Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:52 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
This explains your surprise.

I've praised Obama for other things, as is his due. But I don't expect leftists to remember facts that run counter to their agenda.
What can I say, I guess I'm not a forum superstar that puts together well thought out threads like "Dear Liberals: We want a divorce".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 06:03 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Just proves right wingers are wrong in accusing Obama of being a liar and trying to sneak around.

If he is willing to go over this, it shows he has nothing to hide.

Good going, Obama!

Old 08-06-2009, 06:18 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Page 29 lines 4-16 -- Your Health Care is RATIONED.
Quote:
WOW. NOT AT ALL! THIS LANGUAGE SAYS THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY MORE THAN A SET AMOUNT EACH YEAR FOR YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE. RIGHT NOW YOU ALL HAVE MAXIMUM AMOUNTS THAT YOUR INSURANCE WILL PAY ANNUALLY AND THEN YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN. THE NEW LAW WILL PROTECT YOU FROM HAVING TO PAY MORE THAN SET AMOUNTS. YOU SHOULD BE SO LUCKY!!

So when the "set amount" everybody pays, turns out to be inadequate and the money starts running out... THEN what happens vis a vis rationing of Health Care?

Oh, but you read on the Internet that there won't be any rationing, so it must be true.

And you read in the bill that no rationing was PLANNED... and so it's bound to work out that way.

Right.

Have you ever seen a massive government program like this that DIDN'T run out of money?

Back to the subject:
Presidnet Obama has promised that he will be happy to go over any and all of these Health Care bills, line by line, with any OCngressmen who want to.

What are the chances that these sessions will be televised, so that we can hear/see all the things discussed, and each person's reactions?

Sounds like an EXCELLENT way of achieving the "transparency" Obama promised us in order to get elected. Thank you, Mr. President, for doing this for us!

P.S. You wouldn't run out on that promise, now would you? And dump such a great opportunity for the "transparency" you said would be a hallmark of your administration?

Old 08-06-2009, 06:25 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Just proves right wingers are wrong in accusing Obama of being a liar and trying to sneak around.
Let me get this straight:

Obama has broken dozens of major promises. Now he has made yet another promise. And this proves he's not a liar???

Do you leftists have any idea how silly you sound?

Old 08-06-2009, 06:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

If he is willing to go over this, it shows he has nothing to hide.

Good going, Obama!
Good and I hope the line by line explanation is documented somewhere because I would like to know why:

1. This bill will pay for someone to learn English, get their GED and go to Nursing School. There is no language stating you have to pass nor finish the program nor any length of work required to forgive this money.

We have enough people in the US that can speak English, have a GED/diploma and are out of work.

2. Why is there so much money being put into education and about what ?

3. I'm leery of the wording about guidance, counselling, and decision making done by patients and people other than their doctor. Would these be the non-English people we're training in #1 above ?

I'm sure there's lots more but this is a 1000+ page bill full of government speak. And I'm also sure what's on OpenCongress is not the final one.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:05 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Yes, he really said that. And it looks like a number of Reps and Senators are going to take him up on it.

It can actually be a very good thing. Finally, both the President and Members of Congress will be able to learn exactly what's in this monster of a bill that they are supposed to vote on some day.

My only wish? That they televise every minute of it, no matter how many minutes/hours/days/weeks it takes. Then the American people will also be able to learn exactly what's in it, what the various govt officials think of it, and what their reasons are for favoring/opposing each piece.
Good idea. Good for Rep Roe too, what little he was able to get in there.

Link to why you say the President doesnt know what's in the House bill?

[/quote]

Old 08-06-2009, 08:11 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Good and I hope the line by line explanation is documented somewhere because I would like to know why:

1. This bill will pay for someone to learn English, get their GED and go to Nursing School. There is no language stating you have to pass nor finish the program nor any length of work required to forgive this money.

We have enough people in the US that can speak English, have a GED/diploma and are out of work.

2. Why is there so much money being put into education and about what ?

3. I'm leery of the wording about guidance, counselling, and decision making done by patients and people other than their doctor. Would these be the non-English people we're training in #1 above ?

I'm sure there's lots more but this is a 1000+ page bill full of government speak. And I'm also sure what's on OpenCongress is not the final one.
It isnt.

"This bill will pay for someone to learn English, get their GED and go to Nursing School" -- link?

link to why you think patients would see someone other than their doctors for anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies