Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:52 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I am not against UHC. I am against it going to illegals though. If they get covered too, I will be angry.
I thought liberals were citizens of the world.

Of course illegals should be covered - they are citizens of the world.

What is it about the word "Universal" you do not understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 08:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post

Try to give a serious response someday.

I'll answer the question you asked earlier about democracy. I believe that Obama won the election, and now we all have to live with our decision. I don't know if it's possible to start a recall campaign for the President, but if it is, then I encourage you to go for it and see how far you get with it.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:09 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:

universal |ˌyoōnəˈvərsəl|
adjective
of, affecting, or done by all people or things in the world or in a particular group; applicable to all cases : universal adult suffrage | the incidents caused universal concern.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,567 times
Default just read

why when people bring up their opinions that they disagree with this president it is blamed on the talk show hosts? maybe we have minds of our own and have done research. you people better stop pointing fingers and read the facts before it is too late!

Old 07-30-2009, 09:13 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Let's hear YOUR version of Democracy.

C'mon - Don't be shy!
MY version?

You mean where people vote for our Elected Employees in public offices, and if your candidate didn't win, you put up with it until the next election cycle and bother your own Elected Employees to do their job better?

THAT kind of Demcoracy, like everyone else participates in?

MY candidate indeed didn't win, he wasn't even officially running.

Still wrote Ron Paul on my ballot, though.

So, now it's time to answer MY question. Why do you hate democracy? Bamers has not broken any laws nor committed treason. He has simply not done anything to generate an Article of Impeachment.

Say, you wouldn't be a Republican, would you? You remember, don't you, that the only thing attempting to remove Slick Willie from office did was waste tax payer funds, right?

I would hope the GOP in Congress learned their lesson, they cannot force a coup in our Constitutional Republic.

Besides, do you REALLY want Joe Biden as POTUS?

Old 07-30-2009, 09:18 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
The only way to get good care will be to find a private doctor that doesn't accept government insurance and pay out of pocket. Better start saving your money.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:20 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
The only way to get good care will be to find a private doctor that doesn't accept government insurance and pay out of pocket. Better start saving your money.
That's what people said about HMO's, and what many people do.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:21 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
MY version?

You mean where people vote for our Elected Employees in public offices, and if your candidate didn't win, you put up with it until the next election cycle and bother your own Elected Employees to do their job better?

THAT kind of Demcoracy, like everyone else participates in?

MY candidate indeed didn't win, he wasn't even officially running.

Still wrote Ron Paul on my ballot, though.

So, now it's time to answer MY question. Why do you hate democracy? Bamers has not broken any laws nor committed treason. He has simply not done anything to generate an Article of Impeachment.

Say, you wouldn't be a Republican, would you? You remember, don't you, that the only thing attempting to remove Slick Willie from office did was waste tax payer funds, right?

I would hope the GOP in Congress learned their lesson, they cannot force a coup in our Constitutional Republic.

Besides, do you REALLY want Joe Biden as POTUS?
Somewhere in your rant, try to fit the constitution in for a comparison of what Bush pulled off and what Obama is proposing.

Your presumptuous accusation that I hate democracy misses the mark that many such as I, only tolerate democracy when held within constitutional limits.

Otherwise, it is only mob rule.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
"P 354 Section 1177 The Government will restrict enrollment of special needs people."

This is describing my precious daughter. Do you people even care about anyone but yourselves?
I would say don't worry about it. This OP is a copy/past from some RW e-mail. It has been debunked in several other threads. DO NOT believe this garbage; research it yourself.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:23 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That's what people said about HMO's, and what many people do.
That's what they have to do in the UK and Canada too, if they can afford to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies