Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:22 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,064,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Really hit a nerve here, lol!
? No. Rachel's wrong here. Obama is doing what must be done to get lawful trials accomplished.

and now that I think of it, this is ANOTHER insane mess he inherited from the Bush Admin: develop an entirely new set of legislation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 11:26 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,474,961 times
Quote:
Maddow fan? Who knew. Dont you love that she -- Olbermann too -- will get after Obama and Democrats if they think they're going wrong? Unlike the right wing's "pundits."
Are you for real? Bush was slammed for the stimulus! Nice generalization though.

Quote:
In this case I think she's making an unreasonable and faux-naive complaint, though. There *is* a GIGANTIC difference between Bush's forget-em standard and what Obama is trying to work out, which I think everyone can agree is uncharted territory.
Vague.....unsupported.........

Quote:
"I want to be very clear that our goal is to construct a legitimate legal framework for Guantanamo detainees - not to avoid one. In our constitutional system, prolonged detention should not be the decision of any one man. If and when we determine that the United States must hold individuals to keep them from carrying out an act of war, we will do so within a system that involves judicial and congressional oversight."
Time will tell, time will tell. Still, detaining people who haven't actually committed a crime is so.......Officer Crowley!

Quote:
He explains exactly and clearly what the dilemma is, and what the Obama DoJ is aiming for in creating a new legal framework to handle a new legal problem.

Do you disagree that this needs to be accomplished?
I'm not sure. The libertarian in me hates the idea of people who haven't committed a crime being held indefinitely; but I don't want a mushroom cloud over Manhattan either. So to be honest, I don't know. I really don't know.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:26 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,717,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Wow. One sentence about what Democrat activists have pointed out about Scott Rasmussen.

Why didn't you include this part of the wiki entry:

He has been called “one of America’s most innovative pollsters” by commentator Michael Barone.[citation needed] Rasmussen Reports polls are notable for their use of automated public opinion polling, involving pre-recorded telephone inquiries.[4] These types of polls have been shown[citation needed[/b]] to produce accurate results at low cost, although some traditional pollsters are skeptical of this methodology and prefer traditional, operator-assisted polling techniques.[5] Polls by Rasmussen Reports are cited regularly by most major news sources, and as a guest analyst Rasmussen has appeared on a number of news broadcasts, including the Fox News Channel, the BBC, CNN, NPR, and CNBC.
A Fordham University analysis ranked Rasmussen Reports as the most accurate national polling firm in Election 2008.[6]
Reports by Slate Magazine and The Wall Street Journal found that Rasmussen Reports was one of the most accurate polling firms for the 2004 United States presidential election and 2006 United States general elections. [7][8]
Rasmussen Reports conducted the polls featured on the CBS game show Power of 10.
Take a look at the points that need citations. Care to provide them?

Old 08-01-2009, 11:34 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,064,536 times
Quote:
Are you for real? Bush was slammed for the stimulus! Nice generalization though.
I didnt know that, but now that you mention it, that must have been around the time the RNC put out the word and Faux et al. started disassociating themselves from him, calling him "actually a liberal."

Quote:
Time will tell, time will tell. Still, detaining people who haven't actually committed a crime is so.......Officer Crowley![

I'm not sure. The libertarian in me hates the idea of people who haven't committed a crime being held indefinitely; but I don't want a mushroom cloud over Manhattan either. So to be honest, I don't know. I really don't know.
Well, think about it. I'd like to know what you decide.

Isnt it EXCELLENT that they're stepping up and figuring out what to do, legally? They're not whining or pushing it off to the next hapless admin, they're getting the job done. That should prove to you your earlier contention was wrong: Obama absolutely intends to uphold the principles of the US.

In eight years this never crossed the minds of the Bush Admin.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:55 AM

271 posts, read 250,253 times
Tom again you spin it out of reality, The housing crisus was created by wall street corruption spurred on by the deregulation of the Reagan era. As Wall Street sold off its bundled housing securitys, and when they ran out of real triple A securitys they created sub prime securitys rebundled as AAA and did not have to fear governemnt because of the self policing that was caused by deregulation of that retard Reagan. as the securitys sold over seas became insolvent the collapse came down like a house of cards. Nice try to spin, but you are just puking back what Limbaugh told you, I bet you are fixed on the spot on Obamas birth cert. too. I can just hear you "he is not an American citizen" LMAO

Old 08-01-2009, 11:59 AM

First of Tom, the "wrong path" as you put it is the nut job 20% right wing Palin followers, second we will be evaluation Bush long after you are dead and gone. His legacy will undoubtedly have a neg. impact on the world for many years to come. If the nut jobs like Hannity have it their way they will rewrite history, you know, torture is really enhanced question asking. Oh and McCarthy really was just a good old boy who wanted to find communism in the USA.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:02 PM

Tom or Hawkeye or hansen ever notice how only the nuts respond to your hate rants? Why don't you admit you just hate the fact your man lost the election, most likely Huckabee, an idiot who thinks that evolution never happened, but that a talking snake is real and that the earth is only 6k years old and that a sen. Citizen built a boat that housed all the animals. LMFAO. This is great how dumb can one gov. be.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:19 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,695,446 times
Quote:
"Although the Republicans and their so-called "Blue Dog" conservative Democrats claimed they oppose President Obama's health care plan because it would increase the nation's debt, the real reason is driven by racism and the fact that the majority who would benefit from health care reform are minorities, the poor and families burdened by uninsured health challenges."
Ray Hanania: Opposition to Obama Health Care Reform Driven by Racism Not Fear of Increasing Debt

That took 3 seconds to find. I guess though since I didn't find it on this forum it doesn't count, right?
Racism has lots to do with it. That is why when Obama incresed funding for Schip the Republicans had a hissy fit. The proof of that is in the fact that they left it as an option to the states to continue to bar the children of LEGAL immigrants from Schip. Although it cost the states virtually NOTHING to let LEGAL immigrant children into the program, the Republican states kept the ban in place just to show how "tough" they are on little Mexican children- who are here LEGALLY btw! What a bunch of pusses they are! They can pick on little Mexican kids but let them vote to cut funding for Medicare.. lets see them pick on some folks who can fight back! I dare them!

Old 08-01-2009, 01:25 PM

52,342 posts, read 34,099,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Only if he's being criticized because of his color, or if people are associating some cliched behavior with him because of his color, nightflight. No other time.
fantastically, hysterically, wrong.

from a thread from today, that you yourself posted in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Anyone who believes that crap is brain dead, hates America and Americans, hates so much that they'd rather destroy their own chances of affordable health care just to see Obama, the BLACK GUY fail,

YUP the RACE card because it couldn't be anything else but the huge hate that racists carry that would make them harm themselves just to see a black president fail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside
What is actually "mind boggling" is that YOU are playing the race card. It's the same tired canard...if I disagree with this administration obviously I'm a racist.
At least you can admit it. You're making progress.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:58 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,428,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
When you people question his citizenship and speak ill of his wife, it has gone far beyond policy differences. I could not STAND The Idiot (W) but I beg that you go through every post in my history here and you will not see ONE attacking his wife, his mother or questioning his citizenship in the United States. Not one.
When "you" people?!?!?!? Very nice. So I guess when YOU people ripped apart Bush that was not hate right? When YOU people ripped apart Palin that was not hate right? When YOU people ripped apart Chaney that was not hate right? Please YOU people are such a hypocrites.

I dare you to go through my posts and find where I quested Obama's citizenship or spoke ill of his wife. NEVER happen so don't "you" people me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies