Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 01:33 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,380 times

Advertisements

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Poll: Obama loses ground on health care - White House- msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 03:26 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
i think most americans are against all of this government intrusion into their lives and this giant government / wall street power grab. we will see on election day how americans feel about big government.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:48 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i think most americans are against all of this government intrusion into their lives and this giant government / wall street power grab. we will see on election day how americans feel about big government.
Is government intruding into your life now more than it was a year ago? If so, how?

Old 07-30-2009, 04:08 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
under cap and trade i will be paying more for energy.
under government health care i will be forced to purchase health care insurance even though i personally do not need it.
with all of the government spending, including fighting wars on two fronts and useless pork projects, i will be paying more in taxes.
if barney frank's proposal passes to let individual judges determine property values, my property value may likely decrease.
if government controls what procedures i may or may not need in the future, i feel that is an intrusion into my quality of life.
if government forces me to pay for health care for illegal immigrants, i feel that is an intrusion into my quality of life.
government forcing us to bail out GM and then LOSING THE MONEY is an intrusion into quality of life because it means less money to spend to save the economy.
government forcing americans to subsidize goldman sachs by enacting laws which make them the "gatekeeper" is an intrusion into my quality of life.
the government bailing out wall street investment houses that recklessly gambled with their own money, but then used my money to save themselves is an intrusion into my quality of life.

i feel that those are all government intrusions into my quality of life.

Last edited by floridasandy; 07-30-2009 at 04:21 AM..

Old 07-30-2009, 04:40 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,623,911 times
Buying votes at $4500 a crack with the cash for clunkers is using tax payer money to buy votes. Every program giving people tax payer money is for publicity and votes. The first president to realize this was Roosevelt and now it has been fine honed by the current administration.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:40 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,305,822 times
Millions of people are only now realizing that Obama is destroying America. The only reason Obama has the high approval rating he does is because many people like him personally even though they may not like his politics and policies. I feel sure that if Obama was not a personable man his approval rating would be at least 20 points lower. And of course virtually 100% of blacks approve of him...along with anyone looking for free handouts.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:41 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
under government health care i will be forced to purchase health care insurance even though i personally do not need it.
with all of the government spending, including fighting wars on two fronts and useless pork projects, i will be paying more in taxes.
if barney frank's proposal passes to let individual judges determine property values, my property value may likely decrease.
if government controls what procedures i may or may not need in the future, i feel that is an intrusion into my quality of life.
if government forces me to pay for health care for illegal immigrants, i feel that is an intrusion into my quality of life.
government forcing us to bail out GM and then LOSING THE MONEY is an intrusion into quality of life because it means less money to spend to save the economy.
government forcing americans to subsidize goldman sachs by enacting laws which make them the "gatekeeper" is an intrusion into my quality of life.
the government bailing out wall street investment houses that recklessly gambled with their own money, but then used my money to save themselves is an intrusion into my quality of life.

Boy...you answered that question very nicely!

Old 07-30-2009, 04:45 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,456 times
Quote:

You forgot the looming threat of further unconstitutional gun control laws.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:48 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
George W Bush did not increase the size of the government at all It all started the day Obama was elected . It is really hard to have a meaningful conversation with people who are either ignorant or choose to live in denial. About a year ago, we were discussing the constitutionality of "torture" and other methods used by the Bush administration. Talk about Dark Ages and ignorance.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:56 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
George W Bush did not increase the size of the government at all It all started the day Obama was elected . It is really hard to have a meaningful conversation with people who are either ignorant or choose to live in denial. About a year ago, we were discussing the constitutionality of "torture" and other methods used by the Bush administration. Talk about Dark Ages and ignorance.

I think GW sucked also; just not quite as bad/much as Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies