U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:47 AM

68 posts, read 163,508 times

Advertisements

I normally don't like the ACLU but I would contact them in this kind of situation. They MAY be willing to take it up. AND to the posters who said they would believe it when they see it in the news, get real and think. We see what the corrupt bought and paid for media wants us to. In my opinion most stations are liberal and one that I know of (Fox) is conservative or fair but owned by Murdock. Isn't that really questionable, what is he really trying to do? Just get ratings or make people think they are really getting the other side of the story. I watched CNN and Fox give a summary of one of Bushe's speeches. Then I actually caught the speech late night on CSPAN (I think). Neither one of the networks had brought out information I would have wanted to know and the both were similar in what they did cover. We have got to care enough about these issues to be informed. I BELIEVE YOU especially because I'm not hearing it in the news.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 11:14 AM

6,797 posts, read 6,835,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Nonsense on an Internet board the burden of proof is on the original poster. The story strains the bounds of credibility, given that there are multiple similar stories around the Internet that never seem to pass the "fact checking" required to make the MSM. The story that multiple police agencies were targeting Ron Paul supporters would be big time news, if it were true.

People should view all claims on the Internet with a healthy degree of skepticism.
So you are the one who writes the rules for those of us on internet boards. I always wondered who did that.

The idea that cops all have their own prejudices and act accordingly is far from difficult to believe. The fact that cops often use ridiculous infractions to pull people over and go on fishing expeditions (a violation of the 10th amendment) in not disputable. Cops are very successful in bullying their way into illegal searches, and I support the OP for not going along. No one said police agencies are targeting Ron Paul supporters, but it is plausible that some of them have personal prejudices and are not professional enough to keep them separate from their official duties.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:32 AM

6,743 posts, read 8,868,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Nonsense on an Internet board the burden of proof is on the original poster. The story strains the bounds of credibility, given that there are multiple similar stories around the Internet that never seem to pass the "fact checking" required to make the MSM. The story that multiple police agencies were targeting Ron Paul supporters would be big time news, if it were true.

People should view all claims on the Internet with a healthy degree of skepticism.
Dang right! I couldn't agree more. There are many liars on the message boards.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 56,069,148 times
Around here in southern New Hampshire you will get pulled over if you don't have a Ron Paul bumper sticker. If you have an Obama '08 sticker they will cite you for a safety violation. It is fun to be a Liberal in New Hampshire.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:38 AM

9,043 posts, read 12,314,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Around here in southern New Hampshire you will get pulled over if you don't have a Ron Paul bumper sticker. If you have an Obama '08 sticker they will cite you for a safety violation. It is fun to be a Liberal in New Hampshire.
I would've thought they'd pull over an Obama '08 bumpersticker owner for depression over Obama's free falling approval #s, causing a potential hazard to others sharing the road.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 AM

No matter how much you disapprove of the President he will definitely be there another 3 1/2 years and likely to be there 4 more after that.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:46 AM

12,229 posts, read 17,375,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Also things like do you own guns is not a typical question when it comes to bumper stickers dont you think.
I don't know - I got pulled because the light over my license plate was out and the cop asked me if I had any weapons in the car...maybe it's just standard procedure.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:47 AM

9,043 posts, read 12,314,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
No matter how much you disapprove of the President he will definitely be there another 3 1/2 years and likely to be there 4 more after that.
It's not just me who disapproves of him, as the polling #s prove. Ergo, why the joke is actually funny to all but Obamatrons.

Look, I bashed McCain right up to the election, giving Obama sort of a pass. I sat on the sidelines, and was VERY disappoined in his policies. The Ron Paulers who reluctantly voted for Obama, of which there are undoubtedly many (~ 5%) feel likewise.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:55 AM

By the Way - I made that story up just like the OP.

I have, however been stopped for a dead license plate light in an unsuccessful attempt at a drug bust. The same police department stopped me for "dim" taillights in an attempt at a DUI. Neither resulted in more than an annoyance because, first I do not do illegal drugs and I never drink alcohol and drive. 0 for 2 for the cops.

I have never been harassed for ANY political activity in New Hampshire. Everybody around here enjoys the show every four years.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:58 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,215,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I was pulled over by the police today, because of my ron paul bumper sticker.
I would accept., that I was pulled over for the excuse that it was "obstructing me view" because its on my truck window lower left side. But really its not obstructing my view at all. But the questions I was asked for completely unfair and unamerican and what I think we all know what is going on in this country.
NJ State Cop asks?

Dont you think you should take down those stickers the 08 election is over?
Are you in a militia?
Do you own guns?
Can I search your vechile?

All this from the NJ state police over my stickers obstruction of my view?
Wasnt speeding had seatbelt I was pulled over for my Ron Paul sticker and the cop told me so as a follow up to those who have them on their automobiles.

Free speech is under attack and any political view for that matter.
You ain't seen nothin' yet. Just wait until the Obama Monarchy is in full swing and his storm troopers are let out to kill conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies