Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:24 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yes, but we do not need the government limiting our choices and running our health program.

We already have the best health care in the world, and some of the best doctors and hospitals. People come to the U.S. to get what they can't get in their country under their governments plan. Why do we want what they have?

Americans do not want this. It's being forced on us. This is why people are reacting negatively to it. They do not want some bureaucrat deciding what is good for them, or what proceedure they can and cannot have.

Besides, elderly people will not get needed care, because the government will not pay for those near the end of life. This is a fact. We need only look at what is happening in other countries. It is a natural consequence of a government run system. If the government is paying the bill (the taxpayers are really paying it), the care will be rationed. I don't care what Obama says. He's a liar.
What do you think United Health Care, CIGNA and other Healthcare Groups do? You wouln't think they would deny coverage for say a pre-conditon would ya? I think I would be much happier with a little competion in the health care sector. Quit spreading fear would ya, it's not healthy for ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 05:35 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Ranks up there with his CARS program disclaimer that your computer is now a government computer.
Yes it does, doesn't it? And to think this jerk has been in office barely six months. I hate to think what we'll see in the next six, let alone the next three years. 2010 cannot get here soon enough. I only hope there will be sufficient numbers of candidates running to replace the lot of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies