U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2009, 01:16 PM
 
Location: PA
5,562 posts, read 5,345,032 times
Reputation: 1956

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I don't think you've answered the question posed by myself & others on here. Are you doing anything about it except for complaining on an anonymous forum? I mean, if something like that happened to me & it was TRUE, you can be damn sure I'd be taking it to his superior. Or maybe even heading to the local news station.

Well it happen this am and I'm at work to support my bills and when I am done here I will think about the purpose and or reason to tell his superior and what will really be done about it. Also I have other places to post and discuss this issue not just CD and even thru the campaign for liberty and other rights places. I think understanding the reason of why I was pulled over see if this is a state wide process and what the law really says in reguards to the placement of my stickers matters. I not a stupid person who is going to run to the media without facts and the law.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2009, 01:20 PM
 
Location: PA
5,562 posts, read 5,345,032 times
Reputation: 1956
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
In your first post you just said in your window.
I keep stickers in my truck window as well.
Usually they just say things like "Hang up and drive."

But while checking on the internets, there is discussion of Ron Paul bumper stickers being used in the south to indicate militia membership.
I have no clue if it's true, but that might be why they asked those questions.
Maybe they spend too much time on sites like CD; just like all of us do.
Well I think that is my point what business is it of this government if I am in a militia which I'm not by the way its not against the law in fact its in the NJ state constitution. Also what does that have to do with obstruction my view with me owning guns and or if I want to leave up my 2008 political stickers? For those who support Ron Paul this is common for those who live in a world were government statism is GOD you defend authority.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,629 posts, read 26,658,486 times
Reputation: 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Well I think that is my point what business is it of this government if I am in a militia which I'm not by the way its not against the law in fact its in the NJ state constitution. Also what does that have to do with obstruction my view with me owning guns and or if I want to leave up my 2008 political stickers? For those who support Ron Paul this is common for those who live in a world were government statism is GOD you defend authority.
They might be a little touchy because of the "terrorists" caught the other day, last I heard one was still at-large.

I have no clue about the reasoning, and neither do you.
Why didn't you ask?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Washington DC
5,915 posts, read 7,642,530 times
Reputation: 954
There are actually quite a few of these "stories" on the web. Several different states, different people. The common link seems to be that they all claim they have Ron Paul stickers on their cars. This is the price of the Internet. Lots of crazies making up all sorts of stuff. Put this in the same category as the stories of a Muslim president born in Kenya.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 PM
 
Location: PA
5,562 posts, read 5,345,032 times
Reputation: 1956
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
They might be a little touchy because of the "terrorists" caught the other day, last I heard one was still at-large.

I have no clue about the reasoning, and neither do you.
Why didn't you ask?
I asked why I was pulled over obstruction of view stickers.
He volunteered that he was following up on people who have Ron Paul stickers and he and I left it like that.
I think when I was late to work, pulled over and harassed that was enough info for me. Its not like I didnt already know my government thinks I'm a criminal for supporting Ron Paul or those ideas.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Imaginary Figment
11,456 posts, read 13,628,357 times
Reputation: 4776
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I was pulled over by the police today, because of my ron paul bumper sticker.
I would accept., that I was pulled over for the excuse that it was "obstructing me view" because its on my truck window lower left side. But really its not obstructing my view at all. But the questions I was asked for completely unfair and unamerican and what I think we all know what is going on in this country.
NJ State Cop asks?

Dont you think you should take down those stickers the 08 election is over?
Are you in a militia?
Do you own guns?
Can I search your vechile?


All this from the NJ state police over my stickers obstruction of my view?
Wasnt speeding had seatbelt I was pulled over for my Ron Paul sticker and the cop told me so as a follow up to those who have them on their automobiles.

Free speech is under attack and any political view for that matter.
Yea sure.

You're not texting this while driving are you?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Imaginary Figment
11,456 posts, read 13,628,357 times
Reputation: 4776
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
There are actually quite a few of these "stories" on the web. Several different states, different people. The common link seems to be that they all claim they have Ron Paul stickers on their cars. This is the price of the Internet. Lots of crazies making up all sorts of stuff. Put this in the same category as the stories of a Muslim president born in Kenya.
Yes, and we all have friends whose Aunt worked as a nurse in the Emergency room when Richard Gere walked in years ago too.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
9,043 posts, read 12,257,008 times
Reputation: 1396
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
There are actually quite a few of these "stories" on the web. Several different states, different people. The common link seems to be that they all claim they have Ron Paul stickers on their cars. This is the price of the Internet. Lots of crazies making up all sorts of stuff. Put this in the same category as the stories of a Muslim president born in Kenya.
Not after the Ron Paul patriot successfully spied on the TSA. Sowwy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 01:35 PM
 
Location: PA
5,562 posts, read 5,345,032 times
Reputation: 1956
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
There are actually quite a few of these "stories" on the web. Several different states, different people. The common link seems to be that they all claim they have Ron Paul stickers on their cars. This is the price of the Internet. Lots of crazies making up all sorts of stuff. Put this in the same category as the stories of a Muslim president born in Kenya.

Why do I get the feeling like it's the movie 1984 and any story that goes against the government and its power is somehow crazy.
Claims can be real or half truths or false.
Those who feel the foot over there chest when dealing with government know the reality and those claims are justified and real. We have political censorship from the right and the left and some how we believe the stories of micheal jackson and who is dating brittany spears over the cop pulling over people. We censor music, speech and sex all day in America why not the political views on a bumper sticker.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2009, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Washington DC
5,915 posts, read 7,642,530 times
Reputation: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Why do I get the feeling like it's the movie 1984 and any story that goes against the government and its power is somehow crazy.
Claims can be real or half truths or false.
Those who feel the foot over there chest when dealing with government know the reality and those claims are justified and real. We have political censorship from the right and the left and some how we believe the stories of micheal jackson and who is dating brittany spears over the cop pulling over people. We censor music, speech and sex all day in America why not the political views on a bumper sticker.
Ron Paul and his supporters aren't important enough to have the police pay attention to. He's a legend in his own mind.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top