Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 03:50 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Let me put it to you this way TM:

You cannot send your Christmas Cards, your Birthday cards etc by FedEX or UPS.

These are First Class Mail.

Not true.. I can simply go down to Fed ex, put it in an envelope and ship it with them.. that statement is COMPLETELY false..

I WILL pay a lot more to do it.. but I CAN send those things ANY WAY I WANT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
But you are ready to trust them to be in total charge of our health care ? LOL

Um... again.. the bill does not put them in charge of anyone's health care.. that is an OUTRIGHT lie..

but nice try

Its a health insurance regulation bill.. with minimun standards set in place that private sector must comply to.. .AND the government PUBLIC OPTION must meet those SAME minimum standards.. If the public option offers me an affordable choice with coverage for things I need, then that is the plan I will buy and I will buy it with confidence.

Same way I have total confidence when I send an expensive painting/item overseas via USPS Priority Mail!!

Old 08-07-2009, 03:55 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Last Obama campaign promise to mention - can read the rest at PolitiFact | The Obameter: Obama's Campaign Promises that are about Health (http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/subjects/health/?page=4 - broken link)
I believe Obama would support UHC/Single Payer if it were up to him to write and pass the bill. But that is not the case. You might want to stick with what is in the bill(s) under consideration.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I'm not surprised.. I know our government is bought and paid for by the highest bidder.
Now you can understand why you don't hear big pharma screaming against this..they already worked their deal outside of this bill.

Makes you wonder who else worked deals ? The finger pointing is at fellow Americans "backed by some group" but I think these big groups have already made deals with the politicians as you don't see them directly coming out as opposed.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:58 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Um... again.. the bill does not put them in charge of anyone's health care.. that is an OUTRIGHT lie..

but nice try

Its a health insurance regulation bill.. with minimun standards set in place that private sector must comply to.. .AND the government PUBLIC OPTION must meet those SAME minimum standards.. If the public option offers me an affordable choice with coverage for things I need, then that is the plan I will buy and I will buy it with confidence.

Same way I have total confidence when I send an expensive painting/item overseas via USPS Priority Mail!!
The bill will lead to it ...I know you don't believe that.
Public versus private.
I doubt you'll buy the private option since it will have to cover what the public one does but since the government can run in the red they can price it lower.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why would I trust the OP more than the other...the first thing I don't trust is that Obama didn't answer one question.

2nd. At the Town hall meeting even the registred Dem. are insulted and told they are right wing extremist or worse....just for asking a question.

3rd. Why want Obama and Pelosi, push this health care down our throats without the Senators having read the bill.

4th. Why does the White House wants people reported who are writing about health care instead of answering questions and stating lies at Town Hall meetings about things Obama said him self!

5th. Out of experience I know that an United health care system is bad for the elderly but also for younger people...treatments will be cut.

6th.....Just doing a simple math ...I know that the way this government is projecting the cost isn't for real and the already have proven to be wrong!

NO UNITED HEATH CARE!!!! BETTER THE SYSTEM THAT WE HAVE!!!!
How about an intelligent and informed discussion about healthcare?

Old 08-07-2009, 04:00 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Excuse me - but the bill does put the government in charge of determining what kind of coverages there will be - at a minimum.

That is "in charge" - because they will be the determining entity. AND, another part of the bill will require that the coverages insurance companies offer have to be run through the government

Old 08-07-2009, 04:01 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Quote:
Actually, the whole health care system is the result of government intrusion.

It is a crime for an unlicensed person to give medical treatment, as in "practicing medicine without a license."
It is a crime for an unlicensed person to buy medicine or medical devices without first buying permission from a licensed person.
It is a crime for an unlicensed person to sell medicine or medical devices.
It is a crime for a licensed person to sell medicine, etc, to one who does not have permission (i.e, prescription).

Ergo, the government imposed a monopoly, scarcity, increased the cost, and criminalized helpful behavior. And you think they're going to "fix" what they broke with more rules and regulations and taxes?

Old 08-07-2009, 04:01 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Not true.. I can simply go down to Fed ex, put it in an envelope and ship it with them.. that statement is COMPLETELY false..

I WILL pay a lot more to do it.. but I CAN send those things ANY WAY I WANT!!
Now you are being argumentative and obtuse

Old 08-07-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Actually, the whole health care system is the result of government intrusion.

It is a crime for an unlicensed person to give medical treatment, as in "practicing medicine without a license."
It is a crime for an unlicensed person to buy medicine or medical devices without first buying permission from a licensed person.
It is a crime for an unlicensed person to sell medicine or medical devices.
It is a crime for a licensed person to sell medicine, etc, to one who does not have permission (i.e, prescription).

Ergo, the government imposed a monopoly, scarcity, increased the cost, and criminalized helpful behavior. And you think they're going to "fix" what they broke with more rules and regulations and taxes?

Excuse me.. I don't know about you.. but I don't want ANYONE doing ANYTHING that isn't licensed to do it.. ESPECIALLY medince.

can you imagine if people walked around calling themselves a DR when they couldn't pass the MINIMUM standards required to be licensed??

Come on.. you can't be serious! It's there for your PROTECTION against QUACKS and WACKADOOS

The problem came with t creation of the HMO.. thanks to NIxon!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies