Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:25 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times

Advertisements

I see kids running wild in stores with their nitwit parents totally oblivious to what could happen( knock somebody down, get knocked down, get abducted, break something). This lady is no worse than they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 11:34 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I would think the liberals would think this is more humane than spanking your kids. Now we can't even leash our kids?

The problem these days is the liberals are too concerned with being their kid's friend that they don't want to discipline them out of fear of upsetting them. I see these kids all the time. They act up and misbehave and their stupid parents do nothing or say nothing to them.

My kids would probably prefer if I leash them but unlike these moron liberal parents, if my kids act up in public, I will yell at them and God forbid...even spank them.
"Now we can't even leash our kids?" hahahaha.....

why do you call those parents "liberal"? just curious. You're a doctor, right?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:36 AM

A leash is a symptom...so is having to yell or spank in public.

why not develop trust and respect with your child, so he's content to walk with you and know he can absorb/see all he wants while he's with you? If he has plenty to absorb his interest during the rest of the day he wont need to explode once he's in a new interesting environment. If you share the shopping experience with him that's fun and interesting too, and bonding.

Kids also need to learn as soon as they can comprehend that it's not safe to be out among strangers alone. But they can acquire this information from books, poems, stories... not newspaper horror stories or stories ONLY about this subject, but there is so much in children's literature that lets the child feel and understand the meaning of this. IOW it doesnt have to be just you nagging or brandishing a newspaper in front of them, "Look what happened to THIS little girl!"

Old 08-06-2009, 11:43 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
I've seen a few kids who I thought should be crated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am sure a cage would come in handy also. That would keep them from running around and being kids. Great idea!

Old 08-06-2009, 11:43 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I would think the liberals would think this is more humane than spanking your kids. Now we can't even leash our kids?

The problem these days is the liberals are too concerned with being their kid's friend that they don't want to discipline them out of fear of upsetting them. I see these kids all the time. They act up and misbehave and their stupid parents do nothing or say nothing to them.

My kids would probably prefer if I leash them but unlike these moron liberal parents, if my kids act up in public, I will yell at them and God forbid...even spank them.
I laughed when I saw this post. I've been called a "blind dimwitted liberal" by people on this very forum and none of your comments apply to me. Is liberal the go-to word for someone who doesn't agree with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
why not develop trust and respect with your child, so he's content to walk with you and know he can absorb/see all he wants while he's with you? If he has plenty to absorb his interest during the rest of the day he wont need to explode once he's in a new interesting environment. If you share the shopping experience with him that's fun and interesting too, and bonding.
Delusianne, you know I love you and I agree with you on most things but girl please tell me what method you used to get your kids to behave this way so I can start it today! My son is 3 1/2 and he still gets excited about that damn lifesize M&M at M&M world and I have to wrestle him to the ground to keep him from running through the mall to get to it. Hell it doesn't take much to get my son excited. Walking past the movies is like a 20 minute task because of all the posters. FYE takes at least an hour

Old 08-06-2009, 11:54 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I see kids running wild in stores with their nitwit parents totally oblivious to what could happen( knock somebody down, get knocked down, get abducted, break something). This lady is no worse than they are.

With school out, the little rats are running wild everywhere! Can't wait for Labor Day to come and go. Then they are the education system's problem, at least during daytime. If they are well behaved (big IF) I don't mind, but those kids are few and far between today. I see them running around wildly in all the stores (and everywhere else), screaming, yelling, whining, "I want this, why can't I have it?, waaaaaaah", etc. The idiot parents with a glib smile that says, "oh aren't they so cute?". Just want to slap them to hell and back.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I laughed when I saw this post. I've been called a "blind dimwitted liberal" by people on this very forum and none of your comments apply to me. Is liberal the go-to word for someone who doesn't agree with you?

Delusianne, you know I love you and I agree with you on most things but girl please tell me what method you used to get your kids to behave this way so I can start it today! My son is 3 1/2 and he still gets excited about that damn lifesize M&M at M&M world and I have to wrestle him to the ground to keep him from running through the mall to get to it. Hell it doesn't take much to get my son excited. Walking past the movies is like a 20 minute task because of all the posters. FYE takes at least an hour
I DM'ed you

Old 08-06-2009, 02:36 PM

45,356 posts, read 60,546,019 times

Old 08-06-2009, 03:28 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yep. That is how it works with me still.....

My dad just has to say it...once...."Sharon!" and I am up and running his way.

yup I am 38 and when my father calls me I come PERIOD! I never used a leash on my kids I never had to. They know better then to even think about walking away from me when we are out. This woman should be brought up on child abuse charges.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:59 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
for leashing a child? no. it seems strange to me, but i don't have kids so i can't say if they're sometimes warranted.

for dragging a kid along the ground by the leash because you're "having problems with him"? uh, yes.
If you were the arresting officer, what would you charge the parent with?

I think we're going to have to define "abuse" at some time in this thread. If the child isn't hurt or psychologically damaged, is there abuse? "Abuse" isn't anything someone decides is mean or not nice or not what they would ever do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies