U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 04:14 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,306,763 times

Advertisements

Glen Beck is a very animated, entertaining fellow. Its too bad he had to completely revamp his game after going to Fox News. Now hes just another talking head saying what he has to to make his superiors happy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 04:15 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,266,528 times
Beck seems to be ruffling some feathers in the white house, good for him. I hope he can survive Barry's retaliation.

What's this about Jeff Jones of the Weather Underground and Obama?

Boy we got a real gem for a president.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:44 PM

26,863 posts, read 41,931,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I only just started watching Beck two weeks ago, because the liberals were getting all "wee-weed" about his show, I found that I just had to see what all the fuss was about. I was watching a TiVo of Beck when a friend came over, and he asked who I was watching, and now he is watching Beck too.
...you see and it makes sense...when I switched to Rachel M. it didn't make sense and it is so hard to watch for even 2 min...but some times I just torture myself to hear what kind of b.s. she is trying to sell but she is still thinking Obama has to be elected because she is still in the era of bashing Bush... maybe some one needs to tell her that Bush isn't the president anymore!

Old 08-25-2009, 04:47 PM

26,863 posts, read 41,931,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Beck seems to be ruffling some feathers in the white house, good for him. I hope he can survive Barry's retaliation.

What's this about Jeff Jones of the Weather Underground and Obama?

Boy we got a real gem for a president.
Glenn, Hannity, Rush are all very brave and sometimes I wonder what indeed the retaliation is against them...Rush already said that he got audited year after year ust for speaking his mind.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:15 PM

13,169 posts, read 206,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Glenn, Hannity, Rush are all very brave and sometimes I wonder what indeed the retaliation is against them...Rush already said that he got audited year after year ust for speaking his mind.
You're right. If you get on the WH black list you're in trouble. Ooops..."black list" .. that's one of the many terms that have just been declared politically incorrect.

Rush will be on Beck's program tomorrow. Catch it if you can. Topic will be free speech, and how the left (administration? Pelosi? Dems?) are going to reign in our free speech. Forget the Fairness Doctrine. They have something else in mind.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:26 PM

44,884 posts, read 29,961,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Glen Beck is a very animated, entertaining fellow. Its too bad he had to completely revamp his game after going to Fox News. Now hes just another talking head saying what he has to to make his superiors happy.
Then you have watched him since he moved and became so popular? Nah, I don't believe you have. Whose word are you taking about him?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 PM

44,884 posts, read 29,961,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
And, just think, Republicans were in control of everything for 6 years and in the White HOuse for 8 years in succession and they were doing that to Rush. It is too bad that progs can't see that he takes whoever is there to task when they screw up.

Speaking of Rush, he was on fire today.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:38 PM

3,854 posts, read 3,896,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Large and growing all the time. This boycott has caused a considerable growth in viewership so it is not working the way Color of Change wanted it to work.

He averaged 2.4 million the week before last and last week, when he was gone on vacation, it was 2.5 million. If more people watch this week it will go higher yet, although he outnumbers the total numbers for all his competition. He must be doing something right that our left leaning friends haven't seen because they allow liberal bloggers to talk them out of it.
He's appealing to the idiots of our nation........those who are full of hate and who are clearly advocating violence in politics!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:04 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,306,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Then you have watched him since he moved and became so popular? Nah, I don't believe you have. Whose word are you taking about him?
Yeah I have. I like to gain a different perspective and Glen Beck was always a great choice to get the conservative side of things. Now I'm hearing how Obama has a deep seeded hatred for white people, even though his mom is white and he hasn't said or done anything to indicate this. He just went over the deep end and it is without a doubt because he moved to Fox News. If I had the knowledge of how to make a montage of Beck pre Fox News and post Fox News I would just so people can see how fake that whole channel is. Glen Beck was actually one of my favorite pundits before he moved to the dark side, he liked to spell things out clearly and ask the real questions. Now its blatantly clear he has an agenda and superiors he needs to please.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:17 AM

36,000 posts, read 22,019,622 times
There are now a total of 36 companies that have pulled their ads from Glenn Beck’s show on Fox News Channel.

The new companies distancing themselves from Beck include Airware Inc. (makers of Brez anti-snoring aids), Ancestry.com, AT&T, Blaine Labs Inc., Campbell Soup Company, Clorox, Ditech, The Elations Company, Experian (creator of FreeCreditReport.com), Farmers Insurance Group, Johnson & Johnson (makers of Tylenol), Lowe’s, NutriSystem, Sprint, The UPS Store and Verizon Wireless.

Read more: Fox News Boycott » 16 More Companies Flee Glenn Beck’s Show
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies