Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:19 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

There is always a reason why people are being discriminated against now days in thier minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 10:20 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Who?

You must excuse me. I only watch news, not news-atainment.
i only read and listen to news on the radio, myself. i hate tv news, too quick & shallow. what do i win?

as for ashley, she might not be a household name outside of pittsburgh but what she did was certainly HUGE national news.

Ashley Todd mugging hoax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i brought her up cause this story sounds kind of fishy (especially considering that someone has already said they heard the same story last week). plus she used to work for paul's campaign apparently and slashed her own tires, claiming that someone did it because of her paul stickers and signs.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:24 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
i only read and listen to news on the radio, myself. i hate tv news, too quick & shallow. what do i win?

as for ashley, she might not be a household name outside of pittsburgh but what she did was certainly HUGE national news.

Ashley Todd mugging hoax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i brought her up cause this story sounds kind of fishy (especially considering that someone has already said they heard the same story last week). plus she used to work for paul's campaign apparently and slashed her own tires, claiming that someone did it because of her paul stickers and signs.
People in the C4L/RP cluster have been questioned. Fortunately, one of those guys spied on big daddy gubmint like a good patriot should! I'm inclined to believe this story based on previous events, and will be more inclined to believe when someone records one of these folks harassing a driver.

Now I believe I'll order as many Gadsden and Ron Paul bumper stickers as my car will fit Whatever will increase my chances of getting one of these guys on camera!

Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
honestly, i could see a cop hassling someone about their sticker, and that is totally wrong.

i just doubt that he was pulled over for the writing on the sticker alone.

if this happened at all - again, someone said they heard the exact same story last week.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:38 AM

558 posts, read 818,822 times
LEOs profile people all the time. He's a link to an article discussing profiling of possible militia members:

'Fusion Centers' Expand Criteria to Identify Militia Members - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/23/fusion-centers-expand-criteria-identify-militia-members/ - broken link)

Old 07-29-2009, 10:38 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times
Maybe he wanted your bumper sticker..maybe he likes 2 first name people..

Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I was pulled over by the police today, because of my ron paul bumper sticker.
I would accept., that I was pulled over for the excuse that it was "obstructing me view" because its on my truck window lower left side. But really its not obstructing my view at all. But the questions I was asked for completely unfair and unamerican and what I think we all know what is going on in this country.
NJ State Cop asks?

Dont you think you should take down those stickers the 08 election is over?
Are you in a militia?
Do you own guns?
Can I search your vechile?

All this from the NJ state police over my stickers obstruction of my view?
Wasnt speeding had seatbelt I was pulled over for my Ron Paul sticker and the cop told me so as a follow up to those who have them on their automobiles.

Free speech is under attack and any political view for that matter.
Stickers? As in plural?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:42 AM

Today would've been a GREAT day to have Ron Paul stuff on your bumper as Obama is supposed to be in Raleigh. A TON of cops stationed at each exit along the beltline. Plenty of opportunity to record some bad behavior and get some goooooood media coverage, perhaps get a few officers fired.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:43 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
When I see this on the news, I might believe it.
Why not report the guy?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
When I see this on the news, I might believe it.
Why not report the guy?
The police officer knows who you are. If you're in a small town, he/she might make your life a living hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies