Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 01:41 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,439,250 times

Advertisements

You who are claiming that everyone who supported Obama are flat-out liars who are hell-bent on smearing the opposition. Yes, liars, and no amount of red herrings and straw men are going to hide it.

Yeah, deny away. I can just hear the avalanche of bull***** rolling already...

I pity what the rabid right has become. Pretending to be scared is the lowliest of obstructionist tactics. Big, bad, gun-crazy, capital punishment supporting, sovereign nation invading tough guys, reduced to simpering wimps. Uh huh.

EL OH EL

How low will they go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 01:45 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,673,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Good lord, what are you reading?

GM Sales Continue To Struggle, Down 33.6% In June - AutoSpies Auto News

GM Sales Continue To Struggle, Down 33.6% In June

News : GM posts $6 billion first-quarter loss, spends $10.2 billion in cash : Sierra Vista, AZ (http://www.svherald.com/articles/2009/05/07/news/breaking_news/doc4a031716c0f7f854417013.txt - broken link)

You really have no idea what you are talking about and are just pulling crap out of your .......

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/04/business/04gm.html

After 6,000 Take Buyouts, G.M. to Lay Off Thousands

You have that backwards. The failure of his massive tax and spend policies and government takeover of industries can only benefit the nation.
You truly are a piece of work, Sanrene.

You conveniently cut the part of the article that refutes your entire argument. Here, the entire paragraph:

"Bankruptcy is surely a good thing for General Motors, not only because it would convert the American manufacturer into a cleaner and more competitive company but also because it helps it improve sales in the domestic market. And the first signs of such a thing showed up in June when General Motors delivered 176,571 vehicles, down 33.6 percent compared to the previous year but up 10 percent over the May figures."

Seriously. Your childish partisan posts grow tiresome. Everytime I see you comment on the economy, you always compare statistics to pre-collapse numbers and moan about how horrible things are. Yes, they are, but they are moving in the right direction thanks in no small part to the Obama administration's efforts.

Unless you're looking for some magic fairy to sweep in and make everything better with a little sprinkling of dust, a 10% increase in June over May is, as I stated, a turn in the positive direction.

Go ahead. Try and argue how a 10% increase in domestic sales (not even counting where GM makes most of its money, which is overseas) is a bad thing after such a massive global collapse.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:47 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,439,250 times
And for the bright bulbs crying about whatever supposed image of Obama some of his supporters and the media supposedly put forth - let's give you that point (for the sake of argument only, of course).

What do you propose to do about it? Censor people? Censor the media? Tell me. I'd really love to hear your "solution"...

Old 08-06-2009, 01:52 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,732,875 times
take the poll again - at the 8 year mark

Old 08-06-2009, 03:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,849,967 times
Quote:
You conveniently cut the part of the article that refutes your entire argument. Here, the entire paragraph:
Refutes my argument? You must be joking? A ten percent increase in sales from May to June in NO WAY corroborates YOUR argument. They are down 34% from the previous year, same time, lost $6 BILLION in the first quarter and are going to lay off thousands more - but that 10% increase in one month sure does discount all that, doesn't it?

Totally pathetic and flies in the face of the actual numbers.

Quote:
"Bankruptcy is surely a good thing for General Motors, not only because it would convert the American manufacturer into a cleaner and more competitive company but also because it helps it improve sales in the domestic market. And the first signs of such a thing showed up in June when General Motors delivered 176,571 vehicles, down 33.6 percent compared to the previous year but up 10 percent over the May figures."
Oh, the bold? This is an opinion, NOT backed up by statistics.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:27 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,435,702 times
What did Bush have to do the first six months? Clear the brush?

Old 08-06-2009, 03:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,849,967 times
Quote:
And Bush at the time had everything going for him
Uh...let me think....a monstrous tech bubble that burst?

Old 08-06-2009, 03:32 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,081,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You truly are a piece of work, Sanrene.

Seriously. Your childish partisan posts grow tiresome. Everytime I see you comment on the economy, you always compare statistics to pre-collapse numbers and moan about how horrible things are. Yes, they are, but they are moving in the right direction thanks in no small part to the Obama administration's efforts.

Unless you're looking for some magic fairy to sweep in and make everything better with a little sprinkling of dust, a 10% increase in June over May is, as I stated, a turn in the positive direction.

Go ahead. Try and argue how a 10% increase in domestic sales (not even counting where GM makes most of its money, which is overseas) is a bad thing after such a massive global collapse.
seriously. I've seen the same thing about abstinence only ed, tv ratings, you name it. Pick out only the stats that support her claim, and leave everything else out. It is hard to tell if it is on purpose, or just a serious lack of reading comprehension and math skills.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:39 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,552,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
seriously. I've seen the same thing about abstinence only ed, tv ratings, you name it. Pick out only the stats that support her claim, and leave everything else out. It is hard to tell if it is on purpose, or just a serious lack of reading comprehension and math skills.
This is the trend with almost all right wingers on this forum.

They never have facts.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:45 PM

749 posts, read 945,129 times
The truth is coming out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies