Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 04:54 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
You mean 'liar'?

How so? Do health insurance companies not deny people based on pre-existing conditions?

He's THAT too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 04:58 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
I probably dislike John Stossel more than you dislike Michael Moore.
The guy is such a prick.
I've watched pieces of his over the last years and i find him shallow and not very sharp.
I couldn't view the u-tube clip ... too much traffic or my connection sucks.
Then you need to find a better connection and watch somewhere else.
Typical response.

I didn't ask you if you liked Stossel. Did you watch the video? How about Moore going to his own "private" physcian" for himself?? Private health care that he hates!!???

Please address the facts. All you did was say that you didn't like Stossel.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:02 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Moore is just another 'shock jock' using video instead of radio.
Stressing the worst in one side of an issue without balancing it at all with the other side.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:33 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
The only problem with M Moore is that he tells the truth and Americans don't want to hear the truth.

The major drawback of any universal healthcare system is something our leaders fail to acknowledge and that is the lack of family practice physicians. There is a huge shortage of MD's and if overnight everyone has healthcare instead of making appointments for next week you will be lucky to get an appointment for next year.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:31 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,904 times
I particularly enjoyed the part in Sicko where Moore spends the last 40 minutes of the film taking a group of people, by boat, to Cuba for their superior healthcare. All the people crying in confusion of how it could be so much more compassionate and of such higher quality.

The only problem is that earlier in the film, Moore showed the World Health Organization's list of countries ranked by the quality of the healthcare that they provide.
37. U.S.A.
38. Cuba

Oooopps!

Old 08-04-2009, 07:02 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
I particularly enjoyed the part in Sicko where Moore spends the last 40 minutes of the film taking a group of people, by boat, to Cuba for their superior healthcare. All the people crying in confusion of how it could be so much more compassionate and of such higher quality.

The only problem is that earlier in the film, Moore showed the World Health Organization's list of countries ranked by the quality of the healthcare that they provide.
37. U.S.A.
38. Cuba

Oooopps!

well...it was actually Gitmo they were going to...They were not seeking Cuban medical treatment. They were seeking the same free medical treatment offered to terror detainees at that American naval base. When they were ingnored, they went to Havanna Hospital... Where they received all the studies, tests, MRI's, Xrays and meds for free....Don't you remember? One of the ladies received a few $135.00 Inhalers for a NICKLE each?

Doesn't it make you wonder why we pay $135.00 for and Atrovent inhaler when other countries offer them for .05 cents?

How sad. Al Qaeda members at Gitmo get flawless health coverage while the people who spent weeks at ground zero recovering our own get NOTHING. Not even any compensation for the injuries they suffered while uncovering our loved ones... disgusting.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:12 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
What is happening to a lot of the first responders here in NY is disgusting. No insurance and no treatment for injuries they received on 9/11. It's just horrible.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:24 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
What is happening to a lot of the first responders here in NY is disgusting. No insurance and no treatment for injuries they received on 9/11. It's just horrible.
I know...You would think the government would have at least bought them policies for what they did...JUst so they can receive treatment for ailments they are suffering as a direct result of walking around ground zero for weeks...

As the members of Al Qaeda get routine colonoscopies and physicals at Gitmo...FREE OF CHARGE. The healthcare/patient ratio there (at Gitmo) is 1/4. That is way better then any hospital in this country!

The asshats who were responsible for 9/11 are at Gitmo getting free American medical care and our hero's from 9/11 get nada.

What is wrong with that picture?

Old 08-04-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
well...it was actually Gitmo they were going to...They were not seeking Cuban medical treatment. They were seeking the same free medical treatment offered to terror detainees at that American naval base. When they were ingnored, they went to Havanna Hospital... Where they received all the studies, tests, MRI's, Xrays and meds for free....Don't you remember? One of the ladies received a few $135.00 Inhalers for a NICKLE each?

Doesn't it make you wonder why we pay $135.00 for and Atrovent inhaler when other countries offer them for .05 cents?

How sad. Al Qaeda members at Gitmo get flawless health coverage while the people who spent weeks at ground zero recovering our own get NOTHING. Not even any compensation for the injuries they suffered while uncovering our loved ones... disgusting.
Thank you for the correction. That wasn't the point though.

As far as the inhaler incident goes: I believe that that scene wasn't staged about as far as I can throw Michael Moore over my shoulder.
Do you actually think that Moore and his group were there freely milling about the countryside asking questions and visiting the state run hospitals without Cuban governmental handlers as the film would have you believe? He never showed any evidence of oversight. What else was he or wasn't he showing us?

And if things are as wonderful in France as the film leads us to believe then why has France recently voted in a Conservative president who has vowed to roll back many of these entitlements.
Why on Earth would the French do this???

Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
LHSFNA: Feds Expand Health Coverage for 9/11 Victims

Of course too little too late but at least some help is occurring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies