Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 06:50 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Even though all economic indicators suggest that things beginning to improve, the right wing media seems to be ratcheting up the propagana and lies about Obama's policies (for example, completely misinterpreting a small section of the bill as "death care").

Followers are crashing town hall meetings and basically getting whipped into a frenzy like they were during the campaign when they were yelling things like "terrorist" and "kill him" at rallies before the McCain campaign stepped back on the rhetoric that was whipping people into such a frenzy.

One heavily armed woman scouted out a military base to plan a terrorist attack against it because Glenn Beck convinced her it was a FEMA camp.

I realize Clinton faced the same irrational fear before going down as one of the most successful presidents, but I'm increasingly concerned Obama won't survive long enough to reach that point.
Most of your post, particularly the part about crashing meetings, is eerily reminiscent of what the left did with Bush Jr. How many times did we see Code Pink disrupting events?

The bottom line is that there are idiots on both sides of the political fence, and because they're idiots, they get camera time. There are no more or less on either side, and their numbers are very few.

If you really believe that Obama's in any more danger than any other President in modern history, then you're not really thinking things through very well. Personally, I think you were just looking for a reason to take a cheap shot at the right. It's your stock in trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 06:50 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I had a dream about this about a week ago. The image of the killer was so real though, it was an old, grey haired White hillbilly kind of guy wearing a flannel shirt with a shotgun. It reminded me so much of the movie "Easy Rider" when Dennis Hopper is killed by those rednecks when they are riding their bikes through Louisiana, pretty sad

A shotgun? Really? That's ridiculous.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:54 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
The public, both Democrat and Republican are becoming incensed over the reckless abandon of our congress and now congress is getting a huge backlash. Make no mistake, these people are not right wing hacks. I know several very liberal democrats that are quite upset with the crap that's trying to be forced down the american public's throats at a record pace. I think more people are angry at congress because without them, none of this stuff would get through. I'll bet Nancy Pelosi won't show her face at a town hall meeting.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:56 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The public, both Democrat and Republican are becoming incensed over the reckless abandon of our congress and now congress is getting a huge backlash. Make no mistake, these people are not right wing hacks. I know several very liberal democrats that are quite upset with the crap that's trying to be forced down the american public's throats at a record pace. I think more people are angry at congress because without them, none of this stuff would get through. I'll bet Nancy Pelosi won't show her face at a town hall meeting.
You cant post like this here. The hypnotized obamabots do not see this. They only see evil Republicans. Interesting how Republicans are the complete minority but the Obamatrons somehow blame them for congress' failures. The Democratic Congress has a 30% approval rate..30%.
Worse then W's when he left.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:04 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
so..... how many leftist protestors (or leftists period) killed people in incidents like these during the 8 years of the bush administration?

2 Shot Inside DC Holocaust Museum (http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/061009_2_shot_inside_dc_holocaust_museum - broken link)

3 Pittsburgh Police Officers Shot Dead; Alleged Gunman Arrested - Allegheny County News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

hell, the holocaust museum shooter is a birther! but that ideology's not dangerous at all, no....

during the clinton administration there was an armed right-wing militia movement (and the oklahoma city bombing, among other things). the militia rhetoric on right-wing radio is coming back; i'm not sure if the militias are. but some protestors overturning a dumpster is *totally* comparable!

and saying obama is in no more danger than bush completely ignores the fact that death threats have increased exponentially.

Last edited by groar; 08-04-2009 at 07:17 AM..

Old 08-04-2009, 07:04 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
This piece of SH*T is getting his ass handed to him and I love it.

YouTube - TIM BISHOP PROTEST, SETAUKET, NY (part one)

Old 08-04-2009, 07:14 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,939,818 times
Wow... they really did hand it to him on a platter.

It's funny how they talk about a "civil discussion", but then don't want others to speak. That's probably because when others speak, like the vetern did, right after this "representative" repeated the propaganda about the VA being a well run organization, they end up looking like Marie Antoinette... "let them eat cake"!!

And we all know what happened shortly after she uttered those famous words!

Old 08-04-2009, 08:12 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
WOW! people are pissed.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:27 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
As I'm reading it now what Obama claimed also came from that rally. As the article mentions I cited the only one that apparently heard it was the reporter. Just another clear example of the leftist media bias and in this case much worse as it was apparently made up.

YouTube - The Cost of Media Bias
Yeah, Obama lied during a debate as well as an interview and said McCain people were screaming "Kill him", I was at the rally and NO ONE screamed out "KILL HIM". The only screaming there was, was from some left nut job who was disrupting Palin and McCain's speeches. Of course there were also the Obama fans wearing their T shirts that said " Palin is a CUN%". But no Obama threats.

Just more of their lies.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:31 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,525 times
Quote:

YouTube - TIM BISHOP PROTEST, SETAUKET, NY (part one)
That "piece of SH*T" as you called him is a VET who put his A$$ on the line for you and this country. Did you hear him? He was arguing only because they are now trying to lie and say VA hospitals are successful. I would think a Vet should know better than anyone how a VA hospital is.

You are a disgrace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies