Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:14 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,715,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The Repubs just can't get enough of embarrassing themselves!!

Boy! These GOONS are sure making the Republican Party look bad !!!

They are SO AGAINST FREE SPEECH!!!

They are SO scared that they can't stand and DISCUSS things like rational adults....What COWARDS!!

Ya, their actions really make sane people want to be on their side...LOLOLOL!!!!

Go protesters

Or maybe not.

James Carville's 'Secret' Poll - TheConservatives.com (http://theconservatives.com/blog/2009/aug/06/james-carvilles-secret-poll/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 08:16 PM

52,451 posts, read 34,176,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
That damn gotcha media...
no surprise then that it was on your favorite liberal propaganda outlet, huff&puff.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:17 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,419,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
your pal nancy didn't mention that big red slash, einstein.
she said the protesters were 'carrying swastikas,' the clear implication being that nazi sympathizers were a key part of the demonstrations against owebamacare.
You have no idea if I consider Pelosi my "pal". I'm not from California. I don't care about California politicians. And you are certainly showing a lot of maturity with your cutesy little "owebamacare".

Old 08-06-2009, 08:17 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,200,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no surprise then that it was on your favorite liberal propaganda outlet, huff&puff.
You wanted a photo and I got you a photo...

Old 08-06-2009, 08:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,856,644 times
Quote:
Perhaps it's a democrat tactic? You seem to be engaging in the web forum version of what these congressmen are doing at their town hall meetings, frustration with which is leading to these "disruptions."

Several people, myself among them, have pointed out that meeting atendees are TRYING to have civil discussions, are TRYING to get their questions answered, are TRYING to have their concerns heard, but are being frustrated, passed over, lied to and dismissed. According to one post, a congressman actually admitted, 45 minutes into his "town hall meeting" that he had made his mind up before getting there, and what his constituents said at that meeting really didn't matter. So much for discussing things like rational adults.
So, instead of discussing this tactic of the congressmen, and the reaction to it by frustrated US CITIZENS, you simply deflect it, calling those citizens some more disparaing names and making more incorrect accusations. Is it coincidental that your tactics mirror the democrat congress members, or is there a handbood on tactics & strategies for dealing with issues you don't actuall want to discuss?
Excellent post.

Of course it is not a coincidence. The "talking point" memo on how to "deal" (i.e., make up crap) went out from the WH to the Lefty blogs. They have latched on to this strategy for all their worth. See, they must realize how badly obamacare is in the dumpster, so they will pretend that they can't have any kind of civil discussions at these TH and then pretend that they haven't heard from their constituents, while voting for the obamacare boondoggle. Hello 2010.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:22 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,910,538 times
Quote:
Actually, it was me that wanted the photo. Thanks again.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You have no idea if I consider Pelosi my "pal". I'm not from California. I don't care about California politicians. And you are certainly showing a lot of maturity with your cutesy little "owebamacare".
i'm quite sure nancy is your pal. i didn't mention anything about CA.

the poster who called me 'genius' and advised me to shove it is now caterwauling about 'maturity'?

how very, very odd

Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,856,644 times
Watch as they sneak in obama supporters to the front of the line.

YouTube - DEMS SNEAK UNION THUGS INTO CARNAHAN TOWN HALL-- Tea Party Taxpayers Locked Out!

Old 08-06-2009, 08:25 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,419,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Excellent post.

Of course it is not a coincidence. The "talking point" memo on how to "deal" (i.e., make up crap) went out from the WH to the Lefty blogs. They have latched on to this strategy for all their worth. See, they must realize how badly obamacare is in the dumpster, so they will pretend that they can't have any kind of civil discussions at these TH and then pretend that they haven't heard from their constituents, while voting for the obamacare boondoggle. Hello 2010.
Colorado lawmakers brace for health care fight that moves to their home districts - The Denver Post

"The National Republican Congressional Committee sent talking points to candidates describing Democrats' health reform as "a massive government takeover that will drive up costs, kill 5 million American jobs, and could force millions of Americans from their current health care coverage." "

Old 08-06-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
it wasn't actually i who asked for it, but i do thank you for the best laugh i've had in at least 3 days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies