U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:03 PM

6,797 posts, read 6,835,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
honestly, i could see a cop hassling someone about their sticker, and that is totally wrong.

i just doubt that he was pulled over for the writing on the sticker alone.

if this happened at all - again, someone said they heard the exact same story last week.
This is the lowest kind of post. One that attempts to question the credibility of a poster without any proof that there is any reason to discredit them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 09:12 PM

3,698 posts, read 4,377,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, yeah, I don't believe you for a second. Nice little story though.
What a coinkydink. We don't believe ANY of your posts, either.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:37 PM

7,421 posts, read 14,862,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
This is the lowest kind of post. One that attempts to question the credibility of a poster without any proof that there is any reason to discredit them.
uh, someone said they saw the same story with almost the same wording last week. that's not proof? well not proof, but evidence.

i'm not saying that the story is definitely a lie. i just have my doubts. it sounds like a stretch, and he's changed the story already (started out saying he didn't know why he was pulled over, then said that the officer said it was because of his sticker).

i think there are probably lower kinds of posts.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:16 AM

5,915 posts, read 7,675,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Nonsense on an Internet board the burden of proof is on the original poster. The story strains the bounds of credibility, given that there are multiple similar stories around the Internet that never seem to pass the "fact checking" required to make the MSM. The story that multiple police agencies were targeting Ron Paul supporters would be big time news, if it were true.

People should view all claims on the Internet with a healthy degree of skepticism.

Last edited by rlchurch; 07-30-2009 at 10:05 AM..

Old 07-30-2009, 09:48 AM

36,539 posts, read 37,544,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I was pulled over by the police today, because of my ron paul bumper sticker.
Well, how unlucky is that timing? I'm sure if it happened before the healthcare press conference some reporter would have asked the president to weigh in on it.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:02 AM

19,889 posts, read 17,714,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, yeah, I don't believe you for a second. Nice little story though.
You have clearly never been stopped by a NJ State trooper!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:16 AM

22,603 posts, read 20,508,124 times
The author of "The Creature From Jekyll Island" was on George Noory on AM Coast to Coast last nite. Awesome, troubling show. Most economists have read his book.
He was very supportive of Ron Paul and his efforts to have the Federal Reserve audited, although it would be better to have it abolished in his opinion.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:04 PM

73,183 posts, read 69,002,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Maybe when you are pulled over and or censored you will wake up.
Until then I will keep fighting for your right to be believe what you want.
I was pulled over in New Jersey last year and given a ticket for obstruction of view for having a peach-scented little tree thing hanging from the rearview mirror.

I believe this was a violation of my freedom of peach.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:49 PM

19,889 posts, read 17,714,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I was pulled over in New Jersey last year and given a ticket for obstruction of view for having a peach-scented little tree thing hanging from the rearview mirror.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:56 PM

6,743 posts, read 8,868,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

oooooh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies