Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want to control my penis?
Yes 12 29.27%
No 29 70.73%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:53 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Everytime I talk to a republican they go around crying and preaching about how our country would be 1000 times better with "smaller government"

Why is it that those people that believe on "small government" want to control my penis?
(gay relationships, interracial relationships, open marriages, etc, etc)

I have TOTAL freedom, but my penis is enslaved by the Bible-thumpers.
And you believe them because they have a tremendous track record at shrinking government? Republicans are a bunch of liberty siphoning, bible belting, war mongoring neocons. I hope the party crumbles to oblivion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 07:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Everytime I talk to a republican they go around crying and preaching about how our country would be 1000 times better with "smaller government"

Why is it that those people that believe on "small government" want to control my penis?

In a civilized society, it has always been thought that morality was a good thing.

How good would it be, for example, if any pedophile was perfectly within his "rights" to go after and molest your young daughter, no matter her age (or your young boy, if you're into that).

How good is it for society to lift "age of consent" laws, so that it is perfectly fine for teenage girls and boys to engage in sex at whatever age they deem that they feel they want to "experiment".

You see, God knows what's best for mankind, and that is why he placed restrictions on us, as any good parent might place restrictions on a childs activities.

Those, such as yourself, who wish to live in darkness, are destined to live in darkness for all eternity.

Light has come into the world. That light is Christ. But some love darkness, and will not recieve the light.

Society, is better off living in the light.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:16 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
GWB 43 actually expanded the federal gov't THREE fold. It's all just a myth. Lately I see the republican party as a party of lies

small gov't - not true

against illegal immigration - last time we gave amnesty Reagan was in office, Bush wanted amnesty, McCain -from AZ wasn't at all tough on ill. immigration per his platform, no party is tough on illegal immigration

family values - cheat on their spouses, larry craig. etc.
Who is the Party of lies? Republicans? And which party is presently deceiving us BIG TIME, along with their "President"? LOL Give me a break.

I think you neglected to mention all the Democrats who have been caught having affairs and such. Did you do that on purpose?

You Democrats are one big joke after another.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:21 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:

Where are they wanting to control what you do you your penis?

Old 07-31-2009, 07:31 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
In a civilized society, it has always been thought that morality was a good thing.

How good would it be, for example, if any pedophile was perfectly within his "rights" to go after and molest your young daughter, no matter her age (or your young boy, if you're into that).

How good is it for society to lift "age of consent" laws, so that it is perfectly fine for teenage girls and boys to engage in sex at whatever age they deem that they feel they want to "experiment".

You see, God knows what's best for mankind, and that is why he placed restrictions on us, as any good parent might place restrictions on a childs activities.

Those, such as yourself, who wish to live in darkness, are destined to live in darkness for all eternity.

Light has come into the world. That light is Christ. But some love darkness, and will not recieve the light.

Society, is better off living in the light.
Here we go again ... someone mentions homosexuality and you bring up pedophiles, as if the deep love two consenting adults feel for one another could ever be compared to that abuse.

And, for the record, it is legal for teenage girls and boys to engage in sexuality so long as the partner is within a certain age range.

The core problem with your premise, however, is that it is essentially Shia law. You want one religion to dictate secular law in a nation founded on secular principles You assume that:

a) your interpretation of morality is the correct one (even though conservative Christians used the Bible to justify slavery, unnecessary wars, and subjugation of women and completely ignore environmental catastrophes because they're just waiting to start floating up to the sky.... your track record on morality is very dubious at best).

b) your interpretation of God and your savior is the correct one (even though the precise mythos of Jesus - from virgin birth to miracle worker to martyr to rising from the dead - existed in civilizations thousands of years prior.

Our founding father risked their lives to create a nation free from the Christian oppression that had crippled Europe - a nation in which each individual would be free to pursue a relationship with the higher power of his or her choosing.

So, you are promoting very anti-American values here and essentially demanding we function like many Middle Eastern countries.

No thank you.

"Christianity neither is, nor ever was, a part of the common law." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-31-2009, 07:32 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Can you please explain all of us "uncivilized people" why the US has 3 age of consent that changes as you cross state lines.
Does morality change as you cross state line (there's only one place where I could see it, "State line road, Kansas City")

BTW, you'll be shocked when you see what it is in Mexico (a skip and a hop from the US)

Old 07-31-2009, 07:35 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
GWB 43 actually expanded the federal gov't THREE fold. It's all just a myth. Lately I see the republican party as a party of lies

small gov't - not true

against illegal immigration - last time we gave amnesty Reagan was in office, Bush wanted amnesty, McCain -from AZ wasn't at all tough on ill. immigration per his platform, no party is tough on illegal immigration

family values - cheat on their spouses, larry craig. etc.
Three fold? Where did you come up with this cockamanie bull crap? If you're going to pontificate....please quantificate. Thank you.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:50 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
Quote:

Because if they didn't throw in this, the Bible thumpers would think about all of the poor and how the Republican policies exploit them and they'd go over to the Democrats.

Think about how Republicans have touted the antiabortion and gay marraige line, yet done virtually nothing about it for years, its just to get votes.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:58 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Republicans seem to believe everybody has a right to buy whatever they need, including penis covers, from a monopoly owned by a Republican at a price shielded from the nasty market. They want to control any purchases made by you using your penis for anything it might do or want to do.
Sounds very paranoid. What actual facts do you have to back up these paranoid delusions?

I just love when people throw out way out generalizations as if they are common knowledge. What purchase might a penis make besides condoms or some kind of personal lubricant? I wasn't aware Republicans had some conspiracy going to control the condom and personal lubricant markets. See, you learn something each and every day.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:03 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Here we go again ... someone mentions homosexuality and you bring up pedophiles, as if the deep love two consenting adults feel for one another could ever be compared to that abuse.

And, for the record, it is legal for teenage girls and boys to engage in sexuality so long as the partner is within a certain age range.

The core problem with your premise, however, is that it is essentially Shia law. You want one religion to dictate secular law in a nation founded on secular principles You assume that:

a) your interpretation of morality is the correct one (even though conservative Christians used the Bible to justify slavery, unnecessary wars, and subjugation of women and completely ignore environmental catastrophes because they're just waiting to start floating up to the sky.... your track record on morality is very dubious at best).

b) your interpretation of God and your savior is the correct one (even though the precise mythos of Jesus - from virgin birth to miracle worker to martyr to rising from the dead - existed in civilizations thousands of years prior.

Our founding father risked their lives to create a nation free from the Christian oppression that had crippled Europe - a nation in which each individual would be free to pursue a relationship with the higher power of his or her choosing.

So, you are promoting very anti-American values here and essentially demanding we function like many Middle Eastern countries.

No thank you.

"Christianity neither is, nor ever was, a part of the common law." - Thomas Jefferson
Excellent post. Too bad it will probably fall on deaf ears - or, in this case, blind eyes.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies