Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:27 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,064,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Wow. One sentence about what Democrat activists have pointed out about Scott Rasmussen.
Rasmussen uses robocalls, which lonely Republican voters are more likely to play along with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 10:58 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,914,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
What I am talking about is that when somebody says a 50 year old President will most likely not finish his term because certain people don't like his policies, how else do you read that? I had to read it twice just to make sure I was not making a mistake. There is only one way I can interpret that and that is basically a threat to the life of the President. How else is he going to be removed from office before 2012? If that is not what the OP meant, he needs to clear up his language.
Impeach DUH!

Old 08-01-2009, 11:00 AM

17,389 posts, read 11,918,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
Now that things have started to turn good for President Obama...like the economy, the huge success of the C.A.R.S. program...even most of the Reps in the House voted to expand it. Looks like he will get health care done, something that this country has been trying for the last 50 years and he will get it done...the hate from the right will just became stronger...those dbags rather see this country fail than succeed the Obama way, i say F them. We had to put up with their way of doing things for the past 8 year and where did that get us? the worst economic meltdown in a long time...now all the sudden they want us to believe they have all the answers..that they too have a health care reform..well where the f was that health care reform from 2000 to 2006 when they had total control...why are they now bitching about spending when the last 3 Republican presidents are pretty much responsible for most of our debt..so all the sudden they got the answers for that too... Bush cut taxes for the rich, it was all great...Obama cuts taxes for 95% of Americans..its a wasteful spending..
Delusion with a capital D. I think we need to not rush into thinking that things are starting to turn good for Obama. Unemployment is still through the roof, inflation is a very real possibility, and we still have that pesky government debt that our grandchildren will have to pay for. And I wouldn't call Cash for Clunkers a success. I think we should wait more than 4 days to decide whether it helped the economy or not. And they voted to give it more money because they ran out - will the same happen for the healthcare plan? And as for that being a sure thing - again, you might want to wait and see until after the August break, when politicans return to their home districts and see what most of the voters think of the plan. And lastly, the last president is responsible for more debt in 6 months than the last 3 combined.

I don't want this country to fail, but I don't want the Obama way - redistribution of wealth, mandatory government-run healthcare, government-run private companies, and killing small businesses are NOT the way to run a country.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:00 AM

639 posts, read 1,140,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Wow. One sentence about what Democrat activists have pointed out about Scott Rasmussen.

Why didn't you include this part of the wiki entry:

He has been called “one of America’s most innovative pollsters” by commentator Michael Barone.[citation needed] Rasmussen Reports polls are notable for their use of automated public opinion polling, involving pre-recorded telephone inquiries.[4] These types of polls have been shown[citation needed] to produce accurate results at low cost, although some traditional pollsters are skeptical of this methodology and prefer traditional, operator-assisted polling techniques.[5] Polls by Rasmussen Reports are cited regularly by most major news sources, and as a guest analyst Rasmussen has appeared on a number of news broadcasts, including the Fox News Channel, the BBC, CNN, NPR, and CNBC.
A Fordham University analysis ranked Rasmussen Reports as the most accurate national polling firm in Election 2008.[6]
Reports by Slate Magazine and The Wall Street Journal found that Rasmussen Reports was one of the most accurate polling firms for the 2004 United States presidential election and 2006 United States general elections. [7][8]
Rasmussen Reports conducted the polls featured on the CBS game show Power of 10.
Because the Demopukes will only quote what works for them. America is waking up....that's not good news for the liberals.....

Old 08-01-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
If they do keep Guantanamo open, I trust there'll be better supervision and Im sure that trials will move ahead apace.
I am seriously not making fun of you and the Obamatrons but it must seriously suck to see your leader completely go against so much of what he campaigned on.

And before you bring up Bush, I did not vote for him.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:08 AM

They don't care, they are blind partisan sheep, little Obamabots. Their pride would never let them admit that have been had. Funny, but real sad too!

Old 08-01-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Maddow fan? Who knew. Dont you love that she -- Olbermann too -- will get after Obama and Democrats if they think they're going wrong? Unlike the right wing's "pundits."

In this case I think she's making an unreasonable and faux-naive complaint, though. There *is* a GIGANTIC difference between Bush's forget-em standard and what Obama is trying to work out, which I think everyone can agree is uncharted territory.

"I want to be very clear that our goal is to construct a legitimate legal framework for Guantanamo detainees - not to avoid one. In our constitutional system, prolonged detention should not be the decision of any one man. If and when we determine that the United States must hold individuals to keep them from carrying out an act of war, we will do so within a system that involves judicial and congressional oversight."

He explains exactly and clearly what the dilemma is, and what the Obama DoJ is aiming for in creating a new legal framework to handle a new legal problem.

Do you disagree that this needs to be accomplished?

Here:

Transcript Of President Obama’s Speech About Guantánamo And Terrorism, May 21, 2009 | Andy Worthington
Who would have thought Rachel would get it so right. Too bad she is more honest than the Obamatrons. Maybe there is hope for her. At this rate she will be on Fox in a year.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:13 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,924,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
Now that things have started to turn good for President Obama...

Obama is setting the civil rights efforts back 100 years. America never let another black man into office after his impeachment or his term ends.
Thanks a lot America! sarcasm intended.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:18 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,474,961 times
Quote:
Maddow fan? Who knew. Dont you love that she -- Olbermann too -- will get after Obama and Democrats if they think they're going wrong? Unlike the right wing's "pundits."

In this case I think she's making an unreasonable and faux-naive complaint, though. There *is* a GIGANTIC difference between Bush's forget-em standard and what Obama is trying to work out, which I think everyone can agree is uncharted territory.

"I want to be very clear that our goal is to construct a legitimate legal framework for Guantanamo detainees - not to avoid one. In our constitutional system, prolonged detention should not be the decision of any one man. If and when we determine that the United States must hold individuals to keep them from carrying out an act of war, we will do so within a system that involves judicial and congressional oversight."

He explains exactly and clearly what the dilemma is, and what the Obama DoJ is aiming for in creating a new legal framework to handle a new legal problem.

Do you disagree that this needs to be accomplished?

Here:

Transcript Of President Obama’s Speech About Guantánamo And Terrorism, May 21, 2009 | Andy Worthington
Really hit a nerve here, lol!

Old 08-01-2009, 11:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,064,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I am seriously not making fun of you and the Obamatrons but it must seriously suck to see your leader completely go against so much of what he campaigned on.

And before you bring up Bush, I did not vote for him.
seriously?

I already answered nightflight's points about...I guess you're talking about "prolonged detention."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies