Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 10:22 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
You think I'm joking, please press the below White House link before it is removed. For you Lefties, you can report me.

White House's Call For Informants: If You Oppose Obamacare, Even in ‘Casual Conversation,’ the White House Wants to Know About It

From the White House website: The White House - Blog Post - Facts Are Stubborn Things

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov
By the time obama is done with the whites in this country, it will make Stalin's years in the USSR seem like a picnic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
They already have access today. The Patriot Act gave it to them, if they wanted access.
But there is a good chance that you also gave them access.

Do you pay your taxes online? Do you get a direct deposit from any government agency (IRS/medicare/SS/Savings Bonds etc)?

You gave them access too.
Nope. Don't do any of this stuff.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:27 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
Funny that the Community Organizer in Chief is upset because communities are organizing at town hall meetings. Oh,the horror!

Old 08-05-2009, 10:30 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Sounds smart to me. Find out what rumors are going around and address them head on.
Oh you mean like HITLER!!!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 10:32 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
the real version, or the e-mail forward version?

i love how the right has turned "community organizer" into a dirty word.
The Tea Parties are community organizers...

Old 08-05-2009, 10:32 AM

628 posts, read 1,315,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Okay, you think something isnt right about.

What do you think the administration can do with this? If people only send a message through the website or e-mail about statements people are making, the only thing they can do is release material countering those statements with correct information.

Nothing more can be done with it. If you dont agree with doing this, then dont do it.
Perhaps you misunderstand me...I didnt mean to imply that there was a sinister motive by the administration...just that why do the citizens of this country need to inform the government about what false information is being spread over the internet, airways or otherwise. If the administration has an issue with false information being spread then they need to do their own homework and counter it with whatever information they deem to be true. Its not my "job" to keep my elected officials informed.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Okay, you think something isnt right about.

What do you think the administration can do with this? If people only send a message through the website or e-mail about statements people are making, the only thing they can do is release material countering those statements with correct information.

Nothing more can be done with it. If you dont agree with doing this, then dont do it.
Absolutely wrong. They can track the source down and then do whatever they want and knowing Chicago politics...I wouldn't put it past thuggish politicians like zero and rahm to try something to damage those people in some way.

And you know people will be copying and pasting and sending links...

The president has no business calling for citizens to be spies. If Bush did this the same people supporting this would be in a panic.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
From a friend of a friend I heard that Obama has contracted construction companies to build large confinement facilities (complete with barbed wire) to house all who oppose any of his policies. All the gates will have a large red star above them, just like the ones in Siberia. Hiring thugs as guards is probably part of his plan for employing the unemployed.
They are already here in America and every state has them.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:37 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Perhaps you misunderstand me...I didnt mean to imply that there was a sinister motive by the administration...just that why do the citizens of this country need to inform the government about what false information is being spread over the internet, airways or otherwise. If the administration has an issue with false information being spread then they need to do their own homework and counter it with whatever information they deem to be true. Its not my "job" to keep my elected officials informed.
Agree.

But what really confuses me is . . . the White House has continually said that the ultra right (such as Limbaugh) are disseminating the misinformation and that Fox News is the culprit.

So if that is the truth . . . then whatever is being spread around out there can be heard/viewed on TV and radio . . . so why would the Administration need to track down anything else? I mean, if all that is being spread stems directly from Fox News and Limbaugh and other of that ilk . . . then seems there is no need to ask for "tips" on rumors.

The White House's request for info on rumors implies that they think there are actually folks out there who may be coming up with ideas on their own. And that contradicts what they are saying pubicly - that it all comes from talking points from the ultra right who are very much in the public eye (and ear).

Old 08-05-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Agree.

But what really confuses me is . . . the White House has continually said that the ultra right (such as Limbaugh) are disseminating the misinformation and that Fox News is the culprit.

So if that is the truth . . . then whatever is being spread around out there can be heard/viewed on TV and radio . . . so why would the Administration need to track down anything else? I mean, if all that is being spread stems directly from Fox News and Limbaugh and other of that ilk . . . then seems there is no need to ask for "tips" on rumors.

The White House's request for info on rumors implies that they think there are actually folks out there who may be coming up with ideas on their own. And that contradicts what they are saying pubicly - that it all comes from talking points from the ultra right who are very much in the public eye (and ear).
He is trying to see just how far he can go with his power over his people. Just like Hitler start small and grow it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies