Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:59 AM

683 posts, read 824,536 times

Advertisements

Nobody told me I should protest, I was ready to grab a pitchfork and head to Washington before it was mentioned on Beck's show. When they started shoving TARP down our throat.
I'm not an actor and I'm not being paid to be pissed off about the state of our economy and activities of our government. This also goes for the numerous working class contacts that I talk to every day throughout the construction industry. It's time for a change, kind of like what Obama was talking about in the campaign - "hope & change". Washington needs to be reminded of who they work for. We need to audit and possibly abolish the illegal / illegitimate entity known as The Federal Reserve. The politicians responsible for the housing crash should be strung up. These issues are more important to me than allowing the Gov. to take over and totally screw up health care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 07:13 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
No" to Obama Health Care Rallyists Will Attend 9-12-2009 Tea Party in Washington DC.

We are all fighting for the same things. 09.12.09 March on Washington | The Tea Party Movement Goes to Capitol Hill
Thanks for the info. How do we know it's legit? I remember Obama gathering people's cell phone numbers for his VP announcement and thereafter people were hit up for campaign donations.

I think I'd rather just show up.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:53 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Quote:
No" to Obama Health Care Rallyists Will Attend 9-12-2009 Tea Party in Washington DC.

We are all fighting for the same things. 09.12.09 March on Washington | The Tea Party Movement Goes to Capitol Hill
Right from the White House website, Obama-lovers are being called to be informants on those who disagree.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Get out your dictionary and look up "trilogy"!
Thanks for the corrective snipe.
I had meant to type "trinity"

Old 08-05-2009, 08:24 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Quote:
Right from the White House website, Obama-lovers are being called to be informants on those who disagree.
They are right to be insecure.
The radical policies and rhetoric emanating from the White House are hardly representitve of what the majority of Americans want to see.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:38 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
They are right to be insecure.
The radical policies and rhetoric emanating from the White House are hardly representitve of what the majority of Americans want to see.
The White House and the Obama-Lovers are just beginning to hear the truth.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:44 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:

Why cannot we liberals organize a counter demonstration?? I will go! I would love to get in the face of the nutcases and give them a few words of wisdom!

Old 08-05-2009, 10:50 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Why cannot we liberals organize a counter demonstration?? I will go! I would love to get in the face of the nutcases and give them a few words of wisdom!
You certainly have that right. I would urge you and them to keep it peaceful.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:10 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,409 times
Nutcases?? Because we don't want to destroy the best healthcare system in the world and initiate a system that has been a complete failure elsewhere? Because we don't wish to restrict the care given to the disabled and elderly? Because we wish to be the ones in control of our own healthcare? Doesn't sound nutty to me.

When Obama was running for president he encouraged his followers to "confront your friends and neighbors" and "get in their faces". When it's the opposition getting in his face all of a sudden it's a "mob" and "racist". His thug mentality can't accept being questioned or confronted.

Informed American citizens (on both sides of the aisle) will be there to confront the destructive policies of this administration.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:36 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
So Code Pink, Greenpeace, et al are legit and anyone else is a nutcase? The right to protest is only reserved for leftists? Where the f*ck do you think you live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies