Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 04:55 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,628,968 times

Advertisements

Please spend atleast a few minutes of each day during the next month-while they're in recess...and email your local reps! Protesting the current bill as it is!! Tell them that you're a constituent and are livid!

Tell them to further include the gop's in this bill and that it needs to be fairly bipartisan!!!

Thank you!

This will help...i've been hearing that the current slight backing down and delay in passing this thing, is attributed to the public outcry that has been getting louder!

It will help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 04:57 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,746,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
Please spend atleast a few minutes of each day during the next month-while they're in recess...and email your local reps! Protesting the current bill as it is!! Tell them that you're a constituent and are livid!

Tell them to further include the gop's in this bill and that it needs to be fairly bipartisan!!!

Thank you!

This will help...i've been hearing that the current slight backing down and delay in passing this thing, is attributed to the public outcry that has been getting louder!

It will help!
I emailed David Scott and told him to pass it! We have compromised enough on it. And it doesn't have to be bi partisan. We have the votes to do it without allowing the Republicans to murder the bill.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I emailed David Scott and told him to pass it! We have compromised enough on it. And it doesn't have to be bi partisan. We have the votes to do it without allowing the Republicans to murder the bill.
Not with the blue dog Dems.
And um, this thread was directed to the conservatives on here. Not you.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
Not with the blue dog Dems.
And um, this thread was directed to the conservatives on here. Not you.

The Democrats have 30 more votes than are needed (218) to pass legislation in the House, with a total of 248 Democratic members. The BD number is about 52 of those. So we need about half of them and more than that number have said they support the new compromise bill. Because there are a handful of Republicans that will hop on board. It can pass.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:20 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,902,272 times
I'm not against healthcare reform, in fact I am all for it, but I don't like this particular version. For those of you that want to make your voice heard, go to the following link and join the nearly 1 million people that have already voted against this bill.

Free Our Health Care Now Online Petition

Old 08-02-2009, 05:23 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,902,272 times
Quote:
The Democrats have 30 more votes than are needed (218) to pass legislation in the House, with a total of 248 Democratic members. The BD number is about 52 of those. So we need about half of them and more than that number have said they support the new compromise bill. Because there are a handful of Republicans that will hop on board. It can pass.
It won't happen; the bill is losing support by the day Kev.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I'm not against healthcare reform, but I don't like this particular version. For those of you that want to make your voice heard, go to the following link.

Free Our Health Care Now Online Petition

Nobody likes this "particular version". That is what makes it good. Because there are so many different interest in healthcare, there is no way to craft a version that everybody likes. I personally think the thing is too conservative but I will go along because it meets the basic requirements.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:28 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,927,141 times
Quote:
The bill should be murdered. We need health insurance reform not government run health care.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:35 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,284,375 times
Quote:
You don't have the votes. Now the liberal wing of your party which includes the Black Caucus, the Progressive Black Caucus and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus wrote a letter to Nancy Pelosi saying they would reject such a bill if it was presented as it is today. They feel that too many concessions were made but the one in particular was the ability for the Govt. Option's reimbursement rates can be negotiated as opposed to be set according to Medicare rates. The Liberal Wing doesn't like that and it opposes Obama's desires because physicians can negotiate rates up or else not see those patients.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
The bill should be murdered. We need health insurance reform not government run health care.
You are 10x smarter than these other folks, even our President.
Exactly, 'insurance' reform is needed, NOT govt control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies