Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:17 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,098 times

Advertisements

Poll: Majority of Republicans are birthers.

A new DailyKos/Research2000 poll reveals the shocking news that 58 percent of Republicans sympathize with the far-right birthers. Twenty-eight percent don’t believe that President Obama was born in the U.S., and another 30 percent aren’t sure. The birther sentiment was strongest amongst people older than 60 and people living in the South.

I could not be happier... Look, it's a regional thing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 08:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
I was thinking this birther issue through this morning. First the birthers said Obama should show his birth certificate. He did, and they immediately claimed it "bogus" b/c it did not have the exact same verbiage as their own from (insert name of state). Some said it was photoshopped. All throughout this, birthers have been saying "if he'd just show us the birth certificate", and he has! But it's not OK! The "birthers" are lying. They don't want to "just see the BC". They want to try and prove that Obama is not elgible to be POTUS, and they don't care what they have to do to prove so.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Was the conspiracy started in 1961? For what purpose? Was the conspiracy started in 2007? And somehow the conspirators got the state of Hawaii to participate? Who are these conspirators? Unless there is a reasonable explanation of why a fraud is perpetuated and who perpetrated the fraud, there is no reason to think that such fraud actually happened.

Unless there is a reasonable explanation of not just why there would be a false birth certificate, but of when, how and who were involved in such a conspiracy, why should such a conspiracy have any credibility?

Exactly. I'm a couple of years older than Obama, and all my life I've had to fill out paperwork--for school, for work, marriage, divorce, for other documentation as has come up, stating my birthday and the place I was born. So he's been lying since Kindergarten in anticipation of becoming President one day under false pretenses?
Well, there is this - floating around:

Obamaunism 101: The Stanley Ann and Madelyn Dunham factor

Old 07-31-2009, 08:54 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,592,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I was thinking this birther issue through this morning. First the birthers said Obama should show his birth certificate. He did, and they immediately claimed it "bogus" b/c it did not have the exact same verbiage as their own from (insert name of state). Some said it was photoshopped. All throughout this, birthers have been saying "if he'd just show us the birth certificate", and he has! But it's not OK! The "birthers" are lying. They don't want to "just see the BC". They want to try and prove that Obama is not elgible to be POTUS, and they don't care what they have to do to prove so.

Is there some kind of vaccination available...Will President Obama's healthcare plan provide medication for this pre-existing condition?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:54 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post

This is just a lot of random facts without any coherence. Kelly Dunham is listed as an associate/relative of Madelyn Dunhum, and so must be an alias for Stanley Dunham. Why must it be an alias? Because someone wants it to be an alias. These kinds of assumptions don't even merit the adjective "flimsy".

Again, when was the conspiracy supposedly begun? By Obama's mother? The idealistic young college student in 1961, 1961, who thought her half-black son would grow up to be President? What sort of kool-aid was she drinking? Because there were some really cool drugs going around in 1961, and it would take some major tripping for her to have believed that.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:23 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,592,691 times
Quote:
In the mid-’60s, pragmatic conservative leaders William F. Buckley and Ronald Reagan took a strong stand — repudiating Birch leader Robert Welch’s charge that Ike was a communist agent.
Are we to assume the rise of the birthers is in direct correlation to the disarray and lack of obvious leadership within the party?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post

That was the wierdest thing I have read in a long time! Are you aware, BTW, that Madelyn Dunham was Obama's grandmother (Stanley Ann's mother)?

If you were to do a google search of my names, both married and maiden, you would find a load of people with the same name. In fact, a fairly popular singer and I have the same maiden name, and one of DH's cousins had a wife with my same name (and same last married name).

Old 08-03-2009, 09:32 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,668,801 times
there was a pretty good theory floating around before the election that obama's real father was malcolm x, based on the fact that dunham and, uh, x were in the same cities at a few points during their lives.

plus have you noticed that obama and x kinda look alike?!?!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:33 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,668,801 times
haha that link is hilarious! these people had no funerals, therefore they never died! and everyone ever who has the last name "dunham" must be an alias of stanley ann!

i guess my grandpa never died either, since he had a memorial service.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:56 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
there was a pretty good theory floating around before the election that obama's real father was malcolm x, based on the fact that dunham and, uh, x were in the same cities at a few points during their lives.

plus have you noticed that obama and x kinda look alike?!?!
The Lee Atwater influence on GOP isn't just alive and well, it is flourishing. I attribute a lot of crazy ideas that guy had (and marketed them successfully) to a chemical imbalance in his brain, as he dealt with brain tumor and passed away as a result of it. The spirit within the GOP is no different, and is killing the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies