Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 12:50 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Ron Paul and his supporters aren't important enough to have the police pay attention to. He's a legend in his own mind.
Meh, 4 out of 10 on the troll-o-meter for originality.

Besides, Missouri state police seem to find enough interest in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 12:54 PM

873 posts, read 1,804,492 times
Yeah, the audacity of someone to actually want a Constitutional form of government! Why everybody knows that the Constitution is just for old fogeys, right??????

Quote:
Ron Paul and his supporters aren't important enough to have the police pay attention to. He's a legend in his own mind.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:54 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Meh, 4 out of 10 on the troll-o-meter for originality.

Besides, Missouri state police seem to find enough interest in them.
Yeah that's another one of the Ron Paul "conspiracy" threads.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:57 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Quote:
Yeah that's another one of the Ron Paul "conspiracy" threads.
It's funny, because even the Missouri state police admitted it.

Yet, "climate change" isn't a conspiracy.

Riiiiiiiiight.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:03 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
I love how people come on here and post BS stories, expecting a group of on-lookers to back them up and in this case, looking for the "F da police! Police state!" type of crap.
Heee hee pretty funny,isn't it? Just go Google "pulled over for Ron Paul bumper sticker" & see whatcha get!

Old 07-29-2009, 01:10 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Judge Napolitano, Ron Paul on DHS “Rightwing Extremism” Report

obama's mesmerized masses do not care. Will they care if the Republicans take back the white house?

Old 07-29-2009, 01:16 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Heee hee pretty funny,isn't it? Just go Google "pulled over for Ron Paul bumper sticker" & see whatcha get!
Unreal! Shame on you LibertyandJusticeforall! What were you thinking claiming this story as your own?

Old 07-29-2009, 01:18 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I was pulled over by the police today, because of my ron paul bumper sticker.
I would accept., that I was pulled over for the excuse that it was "obstructing me view" because its on my truck window lower left side. But really its not obstructing my view at all. But the questions I was asked for completely unfair and unamerican and what I think we all know what is going on in this country.
NJ State Cop asks?

Dont you think you should take down those stickers the 08 election is over?
Are you in a militia?
Do you own guns?
Can I search your vechile?

All this from the NJ state police over my stickers obstruction of my view?
Wasnt speeding had seatbelt I was pulled over for my Ron Paul sticker and the cop told me so as a follow up to those who have them on their automobiles.

Free speech is under attack and any political view for that matter.

I think you've contradicted yourself quite nicely.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:39 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I dont have a pic of my truck but I pulled this from the internet just to show you where my stickers were in red on the rear window.
No inspection or emissions stickers go here in PA or NJ so not a issue.
So you tell me do you think that is really effecting my view and think about it if they were all NJ state police stickers do think he would care.

Attachment 46135
Well, considering it is in a place where only your rear view mirror will be affected and very little at that, I would say the officer was fishing for whatever reason without probable cause to pull you over.

For instance, you are not required to have a rear view mirror in a vehicle for most states I know of (Large trucks drive with out a rear window view).

The fact that he didn't write you up for it is probably because there isn't a law on the books that your case would be covered under. I would grab your local vehicle code and see if you can find a violation concerning that.

Personally, I think the officer that pulled you over for that is abusing his power and If I were his senior, I would have reprimanded him for it.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:39 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
It's funny, because even the Missouri state police admitted it.

Yet, "climate change" isn't a conspiracy.

Riiiiiiiiight.
No what the Missouri Police will tell you is that there was a weird group call the MICA that issue a really weird report that sought to link all sorts of weird stuff to terrorism. Nobody took it seriously and the people who were in charge no longer work there. BTW Missouri is not a blue state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies