U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:46 AM

937 posts, read 2,700,271 times

Advertisements

I love how people come on here and post BS stories, expecting a group of on-lookers to back them up and in this case, looking for the "F da police! Police state!" type of crap.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 11:46 AM

7,421 posts, read 14,768,305 times
your life might not get easier, but it would be the right thing to do. cops shouldn't be harassing people for their political beliefs.

and your life would not become a "living hell" like that other poster implied.

you missed the opportunity this time, but you easily could have noted and remembered his name or license plate number.

as it is, i don't find your story very credible. if it's true, he might have hassled you about the sticker, and that's wrong, but that doesn't mean he pulled you over for that.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:55 AM

24,629 posts, read 26,631,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
his location says PA and he said it was an NJ state cop, so i don't think the cop is local to him.
He also quoted PA law; it wouldn't apply in NJ.
Curiouser & curiouser.

Are you saying that your sticker was covering your inspection and emissions stickers?
Where were these other stickers, were they all in the window?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:57 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,339,660 times
Quote:
your life might not get easier, but it would be the right thing to do. cops shouldn't be harassing people for their political beliefs.

and your life would not become a "living hell" like that other poster implied.

you missed the opportunity this time, but you easily could have noted and remembered his name or license plate number.

as it is, i don't find your story very credible. if it's true, he might have hassled you about the sticker, and that's wrong, but that doesn't mean he pulled you over for that.
Well I think even reading what is in the new york times can be considered non creditable and they get paid to report news. So while I understand your ideas on this matter I know that the government in general will harass people and its not even just this cop. If I was pulled over for any other reason I am sure he would have told me. I also know from his questions he was not interested in the condition of my truck, or speed limit or seatbeat of which I was obeying. Just to prove it to you tonight or tomm I will take a pic of my stickers just to show you.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:58 AM

7,421 posts, read 14,768,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
He also quoted PA law.
no, someone else did that.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
no, someone else did that.
Sorry, my bad.
Apologies.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:05 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,339,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
He also quoted PA law; it wouldn't apply in NJ.
Curiouser & curiouser.

Are you saying that your sticker was covering your inspection and emissions stickers?
Where were these other stickers, were they all in the window?

I dont have a pic of my truck but I pulled this from the internet just to show you where my stickers were in red on the rear window.
No inspection or emissions stickers go here in PA or NJ so not a issue.
So you tell me do you think that is really effecting my view and think about it if they were all NJ state police stickers do think he would care.

Click image for larger version

Name:	suv.gif
Views:	4563
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	46135

Old 07-29-2009, 12:07 PM

34,203 posts, read 37,730,240 times
I'd like to her the police officers version of this story. I'm guessing it might be a bit differnt.

But hey, this is why interenet forums were invented right? So you can say something and have dozens of people pet you.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:09 PM

10,478 posts, read 14,659,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I dont have a pic of my truck but I pulled this from the internet just to show you where my stickers were in red on the rear window.
So you tell me do you think that is really effecting my view and think about it if they were all NJ state police stickers do think he would care.

Attachment 46135
I don't think you've answered the question posed by myself & others on here. Are you doing anything about it except for complaining on an anonymous forum? I mean, if something like that happened to me & it was TRUE, you can be damn sure I'd be taking it to his superior. Or maybe even heading to the local news station.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

Attachment 46135
In your first post you just said in your window.
I keep stickers in my truck window as well.
Usually they just say things like "Hang up and drive."

But while checking on the internets, there is discussion of Ron Paul bumper stickers being used in the south to indicate militia membership.
I have no clue if it's true, but that might be why they asked those questions.
Maybe they spend too much time on sites like CD; just like all of us do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies