Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 05:41 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Oh, that makes as much sense as telling a kid to ignore the bully. That puts the victim in charge of not only his own behavior but the bully's behavior too. And anyone who has ever been bullied knows goddam well that no bully ever went away because the victim attempted to ignore him. Instead, the bully became more empowered.

The whole birther phenomena would go away if the powers-that-be on the right told the birthers to put a sock in it and shut up, their crazy talk is an embarrassment.
Who has the most to gain by continuing the birther stories? Certainly not the right. Hell even Ann Coulter, the queen of cranks, has decried the birthers as a bunch of cranks. As soon as Freddie Med started to have problems the left wing bloggers started to increase the noise with the birther posts.

DailyKos found 23% of people polled question Obama's birth and that's supposed to serve to indict the GOP? Well more people (http://tinyurl.com/meayx6 - broken link) questioned Bush's re-election. (Reminder: Gore never led in FL. Ever.) If you want to see crazy just look left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 05:48 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,446,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
So, wanting the person that holds the highest office in the land to be truthful and respectful of the Constitution is racist and hateful?
Has the eligibility of any other elected President been questioned? I don't know the answer. If this is the first time, and this is the first non-white male elected President, well, racism and hate may indeed be factors.

Quote:
It doesn't seem to matter that the man who ran as the "transparent" candidate is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to hide his background.
Please provide a link to a source that gives some - any - details on the "hundreds of thousands of dollars."

Meanwhile, please see:

snopes.com: Barack Obama Birth Certificate

http://msgboard.snopes.com/politics/graphics/birth.jpg

FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

Quote:
The senate had a hearing on McCain's eligibility, why not Obama's? Because they didn't want to appear racist? What BS.
Actually, there's a legitimate constitutional question here that I don't believe has been fully resolved, and that is, does a "citizen" of the United States (something John McCain clearly is) mean the same as a "natural-born citizen (which John McCain may not be, since he clearly was not born in the United States). I don't know the answer to that, but I would have certainly accepted McCain as President had he been elected.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:49 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Who has the most to gain by continuing the birther stories? Certainly not the right. Hell even Ann Coulter, the queen of cranks, has decried the birthers as a bunch of cranks. As soon as Freddie Med started to have problems the left wing bloggers started to increase the noise with the birther posts.

DailyKos found 23% of people polled question Obama's birth and that's supposed to serve to indict the GOP? Well more people (http://tinyurl.com/meayx6 - broken link) questioned Bush's re-election so who are the cranks? (Reminder: Gore never led in FL. Ever.)
But "A whopping 58 percent of Republicans either think Barack Obama wasn’t born in the US (28 percent) or aren’t sure (30 percent). A mere 42 percent think he was." 58 percent of GOP not sure/doubt Obama born in US - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com That's what indicts the GOP.

Nice spin but I didn't fall for it.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:54 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,462,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Does anybody notice the difference? It is this that leads people to believe he is not telling the truth.

Great in depth article detailing why people think he plays fast and loose with his "history", what little of it we know.
Lets be honest, the birfers have been made a fool out of and are now trying to change the argument to save face. Just apologize and get it over with, quit embarrassing yourself.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:55 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,551 times
Quote:
But "A whopping 58 percent of Republicans either think Barack Obama wasn’t born in the US (28 percent) or aren’t sure (30 percent). A mere 42 percent think he was." 58 percent of GOP not sure/doubt Obama born in US - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com That's what indicts the GOP.

Nice spin but I didn't fall for it.
And McCain was born in Panama. He's still a citizen and qualifed. Sorry, you guys own this whole birther dust up and it's back firing.

I'm off to dinner but I'll be back later to tutor you further.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:56 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times
No matter where he was born he still sucks and is still ruining our country.

And that is a fact that the demwits in congress cannot make up a new law to protect a lie either.

There is nothing about anyone who wants solid proof of his birth that is hate at all.

Just like his College and HS records and not being able to find a single person who remembers him from those days smells fishy like everything else the man does.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Lets be honest, the birfers have been made a fool out of and are now trying to change the argument to save face. Just apologize and get it over with, quit embarrassing yourself.
And if you can't bring yourself to apologize, just stop talking about it. The more you say the worse it gets.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
And McCain was born in Panama. He's still a citizen and qualifed. Sorry, you guys own this whole birther dust up and it's back firing.

I'm off to dinner but I'll be back later to tutor you further.
Huh?

You misrepresent a poll then, when I correct you, you counter with a comment about McCain's citizenship, an issue never in question, as far as I'm concerned. But you are going to tutor me??? Ok....

Old 08-01-2009, 06:04 PM
emh

298 posts, read 851,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I have to ditto meson's response: Where've ya been, dude? They've moved way past calling him a Muslim. I think the next accusation will be that Obama is a pedophile. I seriously won't be surprised if they start to say that.
Ah, my friend...didn't you hear? He "may" be the anti-christ:

Obama isn't just Kenyan, he's also the Antichrist? - War Room - Salon.com

Old 08-01-2009, 06:08 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,413,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
No matter where he was born he still sucks and is still ruining our country.

And that is a fact that the demwits in congress cannot make up a new law to protect a lie either.

There is nothing about anyone who wants solid proof of his birth that is hate at all.

Just like his College and HS records and not being able to find a single person who remembers him from those days smells fishy like everything else the man does.
Well I think hes doing a great job with our country, so were even seeing as how its my opinion against your opinion. But then your opinion doesn't really get to count anymore now that this whole birther movement has been thrown right back in your face and has painted you as the ignorant hater that everyone knows you are.

Just apologize for making a mistake, thats really the only move you have left. You falsely accused someone of something, with absolutely no evidence to back it up, and were then proved wrong. Now is the part where you say sorry.

Quote:
Huh?

You misrepresent a poll then, when I correct you, you counter with a comment about McCain's citizenship, an issue never in question, as far as I'm concerned. But you are going to tutor me??? Ok....
McCain's citizenship WAS an issue in question, until OBAMA said that it was irrelevant and brushed it aside. You know, the actual mature thing to do... lol what am I saying? of course you don't know what the mature thing to do is.. youre a birther!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies