Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 12:54 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,413,001 times

Advertisements

Man you repubs like to make mountains out of molehills. I don't know if you realized it, but Obama invited both of those men over to the white house for a drink... But he wasn't the one helping Gates down so obviously he doesn't give a **** about anyone but himself. As if Obama has to help every old lady cross the street, every mom in the world bring in the groceries, and tell every single American "god bless you" after they sneeze or else he is a piece of **** who doesn't care about America or Americans. Great logic there guys.

The real idea I get from this picture is that these two men were feuding viciously in the not to distant past, and Obama healed the wounds by inviting them over for a beer to discuss things rationally. Thats called "diplomacy", something you republicans wouldn't know about, seeing as how the first reaction you have is to invade and bomb the hell out of someone (Iraq)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 02:33 PM

369 posts, read 963,777 times
Who's a Rebublician ? Not me.

As for "two men were feuding viciously in the not to distant past" One was a man doing his job, the other was not cooperating.

The Chosen One somehow deceided to get involved and to use his own words "Acted stupidly".

Don't know how Palin got involved in this but frankly speaking she's no better than any of the current clowns currently in office.

The Chosen One had his photo op and then blew it.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtwigg View Post
Who's a Rebublician ? Not me.

As for "two men were feuding viciously in the not to distant past" One was a man doing his job, the other was not cooperating.

The Chosen One somehow deceided to get involved and to use his own words "Acted stupidly".

Don't know how Palin got involved in this but frankly speaking she's no better than any of the current clowns currently in office.

The Chosen One had his photo op and then blew it.
O so you were there? You know exactly what happened at Gates' residence? Didn't think so.

And I don't see any democrats calling Obama "the chosen one", only republicans, so you're only further reinforcing your image as a republican.

And regardless of what happened with Gates getting arrested, these men WERE feuding viciously and then they had a beer with Obama, and we get the photo op of Crowley helping Gates down the stairs, so it appears Obama's beer summit was a success... How exactly is this bad for Obama? Lol did you expect him to shove Crowley down so he could be the one helping him down the stairs?

Man these Rs just don't quit. Won't give up on the birther scam, won't admit that Obama healed the wounds between crowley and gates, won't admit that this economy is Bush's fault, basically they won't do anything but complain.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:55 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,977,808 times
Why do you think the Repubs chose the Elephant as their mascot?

The Elephant produce more sheeeat than any animal on earth!

Old 08-02-2009, 02:56 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,837,634 times
Yes the cop is such a racist he is the one helping the black man down the stairs while the friend of the black man also black walks ahead of him.

lol @ Obama cares about others but its the " racist" cop helping him down the stairs and Gates should come out and say sorry for calling that man a racist

Old 08-02-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Man you repubs like to make mountains out of molehills. I don't know if you realized it, but Obama invited both of those men over to the white house for a drink... But he wasn't the one helping Gates down so obviously he doesn't give a **** about anyone but himself. As if Obama has to help every old lady cross the street, every mom in the world bring in the groceries, and tell every single American "god bless you" after they sneeze or else he is a piece of **** who doesn't care about America or Americans. Great logic there guys.

The real idea I get from this picture is that these two men were feuding viciously in the not to distant past, and Obama healed the wounds by inviting them over for a beer to discuss things rationally. Thats called "diplomacy", something you republicans wouldn't know about, seeing as how the first reaction you have is to invade and bomb the hell out of someone (Iraq)
Really who is it that went on and on and on about how this cop was a racist?

LOL @ Obama healed the wounds. OMG There is no level you all wont sink to in order to make excuses for Obama.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,455,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtwigg View Post
Found this on another forum and thought I'd share;

This link is safe for work, however it may offend some.

Amazing how some folks relax and let their guard down when they think there aren't any cameras around , eh ?
Or maybe Obama offered his help, and Crowley said, "No, I got it..." and that was that...? If anything, I would have been 'suspicious' if I saw Obama helping Gates at every opportunity.

Or maybe some people are reading too much in the photo and looking for substance to their personal gripes where none is to be found.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:27 PM

lol If he is really a racist he wouldnt have said any of that about no I got it lol

The excuses man.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Really who is it that went on and on and on about how this cop was a racist?

LOL @ Obama healed the wounds. OMG There is no level you all wont sink to in order to make excuses for Obama.
Did you even read my post? Gates was the one who went on and on about how the cop was racist, and the cop unjustly arrested him. They were feuding, even in the newspapers they were arguing. Then Obama had them sit down with him and have a beer and discuss the issue. The men then got over it, and there was even a picture of the officer helping the elderly man down the stairs. How in the world does Obama need an excuse for this? What exactly am I excusing?

There is no level you all won't sink to in order to try and insult the President.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,647,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Or maybe some people are reading too much in the photo and looking for substance to their personal gripes where none is to be found.
Ding ding ding!

People look at an image and see what they want to see. It applies to real-life photographs as well as works of art.

I discredit anyone who looks at the picture and says, "Aha! Obama is a racist!" If they're not nuts or delusional, they're at least irrational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies