Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the birthers apologize?
Yes 40 46.51%
No 46 53.49%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:25 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times

Advertisements

I'd prefer that the birthers keep talking, shout it from the roof tops, in fact! And it will be smooth sailing for the non-Republican candidates in 2010 and 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 07:31 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I'd like to see a real birth certificate. Since Obama has chosen to spend a great deal of money on lawyers rather than produce it, it's reasonable to assume he is and was ineligible. No other presidential candidate in the history of the country has ever done what Obama has done.
The birth certificate you saw is a legal document, usable in court. And where did you get the idea Obama spent a great deal of money on any of this? Find me a source that says Obama spent any money PLEASE.

No other president in the history of this country has been accused of not being a US citizen, where do you come up with this logic?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:35 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
I'd like to see a real birth certificate. Since Obama has chosen to spend a great deal of money on lawyers rather than produce it, it's reasonable to assume he is and was ineligible. No other presidential candidate in the history of the country has ever done what Obama has done.
It's been provided, and verified by both the state of Hawaii and the Republican governor.

Should the birthers apologize for this non sense or no?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:46 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I'd prefer that the birthers keep talking, shout it from the roof tops, in fact! And it will be smooth sailing for the non-Republican candidates in 2010 and 2012.
You're quite right. The non-republican, non-democrat parties should do well.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
I'll steal LML"s line and say "GroundHog Day"!

Old 08-03-2009, 08:01 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
The birth certificate you saw is a legal document, usable in court. And where did you get the idea Obama spent a great deal of money on any of this? Find me a source that says Obama spent any money PLEASE.

No other president in the history of this country has been accused of not being a US citizen, where do you come up with this logic?
Not to beat a dead horse, but anybody with a few minutes can download the responses Obama's lawyers have submitted to the various courts in response to the various lawsuits. In the Berg case, for example, they spent considerable time rebutting the lawsuit and the plaintiff's right to sue (sort of a jurisdiction issue) rather than refuting the allegation. I presume it cost something to put it together. Happy has a valid point with respect to the cost aspect. That is the most puzzling aspect of the whole case to me - just post the darn thing already.

One might have to believe that Obama enjoys making a few nutcases the face of the GOP for political gain.

PS, A few Democrats accused McCain of being ineligible. The Senate, in fact, clarified the law to ensure there was no issue with his place of birth and his eligibility. They did this because certain Democrats questioned his citizenship. Google it - this is from 2007

Senate Deals With McCain’s Citizenship

By Carl HulseIs he or isn’t he?
The Senate is expected to this week weigh in that Senator John McCain, Republican of Arizona, is in fact a natural-born American citizen, thus eligible to be president under the Constitution.
A nonbinding resolution trying to clarify the status of Mr. McCain is headed for the floor after the Judiciary Committee approved it last week.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
where does it say in that article that it was a democrat who brought it up?

if i recall correctly, one person brought suits against both obama AND mccain regarding their eligibility. was he a democrat or a republican?

meanwhile, the resolution declaring him a natural born citizen was sponsored by clinton and obama.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
if i recall correctly, one person brought suits against both obama AND mccain regarding their eligibility. was he a democrat or a republican?
found it myself, he was neither; he's the chairman of the american independent party. he's a crony of taitz's though.

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
The state of Hawaii VALIDATED he was born there, what time, what doctor, and what hospital is DOCUMENTED.

I'm seeing the silver lining in the "birther" movement, it is revealing how appallingly ignorant many people in this country are, and how they can so easily suspend any type of critical thinking skills.

4,104 posts, read 5,309,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
where does it say in that article that it was a democrat who brought it up?

meanwhile, the resolution declaring him a natural born citizen was sponsored by clinton and obama.

Democrat against both. Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies