Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:10 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times

Advertisements

The time is close. He said healthcare was his top priority but he seems to be providing little leadership on the issue. He has not said what he will accept or what is unacceptable. So now he has a decision he has to make. Is he going to finally stand up for the working people or is he going to back down from the big Pharma and big insurance outfits that are well represented by the Republican Party?? The time is near. Which way will he go?

Analysis: Tough decision time for Obama on health - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090728/ap_on_an/us_obama_health_care_analysis - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 09:18 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
How can hussein obama provide real leadership on healthcare when he has admitted he does not even know what's in it. Also since none of the Democrats have read it and refuse to read it, they cannot advise their messiah.

Maybe once hussein obama's speechwriter restocks his teleprompter he can come out like he knows something. obama is understandably having a hard time speeking on behalf of the health bill because it is not so much about health as it is about controlling our lives. He says it's about saving money but included in that bill is free health care for illegal immigrants. That's NO savings.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
How can hussein obama provide real leadership on healthcare when he has admitted he does not even know what's in it. Also since none of the Democrats have read it and refuse to read it, they cannot advise their messiah.

Maybe once hussein obama's speechwriter restocks his teleprompter he can come out like he knows something. obama is understandably having a hard time speeking on behalf of the health bill because it is not so much about health as it is about controlling our lives. He says it's about saving money but included in that bill is free health care for illegal immigrants. That's NO savings.
Either he is going to stand up and be a leader and say "this is what I want and this is what I will accept" or he will sit around while the clowns in Congress strip out everything in his bill and send him an empty shell that doesn't amount to anything.
Either he will be Jimmy Carter- a total ineffective buffoon- or he will be Ronald Reagan and GW Bush, both of whom got everything they wanted from Congress and both of whom were not afraid to do whatever it took to get what they wanted.
His choice. But I will point out that the latter 2 served a second term.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Either he is going to stand up and be a leader and say "this is what I want and this is what I will accept" or he will sit around while the clowns in Congress strip out everything in his bill and send him an empty shell that doesn't amount to anything.
Either he will be Jimmy Carter- a total ineffective buffoon- or he will be Ronald Reagan and GW Bush, both of whom got everything they wanted from Congress and both of whom were not afraid to do whatever it took to get what they wanted.
His choice. But I will point out that the latter 2 served a second term.
KevK, Obama can't even talk to the bill; no specifics in his speeches just fear that people will die if it's not passed or not get treatment.

He's campaigning and not trying to sell his bill and he can't do that until he knows the details and can talk those points.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:41 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
There are many things it that bill that people hate and there will probably be things inceerted in that bill in the middle of the night by the most corrupt congress in history.

If hussein obama really wanted to lower the cost of healt care he would enforce our immigration laws and start deporting all the illegal immigrants that are a drain on our health care system and make drug companies sell us the drugs at the same price they sell it to other countries.

This health care bill is all about controlling and dictating our lives.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:43 PM

914 posts, read 1,806,792 times
Quote:
The time is close. He said healthcare was his top priority but he seems to be providing little leadership on the issue. He has not said what he will accept or what is unacceptable. So now he has a decision he has to make. Is he going to finally stand up for the working people or is he going to back down from the big Pharma and big insurance outfits that are well represented by the Republican Party?? The time is near. Which way will he go?

Analysis: Tough decision time for Obama on health - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090728/ap_on_an/us_obama_health_care_analysis - broken link)

I think someone is a little jealous he didn't get invited for beer.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
I think someone is a little jealous he didn't get invited for beer.
He could have got more out of inviting me in for a beer than he will get by having one with the 2 buffoons from Cambridge- the screaming professor and the over zealous cop. I would tell him to get some friggin backbone and quit letting his enemies bully him around.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:36 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
Quote:
He could have got more out of inviting me in for a beer than he will get by having one with the 2 buffoons from Cambridge- the screaming professor and the over zealous cop. I would tell him to get some friggin backbone and quit letting his enemies bully him around.

His enemies are his own party. He tried to push to hard to fast. Had he taken his time and really talked about the details in the plan I bet things would have been different. I don't like him nor do I think his plan will work the wy he says but steam rolling over people you will need in the future is not the answer.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:38 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
I'm sick of Obama killing his liver and then expecting us tax payers to fix it later...

He has Pelosi pushing the bill. They broke both arms with cap and trade and the stimulus. You expect her to break both her legs too to get Obamacare passed?

Old 07-28-2009, 10:42 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Quote:

He's beginning to realize just how ludicrous the whole idea was to begin with.

Hope it never gets passed and all that happens is a minor reform to the current medicare system.

The further we get into his presidiency the better i feel knowing he will fail miserably and everyone will come to their senses and vote conservative again.

Enough of this crap. Impeach him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies