (workman comp). Has nothing to do with how I eat, however I eat very healthy and get around just fine(with pain meds). Thanks for your concern

Old 10-16-2010, 08:05 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
Let's be frank. Fat people are lazy. They stink. They impose the deleterious effect of their lifestyle choices onto other people.

Let them live their lives the way they want, as free individuals, but also let them pay for the imposition they create on the rest of us in the form of higher airline ticket fees and higher insurance premiums.
But think of all the money they spend at fast food joints. We need those porkers to keep America's economy going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies