Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:09 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Keep on spinnin', facts are facts. The good ol' USA is being beat out by MANY different countries in this area. As a mother of 4,I know how screw- ups by doctors nearly killed 3 of my 4 children. You don't need a PHD to figure out there's something rotten in Denmark.... well maybe not Denmark. Safer having babies there!

Please provide the link between socialized medicine and infantr mortality rates. The only one spinning here is you. You make a straight forward statement yet cannot back it up with evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 08:09 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am not spinning anything... if you have such great experience in international medicine than right a book... I doubt there be anyone there to read it...
Hmmm... how does one "right" a book?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
According to a Time magazine article last week, even when disaggregated by race, the best the US does is 26th for whites.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:18 PM

OK since you won't do it I will.

Pajamas Media » The Doctor Is In: Infant Mortality Comparisons a Statistical Miscarriage

Infant mortality rate needs definition overhaul - Editorial

Old 08-05-2009, 08:18 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Please provide the link between socialized medicine and infantr mortality rates. The only one spinning here is you. You make a straight forward statement yet cannot back it up with evidence.
WHERE in my OP did I even MENTION a link between socialized medicine & infant mortality rates,pray tell? I was merely presenting the facts;& stating that the US could be doing SO much better,all the way around.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
According to a Time magazine article last week, even when disaggregated by race, the best the US does is 26th for whites.

See above for the reason why.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:
Keep on spinnin', facts are facts. The good ol' USA is being beat out by MANY different countries in this area. As a mother of 4,I know how screw- ups by doctors nearly killed 3 of my 4 children. You don't need a PHD to figure out there's something rotten in Denmark.... well maybe not Denmark. Safer having babies there!
mabey you should have taken good care of yourself and had your children at home. hospitals are for sick people not moms. stop being so damm dependent on everybodyelse and live.both my daughters were born at home and both are college grads and doing fine. no docs to blame here just my free American self. and you cant sue yourself

Old 08-05-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
WHERE in my OP did I even MENTION a link between socialized medicine & infant mortality rates,pray tell? I was merely presenting the facts;& stating that the US could be doing SO much better,all the way around.

Are you kidding me? Look at the title of your link in the first post.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:21 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
The current system is broken because health care has been turned from the healing arts into plain old businesses. It's unbelievable that people aren't outraged at our infant mortality rate, but in terms of a general mortality rate, we rank 50th. It's difficult to say that we have "the best health care in the world" when the statistics don't back that up that contention.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:21 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Please provide the link between socialized medicine and infantr mortality rates.
People with socialized medicine see their doctor on a regular basis. That means lots of prenatal and postnatal care. That means a lower infant mortality rate. On the other hand, in this society where copays can bankrupt a young family and many young people are working for fairly low wages, many don't have health insurance. That means when they start a family, they don't have the money to meet the deductible, consequently they don't get the prenatal or the post natal care they need. The end result is that in countries with socialized medicine the infant mortality is less than in a society where you must have copays that can bankrupt a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies