Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 04:33 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Yes, I've been worried about it for awhile.

The worst part is that when it does happen, or happens more than once, there will be a strong knee jerk reaction (the only kind America seems to have) and there will be a call to do something, which will probably lead to some kind of censorship because people can't censor themselves anymore. And we will have nobody to blame but ourselves for encourage these kinds of things and calling it "free speech".
agree. Nobody wants that.

Faux has probably been warned by the FCC that they need to tone it down... Rush too I'll bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 04:37 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Ironic that these guys who talk about the greatness of America have so little faith in it's resilience to withstand what they see as an assault on it, and transmit that pessimism on to their listeners who no longer believe in America anymore.
I think it's mostly the same crowd that cheered when Rick Perry talked about Texas leaving the union if they didn't get their way. They proclaim that they love America, but then if things don't go their way, they say they're leaving the union or that they're stockpiling guns for the revolution.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:38 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,055 times
The people who resort to violence and even personal verbal attacks are for the most part simply not intelligent enough to express their opinions effectively or they have serious emotional problems.

I think there are people like this in any group including the groups we define as liberal and conservative. What Beck says is good advice and should be said more often.

- Reel

Old 08-05-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
The people who resort to violence and even personal verbal attacks are for the most part simply not intelligent enough to express their opinions effectively or they have serious emotional problems.

I think there are people like this in any group including the groups we define as liberal and conservative. What Beck says is good advice and should be said more often.

- Reel
I think Beck, among all the Faux hosts, had to make this statement because his recent comments about Obama hating white people, being a racist etc. turned over a rock that let loose a swarm of monsters....his bosses had him say it. Not BillO, not Sean. Beck generates this sort of response.

what do you think?

Old 08-05-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think Beck, among all the Faux hosts, had to make this statement because his recent comments about Obama hating white people, being a racist etc. turned over a rock that let loose a swarm of monsters....his bosses had him say it. Not BillO, not Sean. Beck generates this sort of response.

what do you think?
Ah, edit...

The FCC wouldnt be involved in this. It's the sponsors.

Hahahahahahaha!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:57 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,416,361 times
Quote:
But here's what I don't get: Why does he even feel he has to regularly remind his viewers not to resort to violence? That tells me that a sizeable part of his audience is unstable and potentially dangerous, and that something he's saying is--dare I say it?--inciting them to think about getting violent.

I still say that if a commentator has to regularly say that to his audience, to remind them of Timothy McVeigh, then there's something horribly wrong with the picture.
why should it tell you that a seizable part of his audience would do something bad? He knows there are NUTS in this world that take things off kilter and do bad things because of something said. He does not want ONE person to ruin the movement that has been started and should be peaceful to get the maximum impact. ONE person that is a little skitzo can ruin the whole thing.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:59 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,416,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

what do you think?
so they went back in time, told Beck to say this many times even when bush was in office? wow, I did not know we had that technology yet

Old 08-05-2009, 10:47 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:
If he had to say that on his show, then he has no business on TV.
I don't know who is worse at stirring up the right wing lunatic fringe- Beck or Savage. They are both good at it.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:51 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,758,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It's only a matter of time before they become violent. Then Beck will sit back and ask why.
I hate to say it but you are probably right. I fully expect buildings to be blown up and people attacked as the lunatic Republcians are stirred to action by the reactionary AM radio host. There are many more where McVeigh came from. No doubt about it.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:56 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
I guess you haven't read the left wing wacko blogs lately. It's on both sides. Beck is giving good advice to both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies