Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 06:15 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times

Advertisements

I for one think that executing child molestors would be a just reward for the crimes they committed.
I am not surprised by any bill that comes out of DC. After all there are a lot of pedophiles that have not been caught. ie votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 06:15 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsomeItalian007 View Post
It's funny how people resort to little slide cheap shots the bill isn't false call your local senators I'm very upset about this I'm sure this is a touchy subject for many people!

There's numbers of some democrat senators that still haven't voted yet, you can call and speak to them regarding this bill!
Have you even read the bill? I have and there is NOTHING in there that would "protect pedophiles"!

Old 08-03-2009, 06:16 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The fact that people get more worked up about pedophiles than murderers tells me that we live in a paranoid society that is totally freaked out by sexuality.

Kids are killed on a regular basis, which is very sad, but there's hardly ever a reaction to that. Say the word "pedophile", however, and look out! The guns come out and people are ready to start shooting!
Wtf?! Pedophilia is not about sexuality. Sexuality is benign and in fact beneficial when expressed between two consenting adults.
Pedophilia is not benign nor beneficial. It is rape - or do you consider that 'sexuality' too?

As to your analogy of 'kids die everyday', ugh. Yes, they do. But rape adds a special circumstance to their murder much like when an adult is abducted raped and murdered. It made their last hours alive especially painful and scary. Unless you think that children should just lay back and enjoy it if rape is inevitable? The fact that you refuse to differentiate between adult consential sex and rape is quite disturbing.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:32 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,672,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsomeItalian007 View Post
Like it or not "LIBERALS" try to deny it TRY TO SWEEP IT UNDER THE RUG of the 547 types of sexually deviant behaviors one is "PEDOPHILIA" I CALLED SENATORS EVEN A DEMOCRAT SENATOR ADMITTED TO ME THAT "PEDOPHILIA" is one of the types of sexual deviants on the bill!
i've read the bill, it does not list 547 types of sexually deviant behaviors. in fact it doesn't list any. the blog you took your info from took the american psychiatric association's list of possible sexually deviant behaviors and said that they all apply to the term "sexual preference". the blog doesn't even define them correctly.

what senator admitted that to you? and in what context?

Old 08-03-2009, 06:34 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,672,917 times
here's the bill, read it for yourself.

Text of S.909 as Introduced in Senate: Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

it even has handy internal links so you can link me to the specific passage that says it protects pedophiles.

Last edited by groar; 08-03-2009 at 06:54 AM..

Old 08-03-2009, 06:42 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
i've read the bill, it does not list 547 types of sexually deviant behaviors. in fact it doesn't list any. the blog you took your info from took the american psychiatric association's list of possible sexually deviant behaviors and said that they all apply to the term "sexual preference". the blog doesn't even define them correctly.

what senator admitted that to you? and in what context?
The poster you are replying to is a liar, plain and simple. The bill is short and easy to read and does not in any way list that.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:46 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
You are sadly confusing two very different issues. We DO NOT have adequate laws right now for the crime of molestation of a child, that is a FACT. What we tell our children has nothing to do with laws to protect them.
Really? Making molestation a crime, aggressively pursuing those we believe have committed that crime, prosecuting and imprisoning them, in some cases (killing the child in a state with the death penalty) putting them to death is 'not enough'? And, sorry, but what we tell our children has much much more to do with protecting them than prosecuting the molester after the fact. Too many parents don't have any kind of discussion with their children about inappropriate touching or staying away from strangers. Too many parents don't make sure their children understand that they should report such actions. Too many parents simply don't want to think that it could ever happen to THEIR child. And, without those discussions, too many children don't feel comfortable reporting things when they do happen. Or they do mention to Mom that "Uncle Floyd" or step father or grandpa touched them inappropriately (or even actually went farther than touching) and Mom accuses them of lying. What we tell our children and what they assimilate from our own attitudes can make all the difference in the world as to how protected our children really are.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:38 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think the country is childcentric, EVERYTHING is about "the children". Now, as a parent I'm all for protecting kids, but I also know that you can only do so much before things start to become seriously out of whack for the rest of us. And even then some kids are going to be hurt by bad people. You can't stop that. Not with rules, regulations, or death penalties.

We need REASONABLE deterents and punishments for those who would harm children.
I believe that when children are sexually abused they do experience a death - not of their body, but of their spirit. Accounts of those who have been molested as children very often reveal that the childhood abuse has left them unable to 'feel' and/or to form meaningful relationships. Their lives are ruined and they are never what they would have been.

There is no cure for pedophilia - it is a sickness that is hardwired into the offender. There is no politically correct way of dealing with those who would prey on children. It is not acceptable to me that they "serve their time" and then be released back into society. They should either be locked away forever, or put to death.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:42 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I believe that when children are sexually abused they do experience a death - not of their body, but of their spirit. Accounts of those who have been molested as children very often reveal that the childhood abuse has left them unable to 'feel' and/or to form meaningful relationships. Their lives are ruined and they are never what they would have been.
Please. If it happens before the kid is two or three years old, he won't even remember it.

Quote:
There is no cure for pedophilia - it is a sickness that is hardwired into the offender. There is no politically correct way of dealing with those who would prey on children. It is not acceptable to me that they "serve their time" and then be released back into society. They should either be locked away forever, or put to death.
The conservative mantra: No redemption, no rehabilitation, and no thinking required. Just lock 'em up or kill 'em.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:46 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The conservative mantra: No redemption, no rehabilitation, and no thinking required. Just lock 'em up or kill 'em.
I think that poster is a liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies