Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:08 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,724 times

Advertisements

Grocery stores, yes, Aldi is much much cheaper. We don't have a Farmer's Market around here... But when I need other stuff, Walmart is the only way. I can't buy an 8 dollar chewy toy at the local pet store. Cleaning supplies...dollar general is cheaper. As for everything else, Walmart is my only hope. I guess I could order off line if I planned enough in advance but Walmart's more local than that, at least the employees that get paid will be shopping here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 11:10 AM

751 posts, read 2,480,352 times
Well than maybe the girl scouts hsould lower their rediculous prices. I will not buy them it's so absurd.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:12 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,724 times
lol, you should write them that. Well they're raising money for something though and they're kids ya know? I'll give a couple more bucks occasionally for a good cause

Old 08-06-2009, 11:30 AM

18,125 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Is Walmart stealing the girl scout's copyright?
S..., never mind, copyright only protects rich people and corporations.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:32 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Is Walmart stealing the girl scout's copyright?
S..., never mind, copyright only protects rich people and corporations.
You can copyright a cookie?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:43 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,620,367 times
Must be a slow news day, sheesh.............

Old 08-06-2009, 11:46 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I don't buy girl scout cookies because they're way over priced for what you get and I don't support their association with Planned Parenthood. That's why some relatives removed their daughter from the girl scouts and put them in alternative programs.
Even thought I am not an opponent of planned parenthood, I can respect that...

Old 08-06-2009, 12:03 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,651,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
"Every other large retailer" is a loose term you are throwing out there... Walmart treats they're own employees like crap and proof is in the pudding.
So many people lining up to be treated like crap.

Wal-Mart Gets 25,000 Applications for 325 Jobs | Outside the Beltway | Online Journal of Politics and Foreign Affairs

The new Wal-Mart Stores Inc. location opening Friday in suburban Evergreen Park received a record 25,000 applications for 325 positions, the highest for any one location in the retailers history, a company official says. Despite the fact the company says these numbers underscore demand for WalMart jobs in the community, critics wonder how many of these positions are lower paying part-time work. Wal-Mart’s Chicago-area manager Chad Donath said generally stores receive between 3,000 and 4,000 applications for about 300 to 450 positions. He says Wal-Mart has been participating in job fairs and advertising the positions as it does in other communities but this time we got an amazing response. That incredible number of applications shows the community thinks Wal-Mart is a great place to work, Mr. Donath says.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:18 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
isn't it interesting that people are still pushing the unions when the unions collapsed GM and now the taxpayers have to own GM? the truth is that sam walton wanted americans to buy american. read this article:Buy American campaign gains momentum | Discount Store News | Find Articles at BNET

they still sell american goods. if people are too lazy to look at where the items in the store come from, shame on them. instead of blaming a business, blame the government for shipping the jobs overseas in the first place so people had less options when it comes to buying. they will have to buy the cheapest whether they want to or not at some point. this is, again, the fault of the government and not the businesses. government is in control of whether jobs are shipped overseas or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies