Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 01:17 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Slander and libel? Where does that rate with you?

Sounds to me like you want "convenient freedom of speech".
Seems to me that is what you want too.

It is ok if you all bash Obama and call him scum and hater of the United States but heaven forbid anyone say anything against Sarah Palin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
TomDot pretends to be conservative.
Ah, yes. The typical "oh he/she is just a Republican in name" when you don't think you like what they do.

Seems like EVERYONE who calls themselves conservative are simply pretending. Let's see Bush was a liberal in disguise...McCain was a Republican by name only...and there was more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 01:24 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Seems to me that is what you want too.

It is ok if you all bash Obama and call him scum and hater of the United States but heaven forbid anyone say anything against Sarah Palin.
Let's be clear - You can say anything you want - conservatives will support your right to do so.

If however you slander someone - that person has every right to go after you in a court of law.

Now - does Obama have the right to go after all these bloggers / writers for any slander that may have happened? Of course. BUT, it is his choice to do so or not.

In Ms. Palins case - she has chosen to go after a party for the falsehoods that this guy wrote. That is her legal right. Her freedom to do so.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:30 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Let's be clear - You can say anything you want - conservatives will support your right to do so.

If however you slander someone - that person has every right to go after you in a court of law.

Now - does Obama have the right to go after all these bloggers / writers for any slander that may have happened? Of course. BUT, it is his choice to do so or not.

In Ms. Palins case - she has chosen to go after a party for the falsehoods that this guy wrote. That is her legal right. Her freedom to do so.
I don't think she is "going after" is she? There really are no grounds here. Time fixes rumor, and when she and Todd don't divorce it all clears up on it's own.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't think she is "going after" is she? There really are no grounds here. Time fixes rumor, and when she and Todd don't divorce it all clears up on it's own.
Yes, she is "going after" this person for the lies.

Just like many celebrities are now going after the Tabloids for their lies.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:34 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
He has done more than put out one rumor. I say do the Clint Eastwood and John Travolta thing. Sue his butt off and shut it down. At least make it totally annoying for him to do his job like it was for her.

Too many people hide behing the First Amendant for their bad behavior. If you think it is so great try being the target of it sometime. Everything can go too far.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Yes, she is "going after" this person for the lies.

Just like many celebrities are now going after the Tabloids for their lies.
And just like many of those celebrities she may have her case tossed out because no harm was intended or inflicted. Well, I hope no taxpayer money is spent on any of this.

PS. Actually it was a lawyer "threatening". No lawsuit as far as I can find. Anyone have a link to that?

Old 08-05-2009, 01:35 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times
clint eastwoon? i thought it was a typo the first time but you did it again!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:36 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:

Excuse me? So will liberals.

And honestly, what you said was off topic. I know Obama and Palin have every right to sue or whatever but this has nothing to do with what I said. I don't care if Palin wants to sue and make some money out of her 15 minutes of fame.

I said that it was very funny how conservatives are up in arms about what was written about Palin but then go ahead and say Obama wants to kill old people. I was talking about freedom of speech here.

Quote:
And just like many of those celebrities she may have her case tossed out because no harm was intended or inflicted. Well, I hope no taxpayer money is spent on any of this.
Sadly, taxpaying dollars will probably go to it. Just like it went to her childrens travel trips and just like how she got all those new clothes from Republican donation money.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
And just like many of those celebrities she may have her case tossed out because no harm was intended or inflicted.
YET, many have been SUCCESSFUL too. You failed to mention this fact.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
YET, many have been SUCCESSFUL too. You failed to mention this fact.
I failed to find mention of an actual lawsuit too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies