Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 11:00 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,599,064 times

Advertisements

The Democratic healh care plan costs money. The Republican plan costs lives. Take your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 11:03 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,816,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Democratic healh care plan costs money. The Republican plan costs lives. Take your choice.
Nice soundbite but it is a lie.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:10 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,519,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Okay lets go back to the beginning.

What do you want to happen in regards to healthcare and how do you want it implemented?
I want a body like Beyonce and the only way i can implement that is to come back as Beyonce...
Come on, What I want is for both sides to stop acting like children and do their damn Job...Both sides are playing games and have the public playing right along with them.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:14 AM

That isn't really an answer.

I would of course like to pay less(although to be honest I don't pay much now...) and I do realise in the hopefully very near future we will be having to buy our own insurance...so you would think I would support a program that spreads the cost over others even if they aren't participating.

But I just KNOW how poorly gov. run programs are so I have no doubts once the fedgov. is in control of healthcare it will be awful.

There is also the matter of no other nation having a system that actually works,at least from what I have found.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:17 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,624,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The Republicans have endorsed the AMA plan which consist of hiring Dick Armey to bus in goons to disrupt any intelligent discussion of the subject

Old 08-04-2009, 11:22 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,043,617 times
I said this before. The Republican health care plan is modeled on Marie Antoinette's feed the poor program.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:26 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,599,064 times
Judging by this thread intellignt discussion is nearly impossible because ideology trumps economics. If we all believe that sick people should be provided with the necessary care then the argument become centered on who pays. At this point the Republicans are saying "Not me" and the Democrats are saying "everybody pays something".

If we do not believe that every sick person should be treated and that care should be rationed by the ability to pay then I simply dismiss that believer as inhumanely selfish and beyong consideration.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:41 AM

I believe you will discover that in almost EVERY UHC system there is a significant portion of the population who do not pay...making others carry their weight as it were.

To find this a good thing is beyond reasoning with...

I find the use of the term 'rationing' interesting.Because in almost all UHC systems the rationing of care is used as a budgetary measure...in other words,the gov. decides who gets treatment and who will....die.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:43 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,519,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
That isn't really an answer.

I would of course like to pay less(although to be honest I don't pay much now...) and I do realise in the hopefully very near future we will be having to buy our own insurance...so you would think I would support a program that spreads the cost over others even if they aren't participating.

But I just KNOW how poorly gov. run programs are so I have no doubts once the fedgov. is in control of healthcare it will be awful.

There is also the matter of no other nation having a system that actually works,at least from what I have found.

I'm glad you recognized thats not a answer, which is what we've been getting from WASHINGTON ALL ALONG.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I'm glad you recognized thats not a answer, which is what we've been getting from WASHINGTON ALL ALONG.
So what is YOUR answer?

This isn't rocket surgery....I am interested to know what you want in regards to health care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies